90 - NY Giants - OLB - S.Havner, UCLA
91 - Tampa Bay - CB - D.Hunter, Miami Ohio
92 - Chicago - SS - J.Bullocks, Nebraska
93 - Cincinnati - OLB - K.Simon, Tennessee
94 - Denver - WR - M.Hass, Oregon St
95 - Seattle - C - M.Degory, Florida
96 - Indianapolis - ILB - A.Schlegal, Ohio St

Significant assumptions:
David Carr, John Abraham, Julian Peterson, LeCharles Bentley, Nate Clements, Jamal Lewis/Chester Taylor, Jeff Backus, Jeff Garcia, Adam Archuleta, Ryan Pickett, Drew Brees, Antwan Randle-El, Shaun Alexander, & Edgerrin James all resign with or be franchised by their respective teams.

Darren Howard, Ahman Green, Antonio Bryant, Charles Woodson, Terrell Owens(duh), Sam Cowart, Will Allen, DeShaun Foster, Steve Hutchinson, & Reggie Wayne all leave via free agency.

Aaron Brooks will be cut.

Jerome Bettis retires.

Notables staying in school: Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton, Michael Bush, Maurice Drew, Steve Smith, Greg Lee, Jeff Samardzija, Levi Brown, Justin Blalock, Kyle Young, Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses, Ahmad Brooks, Patrick Willis, H.B. Blades, Paul Posluszny, Ernie Sims, Ashton Youboty, Devin Hester, Charles Gordon, Richard Marshall, Brandon Meriweather, Donte Whitner, Michael Griffin, & Ko Simpson.

*Projected trade: NY Jets trade this year's 1st & 2nd rounders along with future picks to Houston for #1 overall.

i would kill for this to be our draft.....but i can almost guarantee that kyle young will come out..when fresno st was in town i talked with some friends and some knew kyle really well and said he would come out... i belive boomer reported it somewhere on here that he and marshall will come out

nice mock smad, i agree about the texans trading down...a lot of my friends(one being a texans fan) think there is no way they pass on bush

Do the Jets have the cap room to keep Abraham plus trade up to the #1 overall and pay QB money????

I'd be fairly shocked if the Jets took Leinart over Bush. Other than that, pretty good mock. I'd be happy with that draft.

Not to shabby... I like the picks the fins get anyway. But I thought that Saban said somewhere he doesn't like to use first day picks on Olineman. Something about good olinemen are developed...

Oh, and I thought I read somewhere that Ernie Sims said he is coming out...

Oh... just noticed, I think we would take Minter over Miles in the second round.

Minter has really dominated wr's this year. Plus he is tough against the run... sounds like a perfect Saban kind of kid...

wait taking a closer look now couple things i see wrong Harris from miami in the first round is about 2 rounds higher then the kids actually gonna go. Gabe Watson is imo a first round lock right now his stock has soared higher then any dts except ngatas and should easily be a top 20 pick. Martin Nance in the 3rd, the kids done everything he could possibly do this year and his stock as far as im concearned is pretty high. 2nd round at worst ;)

Smad:

Where do we get our QB from? Free Agency?

Also, do you seriously think Max JeanGiles will fall THAT far into the 2nd round? Personally I think he is a late 1st round pick and I would definately grab him up if he falls that far in the second, but I dont see it happening. I think he is a sure fire cant miss OG stud in the NFL and I would love to grab him.... but I dont think its possible.

Do the Jets plan on keeping Pennington for a year and then cut him and just suck up the cap hit? That would be a good trade for Houston because they can get the position of need and save cash on him and get more draft picks. But I dont know if the Jets need to make that trade.

If Carr resigns with Houston, I highly doubt SF drafts a QB and if I am drafting 3rd, the only way I trade up for Leinart is if I feel another team is willing to trade up and jump me to get Leinart. Therefore who do you feel might trade up to get Leinart in the 1st or 2nd spot? That would be the only reasoning the Jets would make that trade if they seriously felt another team was going to jump them.

Im just curious to your line of thinking for the Jets future and why Max will fall that far and what QB you think we get in free agency.

also saw something else i dont really like Mangold going to houston in the 2nd is like a round or 2 high for that guy...Eslinger is the best center in the draft. If there sitting there with that extra secound round pick they will not pass on Max Jean-Gilles ;) . Also for houston Leonard Pope would be a great pick but that teams defense really sucks so i could easily see them going dbrick round 1 then just taking defense the rest of the way ;)

Philter25 said:
Do the Jets plan on keeping Pennington for a year and then cut him and just suck up the cap hit? That would be a good trade for Houston because they can get the position of need and save cash on him and get more draft picks. But I dont know if the Jets need to make that trade.

Im just curious to your line of thinking for the Jets future.

Yeah me too, I don't think they have the cap room to keep Abraham and sign Leinart to #1 overall QB money.

Buddwalk said:
also saw something else i dont really like Mangold going to houston in the 2nd is like a round or 2 high for that guy...Eslinger is the best center in the draft. If there sitting there with that extra secound round pick they will not pass on Max Jean-Gilles ;) . Also for houston Leonard Pope would be a great pick but that teams defense really sucks so i could easily see them going dbrick round 1 then just taking defense the rest of the way ;)

i think kyle young will have somthin to say about that;) ...also it seems eslinger is a system center and would only work in denver or atlantas scheme

Back
Top Bottom