NFLdraftcountdown.com: Rivers to Miami. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLdraftcountdown.com: Rivers to Miami.

Not gonna happen at #20 right now but there is still a shot to move up. I see three teams above the #20 spot that might take a shot on Rivers before Miami ever got around to picking: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco (Garcia isn't getting any younger.) With the way Rivers played at the Senior Bowl the only chance for him to fall is if he has an absoulutely terrible combine and that probably isn't going to happen.

Who knows though, stranger things have happened on draft day so there is a slight chance he could fall.

for the umpteenth time, we're not taking rivers(unless he miraculously falls to the 2nd or 3rd round).

I like it. Hope it happens

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
for the umpteenth time, we're not taking rivers(unless he miraculously falls to the 2nd or 3rd round).

I like it. Hope it happens

I would say that I agree with you and that the Bills have more pressing needs however, with TD pushing the draft button you never know what's going to happen. I'm sure if someone told you that TD was going to take McGahee last year you would have laughed their faces and told them they were stupid because you already have/had a top 10 RB so why grab another RB in the first round. TD is unpredictable and will do whatever he wants.

Rivers WILL be their at 20... give me a break.

"we'll we need like 4 secondary players... but lets go ahead and grab rivers!."

Pittsburgh- A Lot of Interest in Henson

Bills- Need help in other places. if they get that help, their QB ain't that bad! he's one of the best. besides, they can get a QB in the 2nd (Schaub) or 3rd (Pickett IMO is gonna turn out great).

Dallas- Parcels isn't going to draft a QB in the first round. He needs to get lineman to replace the old folks, and a CB (Strait). If he can improve Carter that much in 1 year, then he will probably try and do it next season. A ROOKIE WILL NOT help this team.

Green Bay- They need other things, and trading up hurts this team NOW, and in the future. they'll wait for Losman if Rivers is gone.

If some teams gets Rivers, that will suck, but I think Losman, or Pickett would be great pickups.

NFL Draft Countdown changes their mocks like 2-3 times a week.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
NFL Draft Countdown changes their mocks like 2-3 times a week.

Yup, and they have Rivers at the top of their overrated section, for what it's worth.

I think Rivers will be there at the 20th pick, say Manning goes, then Roth, then Henson, then Rivers, all before the 20th pick, we still get Losman. I think that's a damn good QB to be taken as the 5th one overall - I wouldn't complain if that many teams wanted to take a QB and we still got someone as talented as Losman.

Rivers will fall to 20 I think. Don't forget to add Drew Henson into the mix. When you ask who is the #3 overall QB in the draft, its Henson.

And whether Henson gets traded somewhere or re-enters the draft, some team will get him and he will satisfy their need for a young QB.

I really do not think the Bills will draft Rivers. Its ridiculous to think they will to be honest. And from there someone gets Henson and then we get Rivers at 20.

The real question is do we want to draft Rivers at 20...cuz that might be a little high.

Originally posted by Cranx
Not gonna happen at #20 right now but there is still a shot to move up. I see three teams above the #20 spot that might take a shot on Rivers before Miami ever got around to picking: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco (Garcia isn't getting any younger.)

SF:Apparently you forgot about their backup QB: RATTAY?
Bills: have more pressing needs and only pick Rivers if he falls to the 2nd.
Pitt: will make a run at Hension

If you add Hension to the draft or FA and Canadian Ricky Ray, it should take some burden off the top 19 picks to select a rookie QB. Hopefully Pitt takes Hension and Ray goes to GB, so that leaves us really SD if they decide to trade down in front of us.

Originally posted by everardteach

SF:Apparently you forgot about their backup QB: RATTAY?
Bills: have more pressing needs and only pick Rivers if he falls to the 2nd.
Pitt: will make a run at Hension

No, I'm fully aware of Rattay and I'm also aware that the guy isn't all that great. He's a career backup at best and behind him all they have is limp armed Dorsey so THERE IS STILL A NEED THERE.

The Bills had more pressing needs last year and took McGahee so you can't say with any shred of certainty who they'll take.

Finally, you have absolutely nothing to substantiate the notion that Pittsburgh will take a shot on HENSON (There's no "I" in Henson) if he ever even makes it to the draft. If the Steelers go QB they're very likely to grab Rivers and any thought to the contrary is simply dilusional.

No, I'm fully aware of Rattay and I'm also aware that the guy isn't all that great. He's a career backup at best and behind him all they have is limp armed Dorsey so THERE IS STILL A NEED THERE.

Erickson has shown enthusiasm over Rattay as their QB. Their is also reports out of the 49er camp that their not going to release Garcia. Yes I realize what limitations Rattay has but remember its about winning and the 49er's seemed to do better with him at the helm.

The Bills had more pressing needs last year and took McGahee so you can't say with any shred of certainty who they'll take.

Your absolutely right about the Bills. WHO KNOWS?

Finally, you have absolutely nothing to substantiate the notion that Pittsburgh will take a shot on HENSON (There's no "I" in Henson) if he ever even makes it to the draft. If the Steelers go QB they're very likely to grab Rivers and any thought to the contrary is simply dilusional.

This one is pure speculation on my behalf as I am hoping Hension will enter the draft and leave once less contender for Rivers.

Supossedly Rivers is DAMN good. I have only seen him in the senior bowl but ive been listening to alot of people and my bro went to FSU and hes a HUGE seminole fan and he said he HATED playing Philip Rivers - that Rivers would tear FSU apart and kicked their ***. He said hes a damn good QB and if we get him we'll be in very good shape. Rivers has played all the top college teams, Losman from Tulane doesnt play all the top notch teams and I will be terribly dissappointed if we dont pick up Rivers and grab Losman instead....Please Dan get us Rivers!!!! Thats your best shot at a Superbowl ring!!!

Originally posted by everardteach

This one is pure speculation on my behalf as I am hoping Hension will enter the draft and leave once less contender for Rivers.

It's Henson bro, with no "I" in the name. H-E-N-S-O-N.

Back
Top Bottom