NHL Agrees to a deal!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NHL Agrees to a deal!!!

Lets Go Buf-fa-lo!

This is awesome, I cant wait to go to a Sabres game again.

Slappy8800 said:
hes not the majority owner anymore

there's a group of west coast investors that are looking to buy the Pens. Mario would still stay on as a minority owner, but I think the best thing about the new CBA is the salary FLOOR. Its great that the 'Gers can't have an 85 mil payroll, but I'm happy because the Pens can't be penny-pinchers either. Hopefully they'll raise our payroll, because right now they have one too many Wilkes-Barre players on the team.

I do think its funny though that most teams only have like 4 or 5 players under contract right now. FA is going to be a mess with all the players changing teams in a whirlwind market

here's a great article that shows exactly who is under contract and at what price:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3756644

Sabres only UFA is Zhitnik, and he's been horrible IMO the past few years.

Can't wait till the deal is official!

Dudeman said:
there's a group of west coast investors that are looking to buy the Pens. Mario would still stay on as a minority owner, but I think the best thing about the new CBA is the salary FLOOR. Its great that the 'Gers can't have an 85 mil payroll, but I'm happy because the Pens can't be penny-pinchers either. Hopefully they'll raise our payroll, because right now they have one too many Wilkes-Barre players on the team.

I do think its funny though that most teams only have like 4 or 5 players under contract right now. FA is going to be a mess with all the players changing teams in a whirlwind market

here's a great article that shows exactly who is under contract and at what price:

Great link...BTW, what's that last logo there on your list? The Padres?

Dudeman said:
yeah, its their alternate logo.....the swinging friar

That's what I thought, since it made sense, but I haven't seen that before. Kinda reminds me of Friar Puck, some guy from the Panthers around 2000 who rang a bell whenever the Panthers scored...they scored something like 1 goal in 5 games and ditched the guy. :lol:

RWhitney014 said:
That's what I thought, since it made sense, but I haven't seen that before. Kinda reminds me of Friar Puck, some guy from the Panthers around 2000 who rang a bell whenever the Panthers scored...they scored something like 1 goal in 5 games and ditched the guy. :lol:

they still throw rats out onto the ice when somebody gets a HT?

Dudeman said:
they still throw rats out onto the ice when somebody gets a HT?

:cry: No, unfortunately...that was the best thing ever. The NHL banned it when it started happening all around the league and would take 5 minutes to get the game going again after every goal. At first, Detroit had the octopus and we had the rat, but everyone started throwing crap.

I don't know if you know the story, but for anyone else who's interested, at the start of the Panthers' 1996 Stanley Cup run, Scott Mellanby killed a rat in the locker room with a stick. The media got wind of it, and fans started throwing plastic rats onto the ice after a Panthers goal. It was something to see...1996's ad campaign was "The Year of the Rat"; they really milked it. It was so much fun...dumb NHL. :fire:

RWhitney014 said:
:cry: No, unfortunately...that was the best thing ever. The NHL banned it when it started happening all around the league and would take 5 minutes to get the game going again after every goal. At first, Detroit had the octopus and we had the rat, but everyone started throwing crap.

I don't know if you know the story, but for anyone else who's interested, at the start of the Panthers' 1996 Stanley Cup run, Scott Mellanby killed a rat in the locker room with a stick. The media got wind of it, and fans started throwing plastic rats onto the ice after a Panthers goal. It was something to see...1996's ad campaign was "The Year of the Rat"; they really milked it. It was so much fun...dumb NHL. :fire:

I actually had no idea that it had anything to do with Mellanby, I just figured that because a panther is a cat, and cats love to chase mice/rats....

The Wings started it all with the octopus though, and it still happens on occasion

Dudeman said:

Thanks for the article. It looks like the Avalanche are gonna get rid of Foote or Blake.

Back
Top Bottom