NHL Agrees to a deal!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NHL Agrees to a deal!!!

First of all, some teams will be fine. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Colorado, Detroit, Minnesota, New York Rangers, Boston, and Philadelphia should have no problem getting fans back. Florida could be a good wild card, since they have so much money to spend and people down here respond to money being spent.

RWhitney014 said:
First of all, some teams will be fine. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Colorado, Detroit, Minnesota, New York Rangers, Boston, and Philadelphia should have no problem getting fans back. Florida could be a good wild card, since they have so much money to spend and people down here respond to money being spent.

Very true. Many teams will be fine. However, I think there are a lot of teams that will be crippled by this. I said this before and I'll reiterate: five teams will fold within the next five years. It'll start with Pittsburgh, probably followed by Carolina.

This may not be a bad thing; the NHL has dramatically overexpanded. In business parlance, they need to "return to their core constituency" and maybe even "rightsize" or "streamline".

Guys, you have no idea how big a deal this is to me. Hockey's my game- played it, coached it- love it like a family member. Not having hockey for me this year was equivlent to not being able to eat for 10 months. Thank God. Now...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

RWhitney014 said:
Well, the easy part is over. Now the hard part begins...getting people like those above me to care.

The hell with those above you. The hardcore hockey fan like myself hates these stupid rule changes, and could really care less if people who never appreciated the greatest sport in the world for what it is before appreciate it now. Most of those people (no offense) wouldn't know the first thing about what hockey's all about anyway. I don't need fans who ***** and moan and want to change every rule in the book watching our great game. Stick to the NBA.

Slappy8800 said:
:banana: :mdfin: :cpatch: :rawk: i dont get it...why post if youre not an NHL fan?....GO RANGERS!!!!

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!!!! Ah, it's good to talk trash to Ranger fans again. :D

phunwin said:
Very true. Many teams will be fine. However, I think there are a lot of teams that will be crippled by this. I said this before and I'll reiterate: five teams will fold within the next five years. It'll start with Pittsburgh, probably followed by Carolina.

This may not be a bad thing; the NHL has dramatically overexpanded. In business parlance, they need to "return to their core constituency" and maybe even "rightsize" or "streamline".

SHHHH!!! I'm going to cover this soon. Don't ruin my article! :lol:

LOL!

"Smithers, they've heard too much. Use the mind eraser on them."
"You mean the revolver, sir?"
"Yes, and when you're done, be sure to erase your own mind."

phunwin said:
LOL!

"Smithers, they've heard too much. Use the mind eraser on them."
"You mean the revolver, sir?"
"Yes, and when you're done, be sure to erase your own mind."

:rofl3: :lol: :rofl3: :lol:

RWhitney014 said:
So when is the lottery? And when is the draft?

The lottery is next Thursday, the same day as the ratification is expected to be anounced. The Draft will be July 30 in Ottawa.

FireWrongstedt said:
The lottery is next Thursday, the same day as the ratification is expected to be anounced. The Draft will be July 30 in Ottawa.

OK, thanks. I wish the Panthers could cash in on their slim chance to get Crosby. However, 4 teams, including Columbus, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers, have the best shot at winning the lotto.

Imagine if Columbus got it...they'd have Crosby and Nash...all they need are Stills and Young!

Columbus doesn't deserve Crosby. A hockey-town needs Crosby, it would suck if a team like Carolina, Nashville, or Florida landed him. They should turn the NHL back-into a regional sport instead of trying to expand it south.

Crisis said:
Columbus doesn't deserve Crosby. A hockey-town needs Crosby, it would suck if a team like Carolina, Nashville, or Florida landed him. They should turn the NHL back-into a regional sport instead of trying to expand it south.

Well, Tampa Bay did win the Cup last last season.

And Florida had a higher average attendance (15,904) than Buffalo, Boston, New Jersey, Washington, NY Islanders, Chicago, and Pittsburgh.

St. Louis was 6th in attendance, Dallas 8th, Los Angeles 11th, Tampa Bay 12th, Florida 17th, San Jose 18th, and Phoenix 19th. All of those teams averaged more than 15,500; the league high (Montreal) was just about 20, the league low (Pittsburgh) was just about 11. So all of those non-traditional markets did fairly well, and all the traditional markets above were in the lower segment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2004

So is it really traditional markets or is it teams with loyal followings?

Back
Top Bottom