Nice Draft Fellas. Congrats. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice Draft Fellas. Congrats.

Awwww thanks Losman- we hate you too

:)

No, but I really do like Parrish, although I thought he was taken somewhat early.

Parrish will be a good speedy slot receiver to stretch the field but will need to add on at least 15 pounds in the next 2 years to take the hits of the NFL. Is a great punt returner also and flies around the field.

Everrett apparently to one of the coaches at UM is faster than Kellen Winslow but as a few people have said already is very raw.

Parrish played QB in high school at Miami High. You guys can definitely sneak in some gimmick plays with him throwing it. Good arm. He's a small darting receiver with great acceleration out of his breaks and the ability to make several moves in rapid succession. Excellent speed. Very good at not looking for ball too soon. He played from the first game as a frosh in 2002 and scored the first TD in the illfated Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State.

In 2003 Miami had no confidence in Brock Berlin and used too damn many "safe" underneath crossing routes. Parrish damn near got killed on one of those at FSU. He was seriously hurt, spent time in the hospital and missed several games. He wasn't as effective when he returned.

Last year Berlin improved and Parrish became his top guy. Many deep TD catches. He's generally not as good inside the red zone but that may have been due to Miami's offense and Berlin. He split time with Devin Hester at punt returner and may have been the best backup punt returner in NCAA history. Several for TDs during his career. I'm sure you'll utilize him there.

Everett can be frustrating. He looks the part, tall and lanky. An athletic frame. Reaches for the ball nicely with his hands not just relying on his body. But he'll drop some easy ones. A couple of them in 2003 would have gone for TDs including a pivotal drop on a fake FG at Va Tech that would have tied the game. More of a receiver than a blocker. Frankly, Everett never played much at UM and his best football should be ahead of him. There was always a Shockey or a Winslow ahead of him and even Greg Olson splitting time last year.

Back
Top Bottom