Nick Foles > Teddy Bridgewater | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles > Teddy Bridgewater

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Foles - has shown he can come up big in clutch moments. Has played well in multiple seasons. Has started recently.

Bridgewater - Has almost a 1 to 1 career TD to interception ratio, compared to the 2 to 1 TD to interception ratio of Foles. Would be cheaper, but wouldn't be the type of bridge QB that would allow you to really improve much at QB.

When Foles is inevitably released. The eagles are in cap trouble and releasing foles saves them over 18 million.

Agree on your opinion but why would they wanna replace Tannehill to Bridgewater?
Foles, maybe. He's considerable option but Bridgewater is worse than Tannehill, and i think Tannehill is below average starting qb tbh.

Foles - has shown he can come up big in clutch moments. Has played well in multiple seasons. Has started recently.

Bridgewater - Has almost a 1 to 1 career TD to interception ratio, compared to the 2 to 1 TD to interception ratio of Foles. Would be cheaper, but wouldn't be the type of bridge QB that would allow you to really improve much at QB.

When Foles is inevitably released. The eagles are in cap trouble and releasing foles saves them over 18 million.
Not sold on Foles. The following season when teams had tape on him and Kelly...he was bad. Trade for Sam Bradford bad. Goes to the Rams and is draft a QB #1 bad. Off to KC...as a backup.

Fast forward to last season...comes in leads Eagles to the Super Bowl. Sucks so bad in the 1st two games, the Eagles bring back Wentz early.

Makes another 4 game run at the end of the season...to be continued.

No Thanks > No Thanks.

Both are OK QB's, but journeymen, neither is special and none is the type we should use resources to get.

No Thanks > No Thanks.

Both are OK QB's, but journeymen, neither is special and none is the type we should use resources to get.
We need someone to hold the fort down for a year or two. Kinda like Gus Frerotte in 2005. Foles fits the mold.

We need someone to hold the fort down for a year or two. Kinda like Gus Frerotte in 2005. Foles fits the mold.
I gotcha … but when we're in rebuilding mode we don't spend draft picks (which is just about the only thing we can use to get those guys) or invest a bunch of long term guaranteed money (which is how you get free agents) just to get a stopgap that is worse than the guy you currently have. The QB answer is not in retreads of journeymen, and it surely isn't in trading away draft picks to get journeymen. Neither of those guys is the answer, so let's not waste resources. What's the worst thing that can happen if we don't waste resources … we might have the 1st overall pick in 2020 when the QB crop is better?

I wouldn't be surprised if both of them stay right where they are.

Are we afraid the fort will blow away?

Why are we building forts that can blow away?!?

But seriously, I fail to see the real logic. Not directed at you, just the general philosophy many fans and teams approach this issue.

If you are going to suck, why suck less? Is there a trophy at stake? Cash award?

We have Fales and Faulk to suck. This IS our chance to draft a legitimate franchise QB with a very high draft pick. Why do we want someone to blow this chance?

Use this coming year to purge bad contracts and save cap space. Roll money into the future. Start anticipating resigning our own.

This upcoming draft is defense heavy. Take the chance to build the D this year. Draft QB next year.

I don't think we need to get cute here. Play the draft as it allows. This is THE year to stockpile picks and get our financial house in order.

If we are going to build this the right way then we need to take some lumps.

And stop using sails to build our fort! :)

Are we afraid the fort will blow away?

Why are we building forts that can blow away?!?

But seriously, I fail to see the real logic. Not directed at you, just the general philosophy many fans and teams approach this issue.

If you are going to suck, why suck less? Is there a trophy at stake? Cash award?

We have Fales and Faulk to suck. This IS our chance to draft a legitimate franchise QB with a very high draft pick. Why do we want someone to blow this chance?

Use this coming year to purge bad contracts and save cap space. Roll money into the future. Start anticipating resigning our own.

This upcoming draft is defense heavy. Take the chance to build the D this year. Draft QB next year.

I don't think we need to get cute here. Play the draft as it allows. This is THE year to stockpile picks and get our financial house in order.

If we are going to build this the right way then we need to take some lumps.

And stop using sails to build our fort! :)
I understand what you’re saying but an NFL coach is going to want to compete. Faulk may not be an NFL quarterback.

People just don't get it bringing in Foles is like bringing in Suh or Mike Wallace. It makes you feel good but is counter productive to building long term success. Look at the Vikes they very well could be in cap hell and Cousins is a better QB than Foles.

If we cut Tannehill, he should be replaced with another teams leftovers and we should not give him a post June 1 designation. We have to eat all his dead cap this year. Us fans don't realize what a huge disadvantage dead cap space is to our team. We can no longer mortgage our future for mistakes of the past. We are on the hook for 13+ million if Tannehill plays for us or not. We reclaim 13 of the 26 mil of his contract if we cut him. Can we sign Foles or Bridgewater for 13 million, I doubt it. I don't think we should try to fix everything at once. We should keep him til we find his replacement and then maybe keep him an extra year to let his replacement settle in. My opinion is his replacement should be a draft pick unless a low priced free agent falls into our laps. This year we should accumulate physically gifted athletes through the draft and low priced free agents.

I understand what you’re saying but an NFL coach is going to want to compete. Faulk may not be an NFL quarterback.
I don't think you have to intentionally field a bad team next year and we shouldn't assume that just because our team sucks next year our QB issues will be solved. QB is just one position on the team. We shouldn't force a change but we should always be looking to improve the position but not at any cost. We need the best 53 not the best QB. Having said that I do think we need to fix our cap in order to field the best 53.

Foles is garbage. Bridgewatter is garbage. People wanting them here are stupid.

Back
Top Bottom