Nick Foles > Teddy Bridgewater | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles > Teddy Bridgewater

I believe Teddy Bridgewater can be a solid QB in the NFL he just needs to be given a chance and stay healthy.

Bridgewater, Foles...you name the guy, it doesn't matter to me so long as the guy is a caretaker while we are reaching for the highest level possible college quarterback who can make us relevant for more than a decade. That's my hope that we finally have that plan. Heck, if you could guarantee me Trevor Lawrence, I'd be happy to have a caretaker until 2021 because it'd be worth it.

Key words there are "of the year."

Foles also has the highest rated season for a QB ever, before the league figured out Chip Kelly. But after it did, his "year" was abysmal. Foles is the very definition of a system QB. Unless we hire just the right coach, I can't depend on Foles. I'm not interested.

Kind of where I'm at with it. In the right system and with a clean pocket, he'll kill ya. Throws a beautiful football and steps up in big spots. But in the wrong system and with this OL? Trainwreck.

Actually, maybe we should have kept Gase and brought in Foles. Tank for Tua?

I believe Teddy Bridgewater can be a solid QB in the NFL he just needs to be given a chance and stay healthy.

True but I doubt he stays healthy behind our line. I would give Falk a chance in 2019. **** it, worst that happens is we end with a top 5 pick in 2020 and draft a QB

I have no interest in Nick Foles. He's at best a decent QB with no potential to become elite. Nick Foles maybe gets you 8-9 wins. And thats only if you can replicate the system that made him.

2-3 wins > 8-9 wins. We need a franchise QB. Not getting one in FA. Likely not getting one in this draft. So let's do whatever puts us in position come 2020.

Bridgewater, on the other hand, at least has a lot of potential.

Roll with Fales and Falk. Draft a qb in the middle rounds like Stick or Ta’amu. See what happens. I don’t want them signing some other teams qb.

I agree with the premise of this thread. But if it's true the Eagles had a 1st round offer for Foles in hand last year (which I don't think it is) then that shows he's going to be a highly paid man when he escapes this off season. So this is going to cost you.

Everyone has been assuming that about Bridgewater and I don't buy that at all.

If you're gonna pay that kind of money you had better get something out of it.

For those who want a QB to help push the Dolphins to another 6-7 wins you may be disappointed. Though he wisely didn’t say it, Ross alluded to sacrificing wins short term for the good of the long term. Can’t see them spending too much at the QB spot especially when they have 13 mil dead money tied up in Tannehill. I suspect the FA money and draft will focus on both lines.

no stop gap qbs, dont care who it is, ill say no to all of them...

its time to go after a franchise guy and we dont need tannehill, foles, bridgewater etc to lead us to 6 or 7 wins for no reason...throw falk or a late round rookie to the wolves and let it play out

Keenum got 2 years 36 mil. I would think Bridgewater would get about the same. Statistically he has never had a year like Tannehill. His knee injury was significantly worse than Tanne's And if you count the money already committed to Tannehill, he is more expensive. By cutting Tannehill we lose 13 mil plus the 18 mil of signing Bridgewater for a total of 31 mil as opposed to the 26 mil Tannehill counts against the cap if we keep him. Tannehill is a cheaper bridge. Next year Tannehills dead cap number falls from 13 to 5.5 mil. financially Tannehill makes more sense unless you can get Bridgewater down to about 10 mil and then you may get a worse QB. Teddy was a check down master just like Tannehill only less accurate and a worse knee.

no stop gap qbs, dont care who it is, ill say no to all of them...

its time to go after a franchise guy and we dont need tannehill, foles, bridgewater etc to lead us to 6 or 7 wins for no reason...throw falk or a late round rookie to the wolves and let it play out
The only issue I have with this approach is losing tend to beget losing. You can't promote a winning culture in a losing environment.

I agree with the premise of this thread. But if it's true the Eagles had a 1st round offer for Foles in hand last year (which I don't think it is) then that shows he's going to be a highly paid man when he escapes this off season. So this is going to cost you.

Everyone has been assuming that about Bridgewater and I don't buy that at all.

If you're gonna pay that kind of money you had better get something out of it.

Agreed and I understand it rarely happens but I do think Bridgewater would play for less to be in Miami (Hometown Discounter) and sign the shorter term deal that appeals to the Dolphins. Foles is going to be $$$ and Ross has already stated that’s not how they plan to build this team.

i like it how someone leads a team to a super bowl win one year and comes in again the next year and rescues them again, AND is like 90 percent on third down but all that means nothing because he is a 'system qb' as opposed to roman gabriel and john hadl.

tanny is a system qb whos has terrible third down percentage in MANY systems to say nothing to being a stranger to a single wild card game.
the guy has 3 great years and one bad year so he sucks,tanny is 0-7 but hes developing.

Back
Top Bottom