Nick Saban at it again! Sixteen Alabama teams penalized | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban at it again! Sixteen Alabama teams penalized

oh ok...boy Hart sure is making a good chunk of change for that. I would love to pull Ozzie in as a AD...he still LOVES this school. I don't know if that is going to happen though.

Hey...I just noticed your location..Are you a student?
I graduated the Capstone in 87...yes I'm old.

Sure am....going into my senior year, fixing to graduate in May. Contemplating grad school. It's too much fun being a student here not to think about extending my stay! Roll Tide!

Yea I've been hearing about Ozzie as a potential candidate, I believe he would be great at the job, he has been great at everything he has done in his life. We'll see...what is your opinion on Mal, he seems to catch a lot of heat from fans, and while there has been some probelsm during his tenure, he has done too many great things for the athletics for me not to respect him.

Sure am....going into my senior year, fixing to graduate in May. Contemplating grad school. It's too much fun being a student here not to think about extending my stay! Roll Tide!

Yea I've been hearing about Ozzie as a potential candidate, I believe he would be great at the job, he has been great at everything he has done in his life. We'll see...what is your opinion on Mal, he seems to catch a lot of heat from fans, and while there has been some probelsm during his tenure, he has done too many great things for the athletics for me not to respect him.

I love Mal,...I think he is a good man and great at raising money.,but he
has been in over his head as a A.D. in todays environment.
Paul Bryant Jr. is the only reason Mal hasn't been fired over the years.
Mal's tenure,other than hiring Saban and the expansion to Bryant-Denny
Stadium,has been rather rough...(3) trips in front of the NCAA,the hiring/
failures of Dennis Francioine,my God,Mike Price..GOOD GRIEF..and the mishandling of Mike Shula...(This was mostly Shula's fault,but still on
Mal's watch) and Rich Rod turning us down.
I hate to say it but Mal needs to fall on the sword for Alabama.
It would look good to the NCAA as us cleaning up our act.
It's just time.
But hey,we'll be okay.....Roll Tide Roll.
Good luck at school.

we will be just fine

large_Julio20UGA20AP20ALcom-1.jpg

You'll never be fine when you have all your trust in garbage! Nick Sban sucks BALLS!!! Must be tough being a Tide fan as well as a Dolphin fan, I hope! I have 0% respect for the douchebag!

You'll never be fine when you have all your trust in garbage! Nick Sban sucks BALLS!!! Must be tough being a Tide fan as well as a Dolphin fan, I hope! I have 0% respect for the douchebag!

LOL ...classic jilted girlfriend syndrome....grow a pair and learn why Nick
left.
We had a idiot for a owner....Search out the facts or follow the local
masses like a sheep.
It won't change the facts.

He left cause he can't coach in the NFL...fact
He left LSU for greener pastures, left Miami cause he could not win here...fact
Will leave you soon enough and he'll be at the top of your hate list...fact
No it won't change the facts, he's a bum!
"grow a pair"..mmm good one, dale!

This is a old post of mine.
What Wayne did to Miami compared to Saban.

Hmmm...
Wayne H. runs off Don Shula.
Wayne H.hires the real Satan (Pork Chop Face J.J.)..no matter how
you feel about Nick,he will never be the prick Jimmy Johnson was.
JJ's hire was done behind Don 's back.
Wayne H allows J.J to bring in Dave Wann. (Brilliant!!!)
Wayne H allows Dave to run off Marino,because his coaching legacy in
Chicago is still revered to this day.
Wayne keeps Dave around how years to long? because Dave was such
a great coach and GM.
Finally a ray of hope...Nick Saban is hired.
Nick is supposed to have total control of football operations.
This really isn't the true case since people around Wayne advised him to
"Help" Saban out after giving to much control to Wanny.
Wayne steered certain high profile coaches to be hired for their
experiance.
With Saban's ego,do you think he wanted a Harris or Dom Capers there,
or Muschamp who had been with him for years.
Muschamp wasn't allowed to be DC because of no NFL experiance.
Then Wayne cuts Nick's legs out from under him on the Drew Brees deal.
Alabama contacts Jimmy Sexton who now knows Saban wants out of Miami and into a high profile college job.
Sexton knows Wayne is guilty of breach of contract,so all systems are go.
The deal is done,just wait for the season to be over.
It's leaked to the media...the darlings everybody loves.
So instead of saying he is bailing out before the year is over and
really screwing Miami's year up,Nick lies to the media....poor media...
they're such just people.
Could Nick have handled it better? You Bet'cha.
I guess as Nick was heading out the door he told Wayne to hire Cam. C.
Cam was Nick's fault also,according to you guys.
Saban was here for TWO years.
How long has Wayne been screwing Miami.
If Parcells didn't live in Florida,Wayne would still be screwing us
Look what he did with the Marlins...Look at his track record.
He hasn't been as hands off as you want to believe.
After all this Saban is the scumbag ,but Wayne loves the Dolphins.
Get real.....

Other than the press conferance that he said he would not be Alabama's
coach(What was he supposed to say,DURING the season?)what in Nick's
career has he done to suggest that he is garabage.

He has not left yet, and has done a hell of a job here, anyone with half a mind can see that he is at least here for a couple more years. I am sure that this will be his last coaching job. Where else would he go? If he left tomorrow Bama is in much better shape than when he first arrived. We could debate all day as to why he left Miami but that fact is we are going into our third season since he left and Miami is looking good so why so bitter?

I hate to burts some peoples bubble but it wasnt Shula's falt he has been gone for quite some time Saban isnt a saint but i do like Alabama and i think the ncaa needs to focus on the real cheaters hint Usc

I hate to burts some peoples bubble but it wasnt Shula's falt he has been gone for quite some time Saban isnt a saint but i do like Alabama and i think the ncaa needs to focus on the real cheaters hint Usc

PLEASE....PLEASE ...Explain how it wasn't Shula's fault.He was the coach
at the time of the infractions. Please burst my bubble on the goings on at Bama.

These "real" cheaters you speak of are every major NCAA program in the land. Every single one. It's not only USC; although I'm conviced that USC cheats a great deal less than everyone else. Yeah, they get all the top recruits in the country, etc. But how hard is it to sell some 18 year-old kid on the weather in Southern California, private school with great education, Los Angeles, beaches, winning football tradition, and pretty bombshell blondes in bikinis? It ain't hard. You don't have to throw cash at a kid to get him into USC.

You're offered a job in Los Angeles or Blacksburg, Virginia. Basically the same job only there's greater potential for higher earnings in your prime years in Los Angeles. I know where I'm going and the company in Blacksburg is going to have to offer me a great deal more in the perks department to get me to take a job in that location and deal with their farm chicks and ****ty winters.

These "real" cheaters you speak of are every major NCAA program in the land. Every single one. It's not only USC; although I'm conviced that USC cheats a great deal less than everyone else. Yeah, they get all the top recruits in the country, etc. But how hard is it to sell some 18 year-old kid on the weather in Southern California, private school with great education, Los Angeles, beaches, winning football tradition, and pretty bombshell blondes in bikinis? It ain't hard. You don't have to throw cash at a kid to get him into USC.

You're offered a job in Los Angeles or Blacksburg, Virginia. Basically the same job only there's greater potential for higher earnings in your prime years in Los Angeles. I know where I'm going and the company in Blacksburg is going to have to offer me a great deal more in the perks department to get me to take a job in that location and deal with their farm chicks and ****ty winters.

I wish other posters were as open-minded and able to see the big picture
as you are.
The sad thing about college programs is that it's usally...some dumb***
booster or super-rich alumni that the university really can't control
sometimes that gets the program in trouble..or a sleazy agent.
That's what bothers me about USC..They have a open door policy
towards agents and such.
For christs sake they allow them at practices.
That's a major problem waiting to happen.

I wish other posters were as open-minded and able to see the big picture
as you are.
The sad thing about college programs is that it's usally...some dumb***
booster or super-rich alumni that the university really can't control
sometimes that gets the program in trouble..or a sleazy agent.
That's what bothers me about USC..They have a open door policy
towards agents and such.
For christs sake they allow them at practices.
That's a major problem waiting to happen.

At Miami, Randy is usually pretty hard-nosed about boosters, etc., getting into practices. He doesn't allow media to watch practices or anything. The South Florida media gets their information about the Hurricanes the same way I get my information about practice: They know someone on the inside willing to chat a little bit—but not too much—about practice.

Cheating in college football WILL happen at every program because there's just no way to really prevent it. You and I both know it. You're inside the Alabama program to an extent; I'm inside the Miami program to an extent. We've both seen and heard the things that go on. God knows I've heard the stories of Luther Campbell in the Miami locker room minutes before kickoff holding up a fist full of cash for any player(s) ready to lay some vicious hits on the opposition.

Coaches are concerned with coaching. They discuss a few things here and there with alumni and boosters but they can't follow these guys around and listen in on every conversation when a booster might pull some 18 year-old kid aside and show him some things he's never seen before; especially in Miami where we have a large number of inner city minority kids who are heavily recruited out of high school.

My open-mindedness stems from my appreciation of success. In the world of college football, it would be hard for me to argue against Nick Saban as the best in the business. I don't feel a bit differently about Nick Saban today than I did when he coached LSU to the title in 2003 against Oklahoma. Yeah, I don't like how he said he wasn't going to coach Alabama but I understand why he did. This is a business and Nick Saban is no different than the person I am. He has a job, he has a family, he has bills to pay, he has to do what he can to be happy in life and do what's best for his family. If he isn't happy coaching in the NFL, why would I want Nick to stay in Miami? It's baffling for me when I listen to how some continue to kill the man for making a decision based on his best interest. Same thing goes for Packer fan hating on Brett Favre. Vince Lombardi left Green Bay to coach washington! Get over it!

Yup...most of this does not even involve the football team...but as soon as Saban found out he suspended the players, part of the reason for the late season collapse in Saban's first season here.

Yeah, as soon as Bobby Bowden found out about the players that cheated on the on-line tese he suspended them also, but they are still going to take 14 wins away from him. If I didn't know any better I would swear there has got to be a Penn State fan on the NCAA board that made that decision.

I'm a Canes fan and I dont like Bama but man I think Julio Jones is a bad ***...I would watch Bama games last year just to see that kid play

Back
Top Bottom