Nick Saban met with... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban met with...

n_daubenmire

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

Two days ago, Nick Saban was in Columbus meeting with Bobby Carpenter. Man, would that be awesome! Santanio Holmes in the 1st round and B.C. in the 2nd. Carpenter is a great kid. He's from my hometown, went to my college and would be great with the Fins. We could only hope. It just may be a complete Buckeye draft...

Crap, that's right...

And no way is Chad Jackson better than Holmes. Looking at Holmes' skills and quality. He's the best WR in draft hands down.

love Carpenter, but I just don't see us drafting him that early in the 1st with our #16 overall pick and we have no 2nd round pick....now maybe if we're able to trade down, pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and then grab Carpenter late in the first...that would be great...:D

n_daubenmire said:
Crap, that's right...

And no way is Chad Jackson better than Holmes. Looking at Holmes' skills and quality. He's the best WR in draft hands down.

I'm a little concerned about holmes' size.

He's never been that big of a WR. And if you read the article, it said that he was recovering from the flu. He's got TONS of talent and he's the next Buckeye WR to do well in the NFL.

Aquanator B1000 said:
I'm a little concerned about holmes' size.

He's measured at 5'10" and weighed in at 179 at his pro day, 9 less than he was at the combine. But he ran his 40's in the mid 4.3s.

Having seen Chad Jacksons hands they are like glue

I think Holmes had a better college career but Jackson is gonna be an amazing WR

WelcomeBack said:
He's measured at 5'10" and weighed in at 179 at his pro day, 9 less than he was at the combine. But he ran his 40's in the mid 4.3s.

Chad is about 4 inches taller with the same speed.

Roman529 said:
Chad is about 4 inches taller with the same speed.

Chad is about three inches taller and has about 15-20lbs on Holmes, however Holmes has better moves is a better split end(which the Fins are looking for to pair with Chambers).

n_daubenmire said:
He's never been that big of a WR. And if you read the article, it said that he was recovering from the flu. He's got TONS of talent and he's the next Buckeye WR to do well in the NFL.

Who was the last one?

Motion said:
Who was the last one?
Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, Cris Carter, and Paul Warfield were from Ohio State. It's a pretty thin list though.

Holmes is a far superior blocker, which is vital in our system. Jackson has become a 1st rounder not off his year last year, which you could argue was a product of the system - just 10 yards a catch - but off his Combine. Holmes has been more consistent over longer.

Back
Top Bottom