Nick Saban on 790 The Ticket | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban on 790 The Ticket

Nick Saban basically admitted that he ****ed up the QB situation, it wasn't fun to have a ****ed up QB situation, and that he quit because he ****ed up the QB situation and he wasn't having fun losing.

Yep.

I did. Not that he left, but the way he did. At least go out with dignity and pride. Don't lie to the face of the fanbase, then leave the organization high and dry. That's cowardly bull****. That said, if he had the balls to stick it out and hire a good GM, he would have had this team competing with the Patriots on a yearly basis. I think his ego was too big to have anyone else share the spotlight with him, though...
Well the way he did it was scummy, obviously, but to me he wasn't even taking the team in the right direction. Like you said, the ego thing wasn't going to fly in the NFL.

Well the way he did it was scummy, obviously, but to me he wasn't even taking the team in the right direction. Like you said, the ego thing wasn't going to fly in the NFL.

Actually...It was the best direction seen around here in a decade...Plus if Wayne H hadn't screwed him and us
on the Drew Brees deal,well,you never know.

Actually...It was the best direction seen around here in a decade...Plus if Wayne H hadn't screwed him and us
on the Drew Brees deal,well,you never know.
On the air Saban actually revealed that we agreed to terms with Brees and he just failed our physical. First time anyone has actually heard that before.

On the air Saban actually revealed that we agreed to terms with Brees and he just failed our physical. First time anyone has actually heard that before.

No..that was common knowledge...Miami media might have overlooked that,but everyone knew
Drew failed the physical,our great medical staff would not ok it,so Wayne said no on the contract because without the doctors ok,insurance would not pay if things went bad.

No..that was common knowledge...Miami media might have overlooked that,but everyone knew
Drew failed the physical,our great medical staff would not ok it,so Wayne said no on the contract because without the doctors ok,insurance would not pay if things went bad.
From what I understood, we were going to offer him but then he failed a physical and not the other way around. Could be mistaken though.

From what I understood, we were going to offer him but then he failed a physical and not the other way around. Could be mistaken though.

Wayne vetoed the deal without any doctors signing off because of insurance.
That's Wayne's screw-up,my problem with Nick was a 2nd for CPep....really??
I wouldn't have traded a fourth for a healthy CPep...
Once the Brees deal fell though,I would have just gone with the fifth for Harrington...
That's basically what we went with in the end anyway.

Wayne vetoed the deal without any doctors signing off because of insurance.
That's Wayne's screw-up,my problem with Nick was a 2nd for CPep....really??
I wouldn't have traded a fourth for a healthy CPep...
Once the Brees deal fell though,I would have just gone with the fifth for Harrington...
That's basically what we went with in the end anyway.
My problem with him was him tipping off Belichek about Welker after he left.

Hated the way the whole Saban thing went but we really dont know what went on behind closed doors. I mean look how our owner and GM went behind Sparano's back to try to hire a coach while he was still in the job, not very classy either. Hell our old owner basically ran Shula out of town with no class at all along with letting Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wanny basicallly force marino to retire

Hated the way the whole Saban thing went but we really dont know what went on behind closed doors. I mean look how our owner and GM went behind Sparano's back to try to hire a coach while he was still in the job, not very classy either. Hell our old owner basically ran Shula out of town with no class at all along with letting Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wanny basicallly force marino to retire

Finally,a man with some perspective on the Dolphins.It took a lot of people making mistakes over the last decade and a half to get us to where we are at now.

Let me ask you a question, because I think it is obvious to everyone in this thread that yourself and a few others that are backing Saban are Alabama sheep.

Let's pretend that it is January 8th and Saban is giving a day after press conference following the victory/loss to Notre Dame. He is asked if the rumors are true that he is looking at becoming the Browns head coach, he strongly denies it and reiterates his commitment to Alabama. Now on January 9th or 10th Saban gives another press conference, however this one just happens to be in Cleveland, Ohio as he is being introduced as the Browns new head coach. Would the blind Bama sheep just smile and wish him well, or would there be some anger or "butt hurt" as you put it? How would you react after two or three likely failed years with the Browns he returns to the SEC, this time as the Auburn Tigers head coach. How does that sound?

Nick Saban taught Bill Clinton how to publicly speak.

Let me ask you a question, because I think it is obvious to everyone in this thread that yourself and a few others that are backing Saban are Alabama Alum..

Let's pretend that it is January 8th and Saban is giving a day after press conference following the victory/loss to Notre Dame. He is asked if the rumors are true that he is looking at becoming the Browns head coach, he strongly denies it and reiterates his commitment to Alabama. Now on January 9th or 10th Saban gives another press conference, however this one just happens to be in Cleveland, Ohio as he is being introduced as the Browns new head coach. Would the blind Bama sheep just smile and wish him well, or would there be some anger or "butt hurt" as you put it? How would you react after two or three likely failed years with the Browns he returns to the SEC, this time as the Auburn Tigers head coach. How does that sound?

(1) Auburn is a bad example....It's not a step up,like Alabama was a step up over Miami.
(We can fill up a large stadium.)
(2) 3 Possible titles in 6 years...after what we went though with that idiot Shula...Saban has done his job...What more could you ask for?
(3) Like LSU before us,,After Nick left,Les Miles,using the same procees kept LSU in the National picture...Kirby Smart will do the same.
(4) Nick is only going to coach for about five more years...he is 61 now....rebuiding a pro team and then coming back to college..well....there isn't enough time.
(5) I would say "Thanks Nick...Great Job!"
(6)Everybody on this board knows I went to Bama,so the word sheep doesn't fit.
That only goes for people following a failed idea six years later.
(7)Shut your dirty whore mouth when you speak of the Capstone.
(8)Bama going for it's 3rd title in 6 years...Miami has missed the playoffs for the 10th
time in eleven years...and you guys still talk about Saban....So who's the Wolf and who is
the sheep?...you silly sweater.

Back
Top Bottom