Nine Quarterbacks Likely Available To Nfl Teams In 2019, And The Teams That Need Them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nine Quarterbacks Likely Available To Nfl Teams In 2019, And The Teams That Need Them

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

There is no way I would draft him in the 1st rd. Maybe the 2nd, but even then I would be hard pressed to justify the pick.

Drew Lock

As a junior in 2017, the Missouri star threw a Southeastern Conference record 44 TD passes. Lock will probably be hard pressed to vault Murray or Haskins but still seems likely to be a first rounder — even if vaunted Mizzou passers (Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert, Brad Smith) have made little headway at the NFL level.

Fine fit — Dolphins: If Murray opts for football, Miami is probably in a decent position to find a potential replacement for Ryan Tannehill with the 13th pick. And maybe Tannehill is retained as a bridge — think Alex Smith — to alleviate pressure on the next guy who has to walk in Dan Marino's footsteps.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lable-nfl-draft-2019-kyler-murray/2514315002/

A lot of NFL experts are pointing this franchise toward Lock.

A lot of internet agenda shills are pointing us to haskins or murray.

I'll go with the experts on this one.

A lot of NFL experts are pointing this franchise toward Lock.

A lot of internet agenda shills are pointing us to haskins or murray.

I'll go with the experts on this one.
Those guys you consider “NFL experts” have the same info as the “Internet agenda shills” . So what does that tell you?

It means you only want to believe what you want to believe and if they align with your way of thinking, they’re automatically right.

Not too excited about this year's crop of QBs other than Murray. For Miami to secure him I think they would have to trade up with the Cards to secure the #1 pick. That's not happening without giving up a couple of 1st plus one or more 2nd, 3rds etc...Miami has too many needs to do that. And if the Jags, Giants and even the Broncos are trying to move up the Cards are much more likely to take their offers.

Lock completing 56.9% of passes in college not a good sign for success in the pros.

Not too excited about this year's crop of QBs other than Murray. For Miami to secure him I think they would have to trade up with the Cards to secure the #1 pick. That's not happening without giving up a couple of 1st plus one or more 2nd, 3rds etc...Miami has too many needs to do that. And if the Jags, Giants and even the Broncos are trying to move up the Cards are much more likely to take their offers.

Lock completing 56.9% of passes in college not a good sign for success in the pros.

I would make that trade in a heart beat if I believe Murray could solve our QB woes.
A franchise QB is worth damning the rest of the draft, imo!

I would make that trade in a heart beat if I believe Murray could solve our QB woes.
A franchise QB is worth damning the rest of the draft, imo!

I agree. If you are absolutely sold on a QB then you do whatever it takes to get him. We haven't had a franchise QB in over two decades. It's time. At all costs.

I agree. If you are absolutely sold on a QB then you do whatever it takes to get him. We haven't had a franchise QB in over two decades. It's time. At all costs.

Nothing elevates your team faster than landing a Franchise QB. You get that right and all of a sudden you don't need to be perfect everywhere else.

When you don't get that type of QB see Tannehill. It seems like everything has to be perfect around them in order to have a shot. Let's not play that game anymore, shall we!

Nothing elevates your team faster than landing a Franchise QB. You get that right and all of a sudden you don't need to be perfect everywhere else.

When you don't get that type of QB see Tannehill. It seems like everything has to be perfect around them in order to have a shot. Let's not play that game anymore, shall we!

Yeah, Tannehill is weird that way. He needs a competent offensive line to be great. When he didnt have it, he was average.

There is no way anyone can be completely sold on any QB coming out, with the NFL bust rate so high. Especially with most draft analysts grading out Murray as a 2-3rd rounder, there is no way we should be giving up assets to move up and get him. Rodgers is one of the best QB's of all time, and they couldn't even make the playoffs. Nor could the Steelers w Big Ben. Having a team around you still matters. Drafting Murray and having no picks left to improve your team is not going to get you far (with our current roster).

A quote from Walter Football that has Miami picking Murray with pick thirteen in their early 2019 mock:

“I then thought about it. Who could take Murray in the first round? Well, there's no dumber owner of a bad team in the NFL than Stephen Ross. I'm sure he's smart in real life, but when it comes to managing his football team, Ross has made countless blunders. Ross also loves hype. He constantly invites celebrities no one cares about to games to try to draw a crowd. This would be another instance of Ross trying to draw attention to the Dolphins. He may demand for his next regime to draft Murray because he thinks a 5-foot-9, 190-pound quarterback, who thrived in a conference where zero defense is played, won't get half of his passes batted at the line of scrimmage somehow.”

They see this pick as a reach, to say the least. And Miami dumb enough to do it.

A quote from Walter Football that has Miami picking Murray with pick thirteen in their early 2019 mock:

“I then thought about it. Who could take Murray in the first round? Well, there's no dumber owner of a bad team in the NFL than Stephen Ross. I'm sure he's smart in real life, but when it comes to managing his football team, Ross has made countless blunders. Ross also loves hype. He constantly invites celebrities no one cares about to games to try to draw a crowd. This would be another instance of Ross trying to draw attention to the Dolphins. He may demand for his next regime to draft Murray because he thinks a 5-foot-9, 190-pound quarterback, who thrived in a conference where zero defense is played, won't get half of his passes batted at the line of scrimmage somehow.”

They see this pick as a reach, to say the least. And Miami dumb enough to do it.

Good to see Ross is so "widely respected."

Back
Top Bottom