NJ Finfans | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NJ Finfans

i'm originally from nyack ny which is near the palisades mall, if your formilliar with the area. I moved to jersey in 7th grade. I live in Franklin....... not Franklin Lakes like a lot of you but i am formilliar with Franklin Lakes. I drive by the exit all the time. lol

I became a phin fan because of my dad.... well pretty much my whole family on my dads side. I grew up routing for the fins and it just stuck. I guess its just a family thing.

It's great living around this area because of the division rivals. Theres always a new york team on tv.

Egg Harbor Township, NJ Atlantic County here :wink:

Hasn't South Jersey succeeded from North Jersey yet? :roflmao:

I'm from Lakewood - Ocean County.

Grew up in South Belmar (Monmouth County).

I've been meaning to post about this.......and now seems like the perfect time being that all NJ finfans are sounding off........

Have any of you heard of Bar Anticipation (Bar A) in Belmar?? It's the most popular bar at the Jersey Shore....anyway, their football Sunday's are pretty banging. they have two different bars set off, one for Steeler fans and one for Raider fans (main bar area is Jets/Giants)....they draw a huge crowd.....I think it's actuallly the headquarters for some NJ Raiders fan club.....anyway.

Talking to the manager last year he said that they have one more bar that could be set aside specifically for Dolphin fans if we had abot 10-12 people every week. I only really know of myself and 2-3 other guys who are finfans around here.....but if any of you are close (I saw a couple people from Brick and Toms River in this thread) we could get this thing hooked up. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Ex-NJ resident

Hello All,

Newly registered member who is actually living in Chicago but began my
worship of the fins in NJ about 30yrs ago.

Just to throw this out I believe the that Saban is going to stay the course
and draft Ronnie Brown even if Ricky does return because I believe Gus or
AJ can steer the ship with a good running game. The same issue rears it's ugly heads though,Do we as fans want another Fiedler(Manage the game) or do
want a playmaker to get us to the next level. Is AJ that man??? He did show
some signs of brilliance last year but he is still green etc... no matter I believe we running back this year and we go 8-8 and then concentrate on QB next year. THoughts???:cooldude:

Belmar?? Neptune City??

To Burger ,I practically lived at B.A. in my youth. I grew up in Neptune City(worked at Kelly's Tavern,Fuds Pub) and played hard at B.A.,The Headliner,and the Tides when it was open. Moved to Blmar in my early 20's and lived 5 blocks from the beach on 10th Ave near the Tropical Pub.

Essex County; Bloomfield NJ here

I was born and raised in North Miami; family moved to Southern NJ when I was 10, and I felt like the only Dolphins fan in the state then (took quite a verbal beating after the '82 and '84 Super Bowls). I moved north 5 years ago because I was working in Manhattan. Nice to know that there are so many Fin Fans in the area.

Nice to know about the Draft Day thing in East Hanover; I might just be showing up for that with the wife. :)

burger13 said:
I'm from Lakewood - Ocean County.

Grew up in South Belmar (Monmouth County).

Have any of you heard of Bar Anticipation (Bar A) in Belmar?? It's the most popular bar at the Jersey Shore....anyway, their football Sunday's are pretty banging. they have two different bars set off, one for Steeler fans and one for Raider fans (main bar area is Jets/Giants)....they draw a huge crowd.....I think it's actuallly the headquarters for some NJ Raiders fan club.....anyway.

Woo boy, have I heard of Bar A. Rowan University reunion there every summer for awhile.

Boy, those were some fun weekends.

The Goat said:
Woo boy, have I heard of Bar A. Rowan University reunion there every summer for awhile.

Boy, those were some fun weekends.

Heck, I remember when it was Glassboro!

Hammer said:
To Burger ,I practically lived at B.A. in my youth. I grew up in Neptune City(worked at Kelly's Tavern,Fuds Pub) and played hard at B.A.,The Headliner,and the Tides when it was open. Moved to Blmar in my early 20's and lived 5 blocks from the beach on 10th Ave near the Tropical Pub.

Cool......Fud's Pub and Tides are gone now...but Headliner, BA, and Kelley's are still going strong.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Heck, I remember when it was Glassboro!

I'm get my MBA from there this May and it used to actually be "Glassboro State."

Did you know their engineering program is now ranked 12th in the country and chemical engineering is 3rd!!! (undergrad level).

Grew up in Long Branch and Ocean Township near Asbury Park as a kid. After graduating High School, played some Minor Pro Football with the New Jersey Bears out of South Amboy for two years. They played thier home games at Montclair State.

InMyChambers said:
I'm get my MBA from there this May and it used to actually be "Glassboro State."

Did you know their engineering program is now ranked 12th in the country and chemical engineering is 3rd!!! (undergrad level).

Wow, I didn't. My brother went there in the late 80's (The Glassboro days) for teaching. He now is the Head Asst Swim coach at UNC!

Back
Top Bottom