NO 1 year deal for Ty Law.... Curtis Conway to the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NO 1 year deal for Ty Law.... Curtis Conway to the Dolphins?

godfater21

Second String
Reaction score
Law, 31, visited the Dolphins on Wednesday but wants a contract that pays him in the ballpark of the NFL's better cornerbacks, and he is not thinking about signing a one-year deal.

Miami also might add Az-Zahir Hakim, Curtis Conway or a receiver who might be released after June 1 for salary cap reasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-lawisnotexpectingpaycut&prov=knight&type=lgns

I would like to give Ty Law a 5yr deal like what we gave Kevin Carter.

Atila

Atila - the freshmaker.
Club Member
Reaction score
curtis conway would be nice

didnt he drop the game winner in the playoffs this past season?

jlfin

old pro
Reaction score
While I think that Law could help the Dolphins, I don't think the deal is going to happen. The Postons don't seem to realize that he is 31 and coming off a bad injury. Yet, they talk like none of that matters. He's a good corner, but not the player he was even 2-3 years ago.

No thanks to Conway. Would rather have Boston

first&goal

Starter
Reaction score
godfater21 said:
Law, 31, visited the Dolphins on Wednesday but wants a contract that pays him in the ballpark of the NFL's better cornerbacks, and he is not thinking about signing a one-year deal.

Miami also might add Az-Zahir Hakim, Curtis Conway or a receiver who might be released after June 1 for salary cap reasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-lawisnotexpectingpaycut&prov=knight&type=lgns

I would like to give Ty Law a 5yr deal like what we gave Kevin Carter.
Law wants to much $ And I take Boston over Conway.

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up with Fire!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Atila said:

I would have to disagree with you on Conway. I watched him when he was out here in San Diego, and I was not impressed at all.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
At the end we wont be able to afford law the money he wants. As for Boston and Conway, Boston has a better chance to land here then Conway does.

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
first&goal said:
Law wants to much $ And I take Boston over Conway.

I generally agree, but don't take the Law's agents at face value. They are just trying to set a market price.

The truth is that Law nor his agents have much control over the market. They'll get what a team will pay. The real question is Detriot. Are the Lions going to pay big money. If not, then Law is a real possibility.

Bottom line, it is really up to the Lions, not the agent (Postons) or Law.

As for the receiver issue, I kind of like Boston, but I can't really back that up as he has been a turd.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Hummer23 said:
Whatever happened to Charles Lee?

I know that before the draft we was interested in Lee, but i havent heard anything since then.

albyfinfan

go fins
Reaction score
conway is getting old and hakim is only 27 or 28 i think.
id mtake hakim over comway, and lets forget about Law he wants to much $$ and a long term deal, sooo no

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
No to all Coway and Law.

Az Hakim ...maybe

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Atila said:

Hes on the 49ers i dont know how he can drop a game winner when they won only 2 games...they didnt make the playoffs

Nappy Roots

Da Dalphins
Club Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want Hakim? hes extremely injury prone, he cant run routes, and he cant catch the ball.

Top Bottom