no 1st rd for wally? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

no 1st rd for wally?

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
how can you take a post seriously when the person labels taylor as overrated... the guy is amazing, im the only fin fan in my group of football watchers that i hang out with every weekend and they all drool over JT and wish they had him... none of their DEs can run that fast and play the run/pass/screen pass and even cover when called upon, he offers so many options for us and does an absolutely amazing job, im not sure you could find 5 people involved in the national football league in any capacity that would say JT is overrated (outside of our AFC east counterparts, and that may be a stretch also)
'
That's why I didn't even make my case for JT. His post alone shows his ignorance.

Take O-Gun over JT..... Thanx i needed a good laugh. :lol:

Well if we put a tneder on Ogun and no one bites we get him for cheap this year and then he's basically gone next year right? I would rather get a first this year and save some money on the defensive side of the ball to put towards the offense then have him play just one more year with us.

JT was doubled team the whole, and what he gets 13.5 sacks.. which is in the top 5 this year and you have the nerves to call him overrated.. please start watching some football, you might be one of the patsies or buffalo fans or even one from the New York Fets fan..

For all you guys with a blind love of Jason Taylor don't call me ignorant because I chose to dislike your idol. And my dislike for him has nothing to do with his whining and blaming us fans for having too high of expectations but in that he's an overrated DE.

All anybody talks about at DE is sacks. I ask you to go back and review film from every single game from this year and compare them to 2002 solely watching Jason Taylor. I do have them all on tape and I'm also a season ticket holder.

Watch how many times Taylor is single covered. Watch how many times Taylor in a frenzy runs upfield on non-passing downs only to have a running play go right through the contain he just broke, many times with Seau out of position getting jammed at the line.

Taylor is a decent player don't get me wrong but he is not near the best DE in the league and he's certainly not worth an $8M cap number. Give me Wally for about $3M and a rotation of D Bowens and Jay Williams for another $3M

And to the smart guy trying to talk about the cap, any player with a signing bonus who is cut counts as dead money. Also if you want to ask Clump anything about the Miami cap ask him where he got and cross-referenced all his numbers from. You just might find my name mentioned as his main source.

Our three biggest cap issues after we cut Fiedler Griese and the horrible OL and WR's are Sam 'Toast' Madison and Jason 'Overrun No Contain" Taylor. Scoff all you want but the cap numbers don't equal production.

Originally posted by Aqua
For all you guys with a blind love of Jason Taylor don't call me ignorant because I chose to dislike your idol. And my dislike for him has nothing to do with his whining and blaming us fans for having too high of expectations but in that he's an overrated DE.

All anybody talks about at DE is sacks. I ask you to go back and review film from every single game from this year and compare them to 2002 solely watching Jason Taylor. I do have them all on tape and I'm also a season ticket holder.

Watch how many times Taylor is single covered. Watch how many times Taylor in a frenzy runs upfield on non-passing downs only to have a running play go right through the contain he just broke, many times with Seau out of position getting jammed at the line.

Taylor is a decent player don't get me wrong but he is not near the best DE in the league and he's certainly not worth an $8M cap number. Give me Wally for about $3M and a rotation of D Bowens and Jay Williams for another $3M

And to the smart guy trying to talk about the cap, any player with a signing bonus who is cut counts as dead money. Also if you want to ask Clump anything about the Miami cap ask him where he got and cross-referenced all his numbers from. You just might find my name mentioned as his main source.

Our three biggest cap issues after we cut Fiedler Griese and the horrible OL and WR's are Sam 'Toast' Madison and Jason 'Overrun No Contain" Taylor. Scoff all you want but the cap numbers don't equal production.

sure, get rid of a team leader, the brother in law of our defenses leader, a well liked member of the team and community, and a damn good player.

Do you have any idea what they would do to the players faith in their jobs?

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Okay that's great...then we're in cap hell beause of another big money contract on defense. We need offense, and signing Ogun to a JT contract isn't going to allow us to do that. It's a harsh reality.

Madison will carry dead cap if cut (ask clump ;) )
JT is overrated? :confused: right...:rolleyes:

See, the use of "cap hell" by a Fins fan. :)

Psst....releasing Madison actually saves cap space in 2004 :foundout:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
The Pats on the other hand do have two first round picks...

if the pats did make a bid for O-gun...which one of their first rounders would we have if we did not match the offer??? I'm guessing their own 1st round pick which will be a late first round pick...they will try to screw us...just watch.

they have a pretty nice 1st round pick from the Saints I believe!!! i'd rather have that one for sure.

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen an answer.

The Pats would be required to give up their own original #1

clump...thanks and that's what i thought. it seems as though some people have misinterpreted my post...i never once stated that the Fins should give O-gun up to the Pats...all i'm trying to say is that a team with 2 first round picks will be more likely to bid for O-gun...that's all i was trying to state.

O-gun might not fit in the Pats system...but they do have 2 1st rounders and their 1st round pick...is almost a 2nd rounder...so they may try to screw us...that's all i was trying to say. They would be hurting us and helping themselves...even if they give him a big signing bonus...O-gun will be worth it...and they will still have a high 1st round pick from the saints.

Originally posted by T-Bone

Problem is that in order for us to get better offensively we need to have the money to spend on F/A's. We can't afford to spend it on the defense either.
Contracts need to be restructured, and dead wood needs to be sent a floating (O-Gun is not apart of the dead wood pile).

I disagree to some extent. if madison and some others would restructure for the good of the team, then signing Ogun would be awesome. I would only let Ogun go if a team outside our division wanted him and would give up a first and a 3rd. Make no bones about it, having Ogun is huge for us against pass happy teams in our division. I dont understand the rhetoric of just giving him away without any consideration of what you would be doing. You can get good OL 3rd round on if you look hard enough and draft well which is what the dolphins are going to do.
YOU DO NOT WNAT TO GIVE OGUN TO BUFFALO , JETS, OR NE. THAT WOULD BE SUCICIDE.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
clump...thanks and that's what i thought. it seems as though some people have misinterpreted my post...i never once stated that the Fins should give O-gun up to the Pats...all i'm trying to say is that a team with 2 first round picks will be more likely to bid for O-gun...that's all i was trying to state.

O-gun might not fit in the Pats system...but they do have 2 1st rounders and their 1st round pick...is almost a 2nd rounder...so they may try to screw us...that's all i was trying to say. They would be hurting us and helping themselves...even if they give him a big signing bonus...O-gun will be worth it...and they will still have a high 1st round pick from the saints.

Thats why you tag him so that the others in the league will compete for his services. Keep this in mind, New England isnt in the business of getting someone necessarily to screw someone in our division. they are looking to get someone that will make them better. I dont know if a switching 4-3 to a 3-4 is helpful to Ogun or NE when they do what they do with guys like Vrable, and Harrison and CB's. That is why i am so impressed with New England, they get nonames to play their scheme. They are dumping money off for nonames who can run there scheme anyways.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

See, the use of "cap hell" by a Fins fan. :)

Psst....releasing Madison actually saves cap space in 2004 :foundout:

I knew this but it also keeps money bound for years after on the cap as well. Moves are made for the future IMO. I would cut Madison only for two reasons:
1) you really need the money bad to land someone big on O
2) You have a replacement for madison (Tbuck is a FA)

The only team in our division that could conceivably go after Ogun is Buffalo.........and their pick is very high...............

So I doubt that Ogun goes to a team in our division.........

I would not however let Ogun go to any team in the AFC........unless that team goes nuts on their offer.........

Originally posted by Aqua

I disagree about Taylor competely. Now maybe he didnt have as good a year as last year, but he is worth the money IMO. He just signed a deal, he will go nowhere. The guy who will be looked to is Madison. I think you could replace him with someone who will get burned just as much for way less money. Korey Banks could be that guy.

Originally posted by stan marino
Well if we put a tneder on Ogun and no one bites we get him for cheap this year and then he's basically gone next year right? I would rather get a first this year and save some money on the defensive side of the ball to put towards the offense then have him play just one more year with us.

yeah, that is one way to look at it but Ogun doenst want that at all and Rosenhaus is a biatch. To save money IMO, isnt necessarily not to sign Ogun. If it takes cutting madison to sing Ogun i would pull the trigger as long as Oguns contract isnt like Madisons for alot of years. i would do a 5 year contract with bonus money done smart, whatever that would be.

Back
Top Bottom