No BS, what veterans will get cut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No BS, what veterans will get cut?

painnotpleasure said:
Travis Minor- I'm honestly quite surprised we re-signed him. I guess that that was to have another RB on the depth chart before the draft to lead people to believe maybe we wouldn't go with a RB, same with Sage Rosenfels and QB. I don't know... but I think with Ronnie Brown, possibly Ricky Williams, Lamar Gordon, and Kay Jay Harris.. no doubt that Travis Minor will be released.

Donald Lee- I think that there's a possiblity that Lee will be cut for the simple fact we picked up Alex Holmes. If Alex Holmes starts impressing, I think Lee will be gone. Though I wouldn't mind keeping him because I think he can still improve and work on his catching and holding onto the ball

I think Minor's probably safe. If we're keeping 4 RBs (and I think we will), it will likely be between Gordon and Harris for the last cut, because Minor can return kicks and (I think) play ST.

I hope Holmes (or Sesay) shows something in camp. I would not mind at all if we cut Donald "Holding, #85" Lee.

I think that Minor is really the only sure bet at this point, I just don't see what he can contribute to this team at his position that makes him better than the other options...

painnotpleasure said:
Travis Minor- I'm honestly quite surprised we re-signed him. I guess that that was to have another RB on the depth chart before the draft to lead people to believe maybe we wouldn't go with a RB, same with Sage Rosenfels and QB. I don't know... but I think with Ronnie Brown, possibly Ricky Williams, Lamar Gordon, and Kay Jay Harris.. no doubt that Travis Minor will be released.

David Bowens- Out of this list, David Bowens and Donald Lee are the ones I wouldn't mind... if we ended up keeping him but I think he might have to go because of his salary. I think it would be more benifical to have the money he's getting to put to use in acquiring R.W. McQuarters (if we decide to go into that direction) rather than keeping him around just for depth. DT is a major concern in our opinion and I'm content with Jason Taylor, Matt Roth, Vonnie Holiday, Kevin Carter, and Ronald Flemons who I hope we keep if we release David Bowens.

Donald Lee- I think that there's a possiblity that Lee will be cut for the simple fact we picked up Alex Holmes. If Alex Holmes starts impressing, I think Lee will be gone. Though I wouldn't mind keeping him because I think he can still improve and work on his catching and holding onto the ball

Taylor Whitley- I believe he was the "revolving door".
clear.gif

Oh yes, apparently he was. The guy is due to be making $380K this season and $460K next year... there's starving people in China who could benefit so much from that money. I want to feed the needy by releasing Whitley... I hope they show Whitley the door (no not the revolving one) and release him. Okay, that was a bit harsh... but I wanted him to be released already! :yell:

And I'm really hoping that we do not cut Derrius Thompson. I don't think it would be such a good move and I was been very happy if Thompson restructured his contract. I love our depth and I love our WR core and I think he would be a really 4th WR for us.

OMG! That rather interesting depiction of our o-line is hilarious!
:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom