No Cap Hell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Cap Hell?

:couch:

Where have you seen me say "cap hell"? I have NEVER used that term, all of you have.

Besides, that's as powder-puff of a story as you can get and inaccurate as well. The last 3 yrs, Miami has been approx. $15 million over, on average and next year will be about the same. With the injuries to players like Griese, Dixon, D. Bowens, Gadsden etc, you're not likely to have as high of a "NLTBE debit" as ya could have. Each game these players miss saves ya 2004 cap space because they are not earning the incentives.

"Dead cap" is higher than $6 million, it's nearly $10 million and I have the numbers to back that up.

The Dolphins haven't come close to going over the cap since. Their biggest drawback this year is having $6 million in "dead money" (salary-cap money taken up by players no longer on the roster), with most of that due to defensive tackle Daryl Gardener, who was cut in 2002.
<--------funny :rofl:

Have to agree w/ Clump that is a nice glossy piece, I doubt we are either that bad or good a against the cap. Like always we'll lose some, get some, re-sign some and not have to gut the team, but not be able to get a blockbuster deal done on a Terrell Owens type.

You've said we'd be in cap hell numberious times, Clump.

Ok, maybe it's "cap jail".

Either way..we are in neither ;).

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
:couch:
&quot;Dead cap&quot; is higher than $6 million, it's nearly $10 million and I have the numbers to back that up.

&lt;--------funny :rofl:

As for the Dead Money of $10M, please backup that that number. I have $8.248M. for 2003.

Daryl Gardener 6.032
Derrick Rogers 1.500
Ray Lucas 0.267
Dedric Ward 0.160
Twan Russell 0.060
Deon Dyer 0.065
Scott McGarrahan 0.067
Greg Jerman 0.002
Omare Lowe 0.035
Yeremiah Bell 0.014
Tim Provost 0.015
Undrafted Rookies .031
Total...............$8.248M

If you are talking about $10M of Dead Money for 2004, I would really like to see that as the Fins have been making a point of eating dead money in 2003 since they have so many players to sign for 2004.

I was referring to 2003 and I said "nearly $10 million" and it was off the top of my head. Remember so many cap charts ;) I have ya at a shade over $8.7 million dead cap in 2003 and less than $100,000 for 2004.

Originally posted by Merman

As for the Dead Money of $10M, please backup that that number. I have $8.248M. for 2003.

Daryl Gardener 6.032
Derrick Rogers 1.500
Ray Lucas 0.267
Dedric Ward 0.160
Twan Russell 0.060
Deon Dyer 0.065
Scott McGarrahan 0.067
Greg Jerman 0.002
Omare Lowe 0.035
Yeremiah Bell 0.014
Tim Provost 0.015
Undrafted Rookies .031
Total...............$8.248M

If you are talking about $10M of Dead Money for 2004, I would really like to see that as the Fins have been making a point of eating dead money in 2003 since they have so many players to sign for 2004.

Of all those we still pay Lucas? WTF.

He should give season ticket holders a refund.

:yell:

I think we'll be fine for 2004, we will restructure a contract or two, and Daryl Gardner's 6 mil will be off the cap. 6 mil could sign a nice player, or keep a player we thought we couldn't.

I'm not worry about next year. I just wanna win it all this year.

Ozzy rules!!

im not worried about the cap, i just wonder who we will lose. are we gonna stick with Todd Wade if he is not as good this year? are we going to let griese or fiedler go? who are we going to restructure? i think if madson plays like last year we should trade him for a 1st rounder or sumthin.

Back
Top Bottom