No Cap Hell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Cap Hell?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I was referring to 2003 and I said "nearly $10 million" and it was off the top of my head. Remember so many cap charts ;) I have ya at a shade over $8.7 million dead cap in 2003 and less than $100,000 for 2004.

Don't be so sensitive I was in a rush. :)
For 2003 we are still half a mill apart. If you have time check out where we differ. Then we can battle it out. :samurai:

As for 2004 I have $125K in dead money.

Greg Jerman 0.002
Omare Lowe 0.035
Yeremiah Bell 0.028
Tim Provost 0.029
Undrafted Rookies 0.031
Total...........................0.125260

Originally posted by FFiB

Of all those we still pay Lucas? WTF.

He should give season ticket holders a refund.

:yell:

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Ahh hell man, thats just plain funny.

I also have ya at about $1.5 million under 2003 cap. What's your number Merman? :)

I have us $1.882 million under the cap.That's without knowing the LTBE incentives, the injury settlements which are probaly two game checks and a few of the smaller signing bonuses which are usually not disclosed.

Some of you may know already that I was tired of us Dolphin fans not having decent cap numbers. So I started a salary cap chart for quick reference. If you don't know and are interested it's at:

Dolphins Salary Cap

Yup but for a team that was not supposed to be able to do any large deals signed Seau to a deal that places him as the 5th highest paid dolphin this season right after Zach, J.T., Madison and Surtain.

We also had all 22 starters under contract with several probowlers. We also have pretty solid depth in many positions (CB, Safety, DT/DE, QB) which is a LUXURY in the NFL.

We also haven't lost anyone that we really wanted to keep either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your definition of "large deal" is whacked ;) Seau's cap number for 2003 is not the 5th highest :shakeno:

Your definition of "large deal" is whacked ;) Seau's cap number for 2003 is not the 5th highest :shakeno:

Did I say cap figure? No I didn't. Just proves that deals can be done despite your predictions.

Hey thanks to clump we pretty much know where the FIns are with the cap I trust him better than the Miami Herald with the cap numbers

:couch:

Where have you seen me say "cap hell"? I have NEVER used that term, all of you have.

Besides, that's as powder-puff of a story as you can get and inaccurate as well. The last 3 yrs, Miami has been approx. $15 million over, on average and next year will be about the same. With the injuries to players like Griese, Dixon, D. Bowens, Gadsden etc, you're not likely to have as high of a "NLTBE debit" as ya could have. Each game these players miss saves ya 2004 cap space because they are not earning the incentives.

"Dead cap" is higher than $6 million, it's nearly $10 million and I have the numbers to back that up.

<--------funny :rofl:

They may have been able to if it didn't take so long to sign Zach Thomas to an extension. That's when enough cap space was freed up to add Seau, Griese, and Knight and for the draft choice amortization. There were a few FA OL that could have been helpful and allowed Dixon to shift inside to G. One or more of the above would likely be playing elsewhere.......Psst! It's called "cap jail"

The above quote is from another thread but Jail to me = hell...

Back
Top Bottom