No CBA means bye bye CAP foever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No CBA means bye bye CAP foever

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
No CBA means bye bye CAP forever

NLFPA Gene Upshaw said that if no CBA is agree upon that the players will never agree to a cap again. I heard this yesterday on ESPN Dan Patrick show.

PLEASE GET IT DONE. Or else get ready for a lopsided NFL.

Amars said:
NLFPA Gene Upshaw said that if no CBA is agree upon that the players will never agree to a cap again. I heard this yesterday on ESPN Dan Patrick show.

he can say that now............but if he tries sticking to that into 2008, he'll find the players in a lock-out, and they will wind up coming back with their tails between their legs and getting less than they would have originally - like player unions always do in those situations. Oh yeah, and he won't have his job by the end of it either.

Also in the future there will be no Draft according to John Clayton

That means guys out of college like Reggie Bush would just go the the highest bidder

Alex22 said:
Also in the future there will be no Draft according to John Clayton

That means guys out of college like Reggie Bush would just go the the highest bidder

:eek: That's nuts. Why would the NFl let all this happen? Agree to something already!!!!!!

theres still time but if we play 2007 uncapped than it will stay that way, hopefully they get a deal done before next season

SpurzN703 said:
:eek: That's nuts. Why would the NFl let all this happen? Agree to something already!!!!!!

Truthfully It didnt make much sense to me but I guess its like this

Under the cap if you wanna get better, then draft right

Without the cap if you wanna get better then dish out some money

thats Gene Upshaw being an A** and to be honest he is pissing me off because he is the one with all the mouth saying all of this stuff trying to dictate where the meetings will go and its just backfiring. if this dont get done i would sue him if i was the players

Clayton says lockout 08 definitely if there is no deal. COME ON PEOPLE!!

PhinSoldia said:
thats Gene Upshaw being an A** and to be honest he is pissing me off because he is the one with all the mouth saying all of this stuff trying to dictate where the meetings will go and its just backfiring. if this dont get done i would sue him if i was the players
exactly he is costing some good players their jobs because he won't take the deal already on the table which would up the cap limit between 100-105 million per team

PhinSoldia said:

He represents the players and his MOUTH spouts out thier Sentiments.:shakeno:

Peace...........................

SpurzN703 said:
Why would they let this happen? Because when Gene Upshaw was a player there was no salary cap.

Someone just needs to beat the crap out of the guy, then force him to accept 56.2% of the revenues. Gene Upshaw is a moron.

Am I the only one that wants a lockout. As much as I would hate to see it I would rather go without football for a year than see the NFL deteriorate into what has become of baseball

Amars said:

That's alot of BULL! He's saying this to try to intimidate and scare their way into what they want. It's B.S. THey'll HAVE to come to some agreement in the future. Even if it isn't this year. If not, the NFL WILL eventually meet a strike and they'll HAVE to work it out.

Back
Top Bottom