No Qb Then We Should Focus Ol | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Qb Then We Should Focus Ol

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The OL should be a focus in this draft if we are tanking for 2 reasons. 1st it takes linger to develop online men compared to defense. Second its important to protect a rookie QB while he is developing.

Lmao absolutely not. You get the Qb in house before anything. You can shop for the best guard and best right tackle in free agency in 2020 when u have 120 MM in cap.

Nope if you have followed the phins multiple seasons back to the 80s the online must be a focus in this draft regardless if a QB is taken. They take longer to develop and are the most important part of the team when developing a rookie QB. To bad this is a defensive draft imo.

This isn’t the 80’s. It’s 2019 and a passing league. You’ve got to have a good QB more than ever now. Did we not learn anything the last 7 years? If that position is a dud, everything is a dud.

I still don't get this idea of making the lines better so you are likely to win more in a year you are trying to tank. I have a hard time visualising how that will work, the only thing to me that make sense is getting that most important piece first but if they do not love anyone enough in this draft then start trading back and bringing in high ceiling gys that aren't always ready to play day one. As yessir mentions our cap windfall next year is a great time to start investing in quality vet linemen.

If we’re not able to land Murray then I agree, emphasis on the oline because next year we will be getting our young QB.

I still don't get this idea of making the lines better so you are likely to win more in a year you are trying to tank. I have a hard time visualising how that will work, the only thing to me that make sense is getting that most important piece first but if they do not love anyone enough in this draft then start trading back and bringing in high ceiling gys that aren't always ready to play day one. As yessir mentions our cap windfall next year is a great time to start investing in quality vet linemen.
Negative .you are trying to get the Oline to go through its bumps and bruises so when second year comes around you got your Stud QB developing .

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people out there who think every draft year is the same and there are just always a good crop of players in every draft at every position.

Nothing could be further from the truth, but there remains, it would seem, a majority of fans who want to just generalize everything, like it was a video game or something.

Wake the effin hail up!!

There aren't elite players at every position in every draft year.

This is one of the worst QB classes ever. If you need a backup QB, draft one in the mid rounds. Easton Stick might be one of the best #2 candidates ever. He fits a #2 role perfectly.

This year is top heavy in defensive lineman. A good year to draft a DL in the first or second round.

This year is devoid of OL talent in the first two rounds. A good year to be patient and draft OL in the 3rd-6th round.

This year is devoid of top tier CB talent period. Wait until next year, or at least until the later rounds on some of the small school developmental projects.

This year is loaded with slot receiver talent from top to bottom. Lucky you, if are in need at that position,Dolphins aren't.

This logic always escaped Jeff Ireland. He, and his head of college scouting,Chris Grier, always just threw up their hands in their stupidity and ignorance and went with whatever wind was blowing at the time.

Following the hype train to destruction.

I suspect Grier will again just follow the hype train in this year's draft because the guy doesn't have a clue. He was never even a half azzed good scout and now for some inexplicable reason he has been given Carte Blanche by the clown of the NFL, Stephen Ross.

Agree with your point, I would pretty much take the highest ranked player on either the OL or DL with my first 3-4 picks in this draft. I am still holding out hope that they will actually sign an above avg G that was cut in the next week or so, even if he is expensive. We need to have 2/5 holes plugged on this line before the draft bc we just have too many holes to fill. Then draft your future RT/RG, and probably a new C in 2020.

Just like the draft doesn't have elite players at every position each season, the same can be said about free agency. I mean, we literally just watched James become the highest paid right tackle in the league which was completely undeserved. You confident about ignoring this draft and waiting until next year's free agency crop to find your RT, the guy who is going to protect Tua's blindside, and end up with a Ju'Wuan James? I'm not. Take it where you can get it.

That being said, this draft looks to be real deep in DTs, so if there's still an elite DT sitting there at 13, that's gotta be the pick.

if we are tanking why did we cut Larsen? Tunsil, Larsen, Swanson, Asiata, Davis seems like a good OL to tank with. Tunsil is elite, Larsen ok, Swanson good, Asiata ok, Davis ok.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people out there who think every draft year is the same and there are just always a good crop of players in every draft at every position.

Nothing could be further from the truth, but there remains, it would seem, a majority of fans who want to just generalize everything, like it was a video game or something.

Wake the effin hail up!!

There aren't elite players at every position in every draft year.

This is one of the worst QB classes ever. If you need a backup QB, draft one in the mid rounds. Easton Stick might be one of the best #2 candidates ever. He fits a #2 role perfectly.

This year is top heavy in defensive lineman. A good year to draft a DL in the first or second round.

This year is devoid of OL talent in the first two rounds. A good year to be patient and draft OL in the 3rd-6th round.

This year is devoid of top tier CB talent period. Wait until next year, or at least until the later rounds on some of the small school developmental projects.

This year is loaded with slot receiver talent from top to bottom. Lucky you, if are in need at that position,Dolphins aren't.

This logic always escaped Jeff Ireland. He, and his head of college scouting,Chris Grier, always just threw up their hands in their stupidity and ignorance and went with whatever wind was blowing at the time.

Following the hype train to destruction.

I suspect Grier will again just follow the hype train in this year's draft because the guy doesn't have a clue. He was never even a half azzed good scout and now for some inexplicable reason he has been given Carte Blanche by the clown of the NFL, Stephen Ross.
I 100% agree with your draft assessment. I wanted to jettison Grier with the rest too. Let’s pray that he can somehow land a true franchise quarterback. I also can’t help but to look at the way we are set up to be among the worst teams in the league for the next year or two. If we are indeed drafting in the top five of the draft the next two years, I would imagine that Grier and Flores will be fired. Maybe they are sacrificial lambs and we will bring in a big name Gm or Hc once we have a franchise qb.

Back
Top Bottom