No Qb Then We Should Focus Ol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Qb Then We Should Focus Ol

BPA every single pick. Or finagle more picks, who will turn into more BPA's

BPA every single pick. Or finagle more picks, who will turn into more BPA's
Everyone likes to say this. But, it simply is never happens. What if every time you pick the BPA is a rb? or a wr? you come out of the draft with 2wr 3rbs, and a corner?

If I had to guess I'd say Grier got the job because of his record drafting the last 3 years. Ross made Tannenbaum back off when Gase came in and if you look the drafts started to improve. In the last 3 seasons we've brought in Minkah, Baker, Ballage, McMillan, Godchaux, Taylor, Tunsil, Howard, Grant and Drake. The year before that 2014, only Walt Aikens remains, that's awful. There should be core players on our team from that draft. Hopefully, he keeps drafting better. I love that he was man enough to bring in lots of help like Reggie McKensie and Allen.

Honestly, we need to build the lines on both sides of the ball before we draft a QB. I know everyone wants to be excited about a new QB but it's simply not the right move this year, look at the facts.

1) this is a once in a decade draft for defensive linemen, if were smart we take the best DE or DT on the board at 13.

2) This QB class is very lack luster, especially compared to what on paper looks to be a great QB class in 2020.

3) We dont have the oline to protect the new QB yet. Use mid round picks to get this unit fixed.

Patience on the QB front is what's best for this franchise. Like it or not.

Respectfully disagree. You throw your franchise QB to the wolves, completely waste year one of their rookie contract, and instill bad habits. Worst case you get them injured and lose more time on that rookie contract. Then you're stuck negotiating an extension with limited tape and make hasty decisions like they did about Tannehill.

It makes better sense to me to get your trenches done this year. It usually takes them a year or two to really gel so why not start that process early. Get a vet like Fitz who knows how to play in a messy pocket and will have a year in the system to help the new guy catch learn it a year later.

It's easier then to churn the OL roster with a competent QB on a cheap contract than it is trying to fix both as we've seen the Fins do the last 8 years .
That's why we got fitz. He'll be thrown to the wolves while the rookie takes notes on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom