No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs

I don't think this team's making the playoffs either, but I'd rather not make the playoffs with Dan Campbell than Joe Philbin, because Ross might have gave another extension to Joe :confused:

I don't think this team's making the playoffs either, but I'd rather not make the playoffs with Dan Campbell than Joe Philbin, because Ross might have gave another extension to Joe :confused:

True. I just hope .500 ball is not enough to convince him that lets give campbell an extension.
Im not for or against Campbell but Im tired of same ole here. Personally we need to do a front office cleaning and start with fresh eyes everywhere but Ross loves halfassed measures with his football team

If this team went 8-8 that would have meant Campbell went 7-5 as the interim guy…not a bad resume builder to say the least…especially with some of the teams Miami plays.

I do not think the team goes 8-8. I think they are below .500 and do win a couple games "they shouldn't". Miami becomes a "tough out" from here on out. However, it does not mean the team is going to the playoffs or end up over .500.

If this team went 8-8 that would have meant Campbell went 7-5 as the interim guy…not a bad resume builder to say the least…especially with some of the teams Miami plays.

I do not think the team goes 8-8. I think they are below .500 and do win a couple games "they shouldn't". Miami becomes a "tough out" from here on out. However, it does not mean the team is going to the playoffs or end up over .500.
Yes bro but to end on a higher note than when we started the season is a good start. If we can build some positives and beat some teams that we are not supposed to would be great! Best of luck to the team going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have to win some GAMES,
and convert some 3RD Downs,
and stop some 3rd down conversions

Talking about playoffs is for people who don't actually enjoy watching the actual GAMES.

There was a very real chance that they would miss the playoffs if Philbin was still here and we started out 5-0,

just because the Pats and Bills appear so much better than us.

I think it IS possible to make the playoffs, but the biggest obstacle is NOT the coaches

it is the PLAYERS, and their ATTITUDE. Any player that says the team has 'all the talent in the World' and that they are better than their records says

is the PROBLEM. They are not even as good as their record says. They need to get their mind set RIGHT, it is NOT right.

Yes bro but to end on a higher note than when we started the season is a good start. If we can build some positives and beat some teams that we are not supposed to would be great! Best of luck to the team going forward!

Absolutely. If this team plays with energy and seems excited to be there it will be great for us as fans. I think it would be great seeing the time fight and take it to teams that are at a higher level.

Very simple for me at least in terms of what i am looking for through December.

Stop the nonsense. There's ZERO CHANCE this is a playoff team. And HIGHLY doubtful to make 500. I'd bet we finish 6-10 or below. Probably more like 5-11.

Good nudes is -- we should have a top 5 pick for OT or CB. Bad news is -- we're still 2+ drafts away from addressing our core issues in a complete way.

BNF.

This is the same team many on here were picking to win 10 games and be in the playoffs. They have lost a few games we thought they would win so now we must win a few many thought we might lose.
With Joe and Coyle gone the players have no more excuses.
I think we win the next two and get back to .500 and finish above that as unlikely as that seems.
Remember these guys on big contracts might be cut with a poor finish and a new coach coming in. They are playing for there pride and pay checks so I expect a solid effort from all going forward.

Here's why I think we COULD do it, according to Cote's article "The average of the previous 72 in-season changes was made 8.4 games in, or just past midseason. Campbell has far more games than most to enact a turnaround. Only four of those 72 changes have been made sooner than four games in: the 1982 Seahawks made the change after two games, and the ’71 Eagles, ’74 Colts and 2000 Bengals did it after three games."

Those 4 previous teams all started winless and were mostly all blown out in those games. The '82 Seahawks were actually during a strike year that began 2 games in. As much as we have sucked, we have actually won a game and we were competitive in the JAX game. I think if we win these next 2 games and get to 3-3 it's a possibility.

Its about Playoffs, that is still a goal this team needs to achieve and mathematically still can, you do that by competing everyday, every game, every play...anything is possible this early in the season, injuries happen, a team who looks like a lock today could be struggling tomorrow....way to early to say you failed on the goal to make the playoffs.....I hope the players and new coaches don't have the same defeatism attitude that some on this board has.....you fight for a playoff spot until your eliminated.....

Let look at the numbers for Wild Card- Jets 3-1 and then you have 4 teams 2-2, we are 1 game out of a wild card spot with 8 games too go.....those 4 teams are the Bills, Chargers, Steelers, Raiders.....this team only needs to win against the Bills and Chargers when we play them and go 3-1 every 4 games.....and you do it one game at a time....The Bills are frauds, they will lose this week against Tenn, the Steelers are without Big Ben, the Raiders are the Raiders and the Chargers are struggling.....it won't be easy but its possible....lets see how they look next week.....

Whatever... I still hope we make the playoffs... And also enjoy watching the games... as a response to the poster who says people talking playoffs are people who don't enjoy watching... Whatever the **** that's supposed to mean...

Its about Playoffs, that is still a goal this team needs to achieve and mathematically still can, you do that by competing everyday, every game, every play...anything is possible this early in the season, injuries happen, a team who looks like a lock today could be struggling tomorrow....way to early to say you failed on the goal to make the playoffs.....I hope the players and new coaches don't have the same defeatism attitude that some on this board has.....you fight for a playoff spot until your eliminated.....

Let look at the numbers for Wild Card- Jets 3-1 and then you have 4 teams 2-2, we are 1 game out of a wild card spot with 8 games too go.....those 4 teams are the Bills, Chargers, Steelers, Raiders.....this team only needs to win against the Bills and Chargers when we play them and go 3-1 every 4 games.....and you do it one game at a time....The Bills are frauds, they will lose this week against Tenn, the Steelers are without Big Ben, the Raiders are the Raiders and the Chargers are struggling.....it won't be easy but its possible....lets see how they look next week.....

Don't forget that the Jets are a must win also.

Whoever says that we have 0 chance to make the playoffs obviously doesn't fully understand statistics. Very unlikely, yes. Impossible? Hell no!

Back
Top Bottom