No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs

Forget where I heard it, but it was worth noting.

Miami would probably have to go at least 9-3 to have a shot at the playoffs.

last night NFLN was talking about it and they said one has. Forget the name but it was way back in the day - someone Ive never heard of.

Also its more than likely another eason for this is because typically an interim starts midway through the season and there arent enough games to rebound from. We are at an advantage here in that only a quarter of the season has been played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me say this, with Philbin, we KNEW we didn't stand a chance. With Campbell, I'm ready to believe we can break that record, and will cheer loudly in hopes it happens.

I feel like rooting again. Philbin drained me, washed me up, left me with nothing. Dan may not be the answer, but at least I feel like a fan again.

If I heard that statement, I would really want to be the first to prove it could be done.

I don't really care if we lose the rest of our games as long as I don't have to watch Philbin with his mouth open on the sideline.

No team coached by Joe Philbin has ever made the playoffs. I'd say we just traded one depressing factoid for another.

I've never been to an Ozzy concert without Ozzy being there.

Ozzy rules

it's so difficult in football to make a huge change like that and then go on a run. we have seen it in all other sports where teams have even gone on to win championships but football is a different beast. You guys should be thinking about justimproving and seeing how what your interim HC can do. he has a very long audition.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Wade Philips did it with the Bills they were 0-3 or 0-4 when he took over.

he started the year. that was 1998 and they started 0-3 but he was the coach for those 3 losses as well. he coached all 16 games.

it's so difficult in football to make a huge change like that and then go on a run. we have seen it in all other sports where teams have even gone on to win championships but football is a different beast. You guys should be thinking about justimproving and seeing how what your interim HC can do. he has a very long audition.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

he started the year. that was 1998 and they started 0-3 but he was the coach for those 3 losses as well. he coached all 16 games.

I am curious to see what changes. I do not have expectations.

Talking about the Play Offs is a big part of the reason that they are 1-3 to begin with.

Even if they make the playoffs, they will be annihilated in the first game.

Ryan does not appear to have what it takes.

Our problem right now is mostly on Defense, but if that gets fixed Tannehill has shown no signs that he will be able to compete in the playoffs.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up one bit. I've done waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times with this team and I've learned my lesson. As far as Im concerned this team has absolutely no bite to them. Is Campbell able to change that attitude in two weeks??? How do you turn a bunch of quitters and complainers into hungry football players in two weeks????? Oh... and on top of that.... learn how to become a head coach in the same amount of time. I hate to say it... it's extremely doubtful, but we'll see.

Unfortunately our stats match our record. I've never seen a team with such a pathetic early YPPA Differential rally to make the playoffs.

Tannehill would need to rise to above 7 YPA and the pass defense improve to below 7 YPA to allow any opportunity. Otherwise you're asking for too many fluke outcomes.

The good news is that the Titans pass defense has been abysmal to date, although they haven't played many games. They are one of a handful of teams allowing more yards per pass attempt (8.2) than we have.

I don't see the excuses for failing to put up plenty of points next week. Basic plays will work, and restore the promise of preseason.

I've never been to an Ozzy concert without Ozzy being there.

Ozzy rules
i have! The band is called Sabra Kadabra or something. My friend dragged me out to see this tribute band and you'd never know it wasn't Ozzy on the vocals. It CAN be done.

Back
Top Bottom