No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No team who made a HC change mid season has gone on to make playoffs

Let me say this, with Philbin, we KNEW we didn't stand a chance. With Campbell, I'm ready to believe we can break that record, and will cheer loudly in hopes it happens.

I feel like rooting again. Philbin drained me, washed me up, left me with nothing. Dan may not be the answer, but at least I feel like a fan again.
THIS!!! I feel the same way 100%. Watching was making me physically ill and I began to hate Philbin as if he was the Devil himself.

I drank the Kool-Aide this summer and got what I deserved.
Now I can relax, watch, and see what unfolds without any expectations.

Hoping that Dan Campbell can light a fire under the players butts and the team performs much better. At least want to see the team toughen up and not be the soft pushovers that they were under Philbin. However I am not expecting much. When it comes to thinking about playoffs this should be popping into everyone's head.

[video=youtube;s2R2sH2ScBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM[/video]

However would be great to see the Dolphins be the first at something positive.

The sixth seed is a tie between 6 teams right now at 2-2. We are 1-3. Doesn't it seem as silly to say there is no chance at the playoffs as to say there are? If we did this mid season or later I'd say no chance. But to do it this early isn't common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS PEOPLE!!

We were not even before the season started. You would think those who got themselves silly struck by the notion Suh would make 3 dl who couldnt stop the run, 2 lb's who cant cover, tackle or sack, 1 good corner and 1 good safety a playoff defense and afc champs and would have learned their lesson.

I like coach campbell, a whole lot and wish they would give him next year also, but, all the rah rah wont work because WE DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Nothing happens, no amount of coaching, speaches or ohio drills will cover for that.

Plus, the team knows campbell isnt getting the full time h/c gig. T-Bum is bringing in whatever old jet pal he can find or bill parcells can recomend. (Will he ever go away?)

Please guys, dont make the season worse for yourselves thinking playoffs. We just do not have the players this year. It also doesnt mean there wont be some fun in this season because we arnt playoff bound yet. Some things should improve and we'll see a few good games and hopefully watch the emergence of parker and ajayi.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS PEOPLE!!

We were not even before the season started. You would think those who got themselves silly struck by the notion Suh would make 3 dl who couldnt stop the run, 2 lb's who cant cover, tackle or sack, 1 good corner and 1 good safety a playoff defense and afc champs and would have learned their lesson.

I like coach campbell, a whole lot and wish they would give him next year also, but, all the rah rah wont work because WE DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Nothing happens, no amount of coaching, speaches or ohio drills will cover for that.

Plus, the team knows campbell isnt getting the full time h/c gig. T-Bum is bringing in whatever old jet pal he can find or bill parcells can recomend. (Will he ever go away?)

Please guys, dont make the season worse for yourselves thinking playoffs. We just do not have the players this year. It also doesnt mean there wont be some fun in this season because we arnt playoff bound yet. Some things should improve and we'll see a few good games and hopefully watch the emergence of parker and ajayi.

Hope is a good thing, Red. Maybe the best of things.

And no good thing ever really dies.

Look, the team is probably not going to make the playoffs. Dan Campbell…who has never been a HC before and is cleaning up Philbin's mess….is in a tough spot.

I want to see this team compete. I want its best players and units to play like they are capable of. I want to see the team make plays other teams do.

In the end, they will probably not win more than they lose. They would have to go 8-4 the rest of the way. I just do not see that happening. However, I want to see them fight. They will win a couple games they were not supposed to. I would love for them to be in the hunt going into December.

Whats more likely, we'll be the first team to make the playoffs or we'll be the first team to fire 2 head coaches in the middle of one season?

I will say I am interested in how different (or not) this team looks in the next month or so.

Tough spot for Campbell on so many fronts. I pulling for him the most. Hope he does great. Seems like a hard nosed, but genuine person. Plus, I love the physical approach he talks of. Love my blue collar football.

At this point, I just want to see an offensive line without Dallas Thomas.

well lets become the first team ever to do so?????

gotta hope!!!! ............. but more importantly, lets really and truly see the improvements and differences in our offense and defense, as well as the play of the players!!!

Whats more likely, we'll be the first team to make the playoffs or we'll be the first team to fire 2 head coaches in the middle of one season?

I dount they fire the intrim coach, its been hard enough to get a staff as fill in at this point anyway

Back
Top Bottom