Noah Igbinoghene will have the most impact of Dolphins 2020 picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene will have the most impact of Dolphins 2020 picks

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Early in his coaching career, Flores coached both former and current Patriots Darius Butler and Devin McCourty. Both were under 5’11”, 200 pounds. Both displayed great explosiveness and good but not great timed drills (though excellent top-end speed). McCourty would play extremely well as a rookie before transitioning to safety a few years later.

If you read the article, it closes with Tua will have the biggest long term impact :cheers:

Naturally as he plays QB, but I really hope he takes the reigns Russell Wilson style. That will be tough though without all the reps he isn't getting because of COVID.

I am not holding my breath for a CB to be our most impactful guy immediately. That is an extremely difficult position to transition to the NFL. I'd say Hunt maybe or Davis.

Given this crazy off season rookies in general will likely have much less impact early on, but as long as they get better as the season progresses then that's all you can ask for.

Sadly I doubt his impact will match or exceed what Minkah's could have been. Not crying over spilled milk but wish we could have figured that out because our defense would have been elite.
Actually, that is pretty much the definition of crying over spilled milk.

What it really is, is water under the bridge.

Minka's gone, and not coming back. Let go of the what ifs. The future is ahead, not behind.

The fact is Minkah wanted out and we don't know how ugly it would have got if they had not given him his wish.

My feeling always was that the fact Flores was willing to trade him meant that he was not a great fit to what he wanted in the Secondary.

He clearly was not comfortable being asked to move around and be a swiss army knife of a DB, Pittsburgh stuck him at his spot and left him there.

That is what Pittsburgh does.They put guys in position and hope they have the talent to make plays.No disguise, no trickery, no nothing.

It is why Belichick always takes Tomlin's lunch money and laughs at him.

To be fair to Minkah he may have been right that he was not right for Flores defense as he flourished in Pitt's much simpler scheme and would obviously not played as well for Miami, even if he had improved his attitude and bought in.

I do wonder if he would have given it more of a try if Belichick had asked him to do it instead of a rookie HC, or if the team was winning.

But at this point he is an ex Dolphin who forced his way out of town, rejecting my team in the process.So I have no sour grapes feelings about his performance elsewhere, my attitude with a player like that is F*ck that guy.

Hope he's wrong and it's Tua.
He does state in the article he believes Iggy will have the biggest impact on defense as a rookie. If Tua ends up having a bigger impact on defense than Iggy does, that will be a front page story.

Really depends on how the Fins run their D IMO... We know for sure Ibuprofen isnt going to be #1 or #2 as they've got the 2 highest paid CBs in the NFL already under contract.

Alot of questions stem from that reality
  • How much playing time is he really going to get?
  • Will he strictly play slot?
  • Are Howard and Byron Jones going to be strictly assigned to the opponent #1-2 WRs? If so, how are opposing teams going to react? Are they going to bypass their starters in order to try and pick on the rookie?
  • He's got the mesurables, but is he even ready to be a #3 and get more then 70% of the teams snaps? (Depending on how the fins run nickle or more DBs next season)
Not saying he wont, but I'd be more inclined to bet on a player that's more likely to see the field in 2020...

Really depends on how the Fins run their D IMO... We know for sure Ibuprofen isnt going to be #1 or #2 as they've got the 2 highest paid CBs in the NFL already under contract.

Alot of questions stem from that reality
  • How much playing time is he really going to get?
  • Will he strictly play slot?
  • Are Howard and Byron Jones going to be strictly assigned to the opponent #1-2 WRs? If so, how are opposing teams going to react? Are they going to bypass their starters in order to try and pick on the rookie?
  • He's got the mesurables, but is he even ready to be a #3 and get more then 70% of the teams snaps? (Depending on how the fins run nickle or more DBs next season)
Not saying he wont, but I'd be more inclined to bet on a player that's more likely to see the field in 2020...
Darius Slay says hi

Early in his coaching career, Flores coached both former and current Patriots Darius Butler and Devin McCourty. Both were under 5’11”, 200 pounds. Both displayed great explosiveness and good but not great timed drills (though excellent top-end speed). McCourty would play extremely well as a rookie before transitioning to safety a few years later.
Agreed, I said he would in an another thread. He’s got the right makeup and it seems he was targeted by Flores and he’s the kind of guy he looks for to coach

Darius Slay says hi
Hello Darius!

Slay played in 338 snaps on defense in his rookie year, which accounted for 4th(amongst CBs on his team-33%), 0 INTs and 5 PDs...

So yeah, elaborate on how you expect Ibuprofen to make the biggest impact on the team as a rookie if he's the 4th CB on the depth chart?

Hello Darius!

Slay played in 338 snaps on defense in his rookie year, which accounted for 4th(amongst CBs on his team-33%), 0 INTs and 5 PDs...

So yeah, elaborate on how you expect Ibuprofen to make the biggest impact on the team as a rookie if he's the 4th CB on the depth chart?
To be fair I don’t think Howard’s ever played a full season. Igbo could easily fill his spot. I love Howard but the man has bad knees. Most will say Needham could fill Howard’s role if he were to go back on IR. Igbo is a much better athlete than needham, and we saw what our coaching staff did with him. So it’s not hard to see Igbo getting more playing time then just a snap here and there in certain packages. It’s all going to come down to training camp, and position battles. I get what you’re saying though.

To be fair I don’t think Howard’s ever played a full season. Igbo could easily fill his spot. I love Howard but the man has bad knees. Most will say Needham could fill Howard’s role if he were to go back on IR. Igbo is a much better athlete than needham, and we saw what our coaching staff did with him. So it’s not hard to see Igbo getting more playing time then just a snap here and there in certain packages. It’s all going to come down to training camp, and position battles. I get what you’re saying though.
Like I said in my original post, not saying it wont happen at all, just that he wouldnt be my bet. The post you quoted was a response to a guy comparing the last 3 years of Slay(out of 7) to the rookie year of Noah... Which is way out of left field IMO...

Back
Top Bottom