Nolan Carroll | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nolan Carroll

now that the cb market is nearly dead, can we please stop ****ing around with 35 year old de's and get this deal done?

He hasn't even visited yet so probably not.

If our GM had any power I would point out that he was involved in drafting Carroll so maybe we wouldnt need much groundwork.

But the idea of Grier having any say? :lol: funny

now that the cb market is nearly dead, can we please stop ****ing around with 35 year old de's and get this deal done?

Nah lets just keeping bringing in d-linemen... Not like there are any other holes on this team. Let's sign the worst rated ones we can find!

Nah lets just keeping bringing in d-linemen... Not like there are any other holes on this team. Let's sign the worst rated ones we can find!

I may not be a fan of that ****ty spreadsheet site some around here treat like a bible, but when you look at a 35 year old they rated as the worst de in the nfl.... alarm bells really have to ring

I may not be a fan of that ****ty spreadsheet site some around here treat like a bible, but when you look at a 35 year old they rated as the worst de in the nfl.... alarm bells really have to ring

Totally agree. I'm not about putting much faith into pff, but to be ranked that low you have to be pretty bad regardless.

He would be an upgrade over Jamar Taylor as a 3rd or 4th CB but the Dolphins still need a #1 CB. Looks like they may be set on drafting a guy in the 1st round then starting him right off the bat letting him take his lumps in 2016.

He would be an upgrade over Jamar Taylor as a 3rd or 4th CB but the Dolphins still need a #1 CB. Looks like they may be set on drafting a guy in the 1st round then starting him right off the bat letting him take his lumps in 2016.

agree 100% but Bringing in Carroll for 3 years 12m or something like that doesnt stop you getting the much needed number 1, it just makes the existing mess slightly less painful and gives us a long term solid depth/rotation player

agree 100% but Bringing in Carroll for 3 years 12m or something like that doesnt stop you getting the much needed number 1, it just makes the existing mess slightly less painful and gives us a long term solid depth/rotation player

Bring in Carroll, draft Apple round 1 and I am pretty happy at cb

Totally agree. I'm not about putting much faith into pff, but to be ranked that low you have to be pretty bad regardless.

It is a two part system 1) Objective (numbers) 2) Subjective (evaluations).

PFF does a great job of number 1. Number 2 however is up to the front office and between the two you have the most complete picture you are ever going to get.

It is a two part system 1) Objective (numbers) 2) Subjective (evaluations).

PFF does a great job of number 1. Number 2 however is up to the front office and between the two you have the most complete picture you are ever going to get.

Meh. PFF does no better job at evaluating and identifying game tape than most of us do. If most teams have some difficulty in identifying the intentions of their opponents, than PFF's guess is no better than ours.

There are still some quality players that could come in and compete for snaps.

Patrick Robinson
Nolan Carroll
Leon Hall
Jerald Powers
Antonio Cromartie

Still some CBs that come in help

There are still some quality players that could come in and compete for snaps.

Patrick Robinson
Nolan Carroll
Leon Hall
Jerald Powers
Antonio Cromartie

Still some CBs that come in help
Wouldnt mind either of the first 4 to take over 3rd corner, either way miami is getting their #1 via draft

I would have no issue

Yeah... it's hard to have an issue when we think about the lack of talent at the CB position on this team. I think he could preform like an avg vet... make some plays, give up some plays. That's better than what we have seen the last two years.

I hope that we have a gem in the wings just waiting to shine... But that's just the dream we all have and may not pan out.

Better to sign a few guys now that can at least play with some experience until we draft some young blood that shows he needs to play. At least guys like Carroll will not break the bank, which is bare for the next couple of years without doing some creative math..lol.

Back
Top Bottom