North Miami-golden Glades Holiday Inn? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

North Miami-golden Glades Holiday Inn?

andy dent

Leeds tie i die
Reaction score
HI ALL

AS ANY MEMBER STAYED AT THE NORTH MIAMI-GOLDEN GLADES holiday inn at the end of the florida turnpike?

is it a nice hotel and is it a safe place to stay ? as we will have my kids with us for the jags pre season game on aug 14

any info would be a great help :)

thanks all

go fins

andy dent said:
HI ALL

AS ANY MEMBER STAYED AT THE NORTH MIAMI-GOLDEN GLADES holiday inn at the end of the florida turnpike?

is it a nice hotel and is it a safe place to stay ? as we will have my kids with us for the jags pre season game on aug 14

thanks all

go fins

Yea Stayed there a few years ago, the Hotel was OK but it isn't in the best of neighboorhoods. You would be fine there but there are many better places to stay.

andy dent said:
HI ALL

thanks all

go fins

Definitly look elsewhere...as long as you're willing to get up early and get to the game early (not sure if its an early game or not)....you can stay pretty much anywhere in South Florida and be OK for the game. That is not a nice hotel IMO....and its a crappy neighborhood....especially for a tourist. Let us know more or less what you want to spend per night and I'm sure we can make a few recommendations.

thanks guys

we are not to botherd about the price with in reason

what is don shula s hotel like ???

or there nice hotels up north of pro player just off the florida turnpike

thanks again

Yo AD, There are many very nice Hotels right off the airport.... Mariott, Sofitel, Hilton, etc. I suggest you find a rom in one of those. They are about 2o minutes from the satdium if you paln on leaving early and tailgating....

yep. The Golden Glades area was once pretty nice...but not anymore. Stay in Hollywood Beach.

andy dent said:
HI ALL

thanks all

go fins

NOT a great location unless you're looking to score some crack rocks!

There are some really reasonable hotels right on the beach in Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale Beach. They are old but still in good shape and in great locations.
Let me know if you want a couple of names.

jaxdolfan said:
yep. The Golden Glades area was once pretty nice...but not anymore. Stay in Hollywood Beach.
I stayed in a holiday inn on Hollywood beach when I went down for a game. They were really good. The people there gave us good places to go. It was a pretty nice hotel and it was on a beach!

andy dent said:
thanks guys

we are not to botherd about the price with in reason

what is don shula s hotel like ???

or there nice hotels up north of pro player just off the florida turnpike

thanks again

Shula's hotel is very nice and in a nice area. You're right on Main Street which has shops, GREAT restaurants, bars, and a theatre. If you like golf, they have a really nice golf course and a cool little par3 course that I think is still lit up at night. Its also about 15 minutes from the stadium. If you like the beach check out the Yankee Clipper or the Double Tree on Fort Lauderdale Beach...they are pricey, but nice and no more than about 30-35 minutes from the stadium, if that. The Hilton in front of the Airport as well as the Hotel Sofitel are very nice also and they are about 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic. Like I said before...you just have to plan to get to the game early and do a little tailgaiting...that way you don't have to worry about traffic. If I were you I would contact a travel agent down here and see what they could do...just Google one up. Get back to us on what he/she recommends and we'll let you know.

Good Luck

thanks for great advice guys

i will look some of the suggestions up

if there is any body in the kissme area of orlando who need a lift down to the jags pre season game let me no as we have a 12 seater mini bus for the vaction
and there will be only 5 of us going to the game !!!!

thanks again

keep the hotel info coming the more i no the better

do the hotel some of you guys told me about run shuttle buses to the games?

thanks

need the florida sun :cooldude: :cooldude: raining in england again:cry: :cry:

To confirm that there are better hotels, Yes there are. But I dont think it's neccesary to knock the neighborhood like that. There are alot of hard working people who call it home and would probably not like their area written off as a place to get crack rocks. To contribute to the answer. South florida isnt like kissimmee where everything is far away from everything. You can stay as far north as sawgrass or as far south as south beach and still get to the stadium within a half hour. Try some of the hotels around the office depot center on hotels.com. Click in sawgrass or sunrise. That way you are close to an outlet mall, Great restauraunts and 10 minutes from the turnpike which drops you at Pro Players gate. (I lived in poinciana in kissimmee are you near there?) Drop me an E-mail, I'll be glad to help you out with specifics. Lucky931@aol.com.

SuperFin34 said:
To confirm that there are better hotels, Yes there are. But I dont think it's neccesary to knock the neighborhood like that. There are alot of hard working people who call it home and would probably not like their area written off as a place to get crack rocks. To contribute to the answer. South florida isnt like kissimmee where everything is far away from everything. You can stay as far north as sawgrass or as far south as south beach and still get to the stadium within a half hour. Try some of the hotels around the office depot center on hotels.com. Click in sawgrass or sunrise. That way you are close to an outlet mall, Great restauraunts and 10 minutes from the turnpike which drops you at Pro Players gate. (I lived in poinciana in kissimmee are you near there?) Drop me an E-mail, I'll be glad to help you out with specifics. Lucky931@aol.com.

Oh God, up rises the ugly head of political correctness!
The truth is the truth.
You can sugarcoat it anyway you like it but that neighborhood is bad news.
I grew up around it when it was nice and saw it turn into a bad neighborhood.

Besides this guy is coming all the way across the big pond to visit S. Florida with his family. I think HE has a right to know EXACTLY what the neighborhood is like.

You would want to know the truth if you were coming all the way over here from England with your family wouldn't you?

Ahhhh, all of a sudden political correctness dosen't apply anymore does it?

andy dent said:
thanks for great advice guys

i will look some of the suggestions up

if there is any body in the kissme area of orlando who need a lift down to the jags pre season game let me no as we have a 12 seater mini bus for the vaction
and there will be only 5 of us going to the game !!!!

thanks again

keep the hotel info coming the more i no the better

do the hotel some of you guys told me about run shuttle buses to the games?

thanks

need the florida sun :cooldude: :cooldude: raining in england again:cry: :cry:

If I were you I would ignore that advice on getting a hotel in Sunrise as well.
If you are coming to Florida for sun and fun along with the Fins game you could'nt go to a worse area. Sunrise is VERY far to the west. It is away from the beaches. You might as well really enjoy yourself and see the best S. Florida has to offer and that would be it's beaches not a strip mall.

Hey Andy, I work at a AAA Travel Agency and Insurance Agency in Miami. I don't work in the travel department but you can call Nancy Seidner at 305.270.6450 ext 2232. If you're a AAA member then they can prolly get you a better deal but they can still help you with your reservation regardless. You don't pay our agency up front or anything like that all you'll need to give is a credit card to guarantee the reservation and you can usually cancel up to 24 hours prior to arrival date. Hope that helps if you need any info just PM me.

That holiday Inn is a little ghetto if you ask me

But I had a great time while I was there, no problems, no hassles. You can literally walk to the stadium from there or take a 2 dollar cab ride if it's too hot to walk. It's in a bad neighborhood, but the Holiday Inn's location is seperated from the area. The crack problem is very real, however you would have to literally venture into the neighborhood and into the projects to get something. Trust me that Holiday Inn has been there for years and aside from the occasional teen parties that they have there in the ballroom, you rarely see neighborhood folk venture into the hotel area, unless they work there.

You can find nicer more pricier hotels by the airport and on South Beach, but even there you can get robbed or your room broken into, or jumped by drunk idiots, especially on South Beach.

I personally would stay on the beach because there's more to do, more to eat, and more people to meet, and the area where the Holiday in is located is close to a few fast food joints and a big a$$ ghetto a$$ flea market and that's it aside from some great Jamaican restaraunts around there. There's nothing to offer, except it's close proximity to the stadium. The biggest hassle of staying on the beach though, b4 and after the game, the traffic sucks, but that's a small price to pay.

Back
Top Bottom