North Miami-golden Glades Holiday Inn? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

North Miami-golden Glades Holiday Inn?

Trekbiz said:
Oh God, up rises the ugly head of political correctness!
The truth is the truth.
You can sugarcoat it anyway you like it but that neighborhood is bad news.
I grew up around it when it was nice and saw it turn into a bad neighborhood.

Besides this guy is coming all the way across the big pond to visit S. Florida with his family. I think HE has a right to know EXACTLY what the neighborhood is like.

You would want to know the truth if you were coming all the way over here from England with your family wouldn't you?

Ahhhh, all of a sudden political correctness dosen't apply anymore does it?
Actually, it has nothing to do with political correctness, I said there are better places to stay. I lived in that neighborhood till last year. My parents still live there. I have never seen a person buying or selling crack, I have never seen prostitution, violence or any activity any lower middle class neighborhood goes through. In fact, my spiffy new house being built in sawgrass was next to the guy who's tires were slashed, is Sawgrass a violent neighborhood now? NO. You moved out years ago and probably dont know anybody that still lives there so in your eyes because the inhabitants arent like you anymore the place has gone down...

To the original poster, North Miami is not one of the places to stay, plenty of options and that hotel should be at the bottom of the list.

SuperFin34 said:
Actually, it has nothing to do with political correctness, I said there are better places to stay. I lived in that neighborhood till last year. My parents still live there. I have never seen a person buying or selling crack, I have never seen prostitution, violence or any activity any lower middle class neighborhood goes through. In fact, my spiffy new house being built in sawgrass was next to the guy who's tires were slashed, is Sawgrass a violent neighborhood now? NO. You moved out years ago and probably dont know anybody that still lives there so in your eyes because the inhabitants arent like you anymore the place has gone down...

To the original poster, North Miami is not one of the places to stay, plenty of options and that hotel should be at the bottom of the list.

I don't know why you are taking such offense to this.
The area is what it is.
It's a HUD housing area and is rampant with gangs, drugs, crime, etc.

That neighborhood is not good period.
If you got out then congratulations.
You can see people selling drugs right in the parking lot of the 7 Eleven which is right down the block from the hotel. You've got high crime there and HUD housing right down the road. Is this the type of neighborhood you'd like to take your family for a vacation like the poster of this thread was considering/

I would bet not.

As far as Sawgrass is concerned. What a joke. You are comparing two completely different things. Sawgrass is a middle class to wealthy neighborhood. Does that mean crime or foul play never happens there of course not. However, If someone stays in the Sawgrass area they won't have to deal with 3 bums asking them for money, the occasional prostitute walking around and gangs hanging out as they walk to the 7-11 to buy a paper and a slurpee.

Big Difference!

By the way if your neighborhood was so great why on earth did you move out? :confused:

Hi Guys,

Forgive me for jumping in on this thread but I'm from Wolverhampton, England and my wife and I stayed in that hotel back in 1999 when we were in South Florida. The hotel itself was great but you could tell straight away that this is not a "tourist" area. High security in the hotel and the sort of neighbourhood I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around, certainly not at night. No offense intended to anyone who lives there but that was my opinion, I wouldn't choose to stay there again. We chose it because it was so close to the stadium and easy to get to...

We are coming to the Arizona game in November this year - we now have a 4 year old daughter who will be coming too. We are staying in Orlando for the rest of the holiday. I am thinking in terms of travelling down to the Naples area on the Saturday (we just love the sunsets on the Gulf coast) and driving to the game on Sunday morning from Naples (and back again after the game.) Websites suggest around 100 miles and one and a half hours from Naples to Miami.

My question for you guys who live in the area... do you see any problems with this plan? If we left Naples around 9am we should be parked at Joe Robbie by around 11am??? Plenty of time to enjoy the atmosphere before the 1.00 kick off. Is one and a half to two hours enough time to get to the game from Naples?

Thanks for your advice...

Mark.

Im sorry if my post came off as i was taking offense, I didnt, The part that kinda irked me was the fact that the poster said that our friend from england should know the whole truth about a neighborhood and from living there I know crack rocks and prostitution was not the whole truth. My analogy to sawgrass was to point out that any single incident can never be taken as the whole truth. I moved out because it was closer to my new job to answer your question.I hate being a snippy poster and i apologize if i came off that way but making rash broad statements about a whole neighborhood is unfair and as the poster above noted "ridiculous"

Back
Top Bottom