Norv on a plane flying to meet with Al Davis RIGHT NOW | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv on a plane flying to meet with Al Davis RIGHT NOW

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
This according to Hank Goldberg as reported on ESPN's PTI.

Why is Norv leaving? He's going to have a very crappy stay in Oakland when Gannon, Rice and Brown all retire at the sametime.

Then again... I wouldn't really care. He did SQUAT for us last year.

he also had squat to work with...

who's gonna replace him?

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
he also had squat to work with...

who's gonna replace him?
Ricky Williams, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael are hardly squat.

Even with a crappy QB and O-Line, there is no excuse to be as bad as we were last year. Look at our offense. They were: 29th in pass completions, 30th in pass attempts, 26th in pass yards, 24th in pass TD's, 17th in rush yards, 27th in Y.P.C, 14th in rush TD's. 24th overall offense

Give me a break.

Who'd wanna coach the Raiders?...their cap situation is horrible, their best players are retiring, Al Davis is crazy, and the future doesn't look any better...

So long, farewell, someone find his hat.

Give the team someone who isn't so conservative.

One step towards the end of this coaching staffs reign.

Originally posted by Gonk

Ricky Williams, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael are hardly squat.

Even with a crappy QB and O-Line, there is no excuse to be as bad as we were last year. Look at our offense. They were: 29th in pass completions, 30th in pass attempts, 26th in pass yards, 24th in pass TD's, 17th in rush yards, 27th in Y.P.C, 14th in rush TD's. 24th overall offense

Give me a break.

huh? that makes no sense...

QB needs time to throw, bad line give the QB little time.

WR need time to get open, and a bad line doesn't help the QB .

RB needs holes to run through.

yeah a crappy oline and QB is a damn good excuse...

I actually think he might take the job! Why else would he fly out there! He knows what's been going on out there maybe he thinks he can fix it! If anything the players should respect him! You watch he'll leave and we will finally get a good QB! What about Trestman wasn't he a OC?

lets bring in the "FOSSIL" the X giant. he could run the offense, plus who else is out there??

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

huh? that makes no sense...

QB needs time to throw, bad line give the QB little time.

WR need time to get open, and a bad line doesn't help the QB .

RB needs holes to run through.

yeah a crappy oline and QB is a damn good excuse...
:rolleyes: The Giants started a rookie at every single position on their O-line and still had a better offense statistically than last years Dolphins (by leaps and bounds)

There are about 10 other teams that had worse O-line's than us and were better statistically.

Wait a minute folks, don't over-react on this interview.

Norv does want a head-coach job. It is in his best interest to, at the very least, go and do the interview.

I doubt, very seriously, that Norv would take this job unless he has some power consessions from big Al. And I don't see that happening. Norv doesn't want to work for another Dan Snyder type. But, it is in his best interest to at least show enough interest/respect to show up for an interview.

It will help him land the right job in the future.

Look for Al Davis to sign Marv Levi as his head coach.

I doubt this is a straightup offer to Norv Turner really. I just don't see Al Davis finally caving to signing a head coach who has head coached before, and doing it with a guy who had like a 42-56 record as a coach or something along those lines. If Al Davis is finally gonna hire a guy who head coached before, he's gonna want someone who has a better resume than that.

But in the case that Norv DOES become their HC...I would want Jim Fassel as our OC. He and Norv Turner both are among the league elites at play-calling.

You guys are giving Norv a bum rap. Randy McMichael is not as good as he gets credit for from some people IMO, and in any case with the OL playing as aweful as it did, he just plain had to be held in to block. The OL was crappy, Ricky had an off year, and the QB he's workin with is a noodle armed overachiever...in an offense that absolutely REQUIRES you to be able to put a significant amount of zip on an out route or a slant-in etc. Not to mention the deep ball for Fiedler will never be a significant threat to a CB enough to get them not to sit on the short routes.

No one with any credibility is going to take that job. Al Davis wants a puppet that he can control, and I think Norv knows from his experience with Daniel Snyder in Washington that he needs to stay away from that sort of situation.

The sticking point is that Al Davis won't let the coach he hires hire his own assistants.

Back
Top Bottom