Norv on a plane flying to meet with Al Davis RIGHT NOW | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv on a plane flying to meet with Al Davis RIGHT NOW

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Who'd wanna coach the Raiders?...their cap situation is horrible, their best players are retiring, Al Davis is crazy, and the future doesn't look any better...

Let me start by saying I hate the Raiders. Okay.....

Granted Al Davis is a wacky old man, and I don't know a lot about cap sitiuations and such, but how could they be in that bad of shape? It doesn't get any worse than this year, so It can only get better for them. Plus all their big players retiring would be the absolute BEST thing that could happen to them! It would free up tons of cap space (right?) and with there excellent draft position this year, they could pick up some automatic superstars (Larry Fitzgerald) and start rebuilding.

Originally posted by Lukin

Let me start by saying I hate the Raiders. Okay.....

Granted Al Davis is a wacky old man, and I don't know a lot about cap sitiuations and such, but how could they be in that bad of shape? It doesn't get any worse than this year, so It can only get better for them. Plus all their big players retiring would be the absolute BEST thing that could happen to them! It would free up tons of cap space (right?) and with there excellent draft position this year, they could pick up some automatic superstars (Larry Fitzgerald) and start rebuilding.

That was kinda my initial take on the deal. Whoever takes the HC job, if they have any pull whatsoever on drafting, would have one helluva opportunity to build their OWN team. I'm not versed on how much power over that kinda stuff Davis likes to allow though.

This is insane. No OL. No QB. One WR. Yeah, it's Norv's fault.

Did you guys ever see Norv's offenses in Washington and Dallas?? See how aggressive he was?? Now ask yourself, "What's different."

Thank you, drive thru......

Al Davis won't hire Norv Turner. He is too old and too experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Al Davis won't hire Norv Turner. He is too young and too experienced.

:rofl:

Originally posted by KBISBACK
No one with any credibility is going to take that job. Al Davis wants a puppet that he can control, and I think Norv knows from his experience with Daniel Snyder in Washington that he needs to stay away from that sort of situation.

The sticking point is that Al Davis won't let the coach he hires hire his own assistants.

Absoutely right, that's why Shanahan and Gruden got out there as fast as they could.

Originally posted by Gonk

Ricky Williams, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael are hardly squat.

Even with a crappy QB and O-Line, there is no excuse to be as bad as we were last year. Look at our offense. They were: 29th in pass completions, 30th in pass attempts, 26th in pass yards, 24th in pass TD's, 17th in rush yards, 27th in Y.P.C, 14th in rush TD's. 24th overall offense

Give me a break.

i agree, Norv was a bit crappy, especially first half of season.

Originally posted by Gonk

Ricky Williams, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael are hardly squat.

Even with a crappy QB and O-Line, there is no excuse to be as bad as we were last year. Look at our offense. They were: 29th in pass completions, 30th in pass attempts, 26th in pass yards, 24th in pass TD's, 17th in rush yards, 27th in Y.P.C, 14th in rush TD's. 24th overall offense

Give me a break.

Will you please reread what you just wrote! :rolleyes:
Geez, "with a crappy QB and O-Line there is no excuse to be as bad as we were" ??????

The QB and OL are half the damn offense and the OL being the MOST important. If you can't block you can't do anything.
Add Jay Fiedler's inability to make a number of throws without taking on above avg. risk WTF do you expect Norv to call????

Some of you guys blow me away with your comments.

Originally posted by Muck
This is insane. No OL. No QB. One WR. Yeah, it's Norv's fault.

Did you guys ever see Norv's offenses in Washington and Dallas?? See how aggressive he was?? Now ask yourself, "What's different."

Thank you, drive thru......

Amen.... next!

Back
Top Bottom