Norv Turner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Norv Turner

Originally posted by -Om-
No worries, then, bro.

I know folks tend to cast a wary eye on newbies from other teams, and deservedly so. I know we do up our way. Helluva lot of them aren't looking to talk ball, they're looking to stir things up. I'm not that guy.

For what it's worth. :)

I have just been growing a little weiry of coaching blame over the last week. I saw the Texans loss as a 'team loss', where a number of problems existed. Play calling wasn't great, but then like I said before, even with perfect play calling, if the players blocked, tackled and ran like they did last Sunday, the result would not have been any different.

Anyway, welcome aboard -Om-. You will find some very knowledgable FOOTBALL fans over here. As for myself, I tend to be a little more hospitable after my second cup of coffee ;)

Originally posted by -Om-
No worries, then, bro.

I know folks tend to cast a wary eye on newbies from other teams, and deservedly so. I know we do up our way. Helluva lot of them aren't looking to talk ball, they're looking to stir things up. I'm not that guy.

For what it's worth. :)

Actually, I have to agree with PP there. Even against the Pats, if any of those pass plays are executed, Norve gets patted on the back for being aggressive. I think you can jump on an OC for calling plays like the ones that killed the Jets against the Skins...but Norve is being aggressive...he just needs players to execute.

The big thing in the 4th was the 2 offsides on the Phins only real posseon of the 4th. Both plays were going to Ricky, but the o-line f*ed up twice forecing a pass. Jay had the WR, and just made a horrible throw. On an out you have to get the ball to the out side of the WR, if the ball goes to the inside you are looking ata INT 9 out of 10 times. The other problem was our D just couldn't get us the ball back to gain any momentum.

With the D 21 points should have put the Texans away, but our D didn't make any plays. Giveing the Texans WRs a 10 yard cusion was the biggest downfall of the game.

Boy, they really seem to love Norv in DC. :tongue:

Bates is a good DC, IMO and has even more players this year to dominate offenses than even last year. But if these schemes don't work against the 3-4 pleasssse Bates go back(at least 80% of the time) to what works and what the majority of players are used to. They blitzed alot in the Tex game and it backfired. BTW, Curtis said this upcoming game is gonna be smashmouth football against the Fins, well that is what they are gonna get!

Well, i would still rather have Norv than Chan "BoBo The Clown" Gailey and besides which OC has a better resume than Norv that is available? See, the players need to start executing. Everything was great up until the the thumb injury and the holding call against the texans last week..And yes I remember the New England game too. But trust me there's still no better OC ou there. When the players start executing better, than all this Norv Turner talk will end..

Originally posted by phinphan
Question the play calling all you want. The fact is that if the players execute out there, Norv is being slapped on the back and reminded what a genius he is this week.

One of the keys against the Jets this week is to get Ricky going EARLY. That opens up so many possibilities for the offense. If execution is good this Sunday, there won't be a problem.

PS, I am intrigued to see how the offensive line plays, and what, it any changes are made over the next few weeks.

I disagree. Norv called that play at least a dozen times last year and he should now by now that Jay cannot throw that pass. Especially late in the game. Coaches have to know their personnel.

And in this case it was more important to run Ricky late in the game. The 48 yd run that he broke was up the right side as was the screen pass. Yet, for some strange reason Norv did not call another play for Ricky up the right side. Still think he is a genius? The fact is that offensive 'geniuses' think too much of themselves and can lose football games.

If Washington gets to the playoffs this year it will be because Spurrier continues to keep his ego in check.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Well, i would still rather have Norv than Chan "BoBo The Clown" Gailey and besides which OC has a better resume than Norv that is available? See, the players need to start executing. Everything was great up until the the thumb injury and the holding call against the texans last week..And yes I remember the New England game too. But trust me there's still no better OC ou there. When the players start executing better, than all this Norv Turner talk will end..

I don't know about that....

I thought Chan was very close to bringing the wishbone offense to Miami... Then we would have really shown the rest of league something....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ZOD

I don't know about that....

I thought Chan was very close to bringing the wishbone offense to Miami... Then we would have really shown the rest of league something....:rolleyes:

Man, that would of been something hunh? LOL..First it was our O was to vanilla now it's let's get rid of the OC that's won 2 SB.. Bryan Cox is right, we do have some vary fickle fins. But I'm not worried after this week, I think all the Finheaven members will get their swagger back and stop looking for execuses and crying like little girls..

Back
Top Bottom