Not a good year for Grier | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not a good year for Grier

He did not hit it out of the park but I don't see a bad Draft here.

I would not have taken Chop but that does not mean he does not prove his doubters wrong and become a star.

After R1 I thought it was pretty solid and I would not be surprised if they added 5 legit contributors in time.

I appreciate the way Grier drafts. Go get premium positions that are rarely available on the open market.

If you are drafting for this year specifically, you screwed up during the free agency period.

I don't think Grier bats 1.000% obviously. My preferrence would have been Briant Thomas Jr over Chop, but that's a differnece of opinion; I'm happy with Chop. The Paul pick is the issue to me, but that's just a different evaluation. I still think it was a good pick process-wise.

What would you change?

Ehhhhh what? If you’re going to complain you should at least explain in detail why.

Doubling up on the pass rushers was monumental both as insurance for our returning DEs as well as replacements for one of them.

A Terron Armstead replacement/insurance was also mission critical. There is a good chance Paul is your starting Lt going into the playoffs.

With a roster whose starting lineup is pretty much already set (with the exception of RG possibly), what is there to complain about?

The added skill guys are just a pleasant bonus. How does one not love Jaylin Wright? Achane and Wright give you a real lethal 1-2 punch and can be used together in a variety of ways.

I appreciate the way Grier drafts. Go get premium positions that are rarely available on the open market.

If you are drafting for this year specifically, you screwed up during the free agency period.

I don't think Grier bats 1.000% obviously. My preferrence would have been Briant Thomas Jr over Chop, but that's a differnece of opinion; I'm happy with Chop. The Paul pick is the issue to me, but that's just a different evaluation. I still think it was a good pick process-wise.

What would you change?
Quinyon Mitchell instead of Chop, Brendan Rice instead of Malik Washington

Ehhhhh what? If you’re going to complain you should at least explain in detail why.

Doubling up on the pass rushers was monumental both as insurance for our returning DEs as well as replacements for one of them.

A Terron Armstead replacement/insurance was also mission critical. There is a good chance Paul is your starting Lt going into the playoffs.

With a roster whose starting lineup is pretty much already set (with the exception of RG possibly), what is there to complain about?

The added skill guys are just a pleasant bonus. How does one not love Jaylin Wright? Achane and Wright give you a real lethal 1-2 punch and can be used together in a variety of ways.
The pass rushers are not edge setters, too one dimensional. The WRs are midgets, not good blockers. We draft for speed over toughness.

The pass rushers are not edge setters, too one dimensional. The WRs are midgets, not good blockers. We draft for speed over toughness.

Chop Robinson is by no means a small dude. You think Anthony Weaver didn't sign off on him for his defense?

If you're biggest gripes are the heights of two highly productive 5th and 6th round picks, I'll take it.

I wanted taller WR's as well but you can't just draft guys because their tall. At the end of the day, you don't have that many big WR's that can get open in the NFL anymore. I feel like these guys were drafted to do what Berrios can't. Considering most guys taken in those positions don't even make the team, you can't argue with the value factor they present.

A more talented WR was never going to be in the cards for this draft anyway. We weren't going to spend major assets on a guy to be a 5th or 6th option in this offense.

As far as CB, I would've been pleased with Mitchell as well. You can never have enough CB's but I am still high on Cam Smith's potential.

Chop Robinson is by no means a small dude. You think Anthony Weaver didn't sign off on him for his defense?

If you're biggest gripes are the heights of two highly productive 5th and 6th round picks, I'll take it.

I wanted taller WR's as well but you can't just draft guys because their tall. At the end of the day, you don't have that many big WR's that can get open in the NFL anymore. I feel like these guys were drafted to do what Berrios can't. Considering most guys taken in those positions don't even make the team, you can't argue with the value factor they present.

A more talented WR was never going to be in the cards for this draft anyway. We weren't going to spend major assets on a guy to be a 5th or 6th option in this offense.

As far as CB, I would've been pleased with Mitchell as well. You can never have enough CB's but I am still high on Cam Smith's potential.
I’m not sold on Chop being an every down player. You don’t take situational players in the first round. If teams can run at him on first and second down then the pick is a big fail.

I’m not sold on Chop being an every down player. You don’t take situational players in the first round. If teams can run at him on first and second down then the pick is a big fail.
Things have changed my friends. There is no more ground and pound, well maybe a couple unfortunates who can't or won't update. But the Miami Dolphins are are becoming a run and shoot / greatest show on turf team. If we get the lead early, which is what we are built to do, then the opponent is not going to want to see Chop. Most of last year's playoff teams had a very good passing games but they didn't all have a good pass defeneses. We can afford to lose a game to a Titans type team occasionally but we can't afford to lose to Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers, nor Pat Mahomely. We need to put them on the ground. The big fail we did not commit, was picking the wrong types of players for our developing offense, our brand new defense, and our future.

I too would have gone DB (DeJean or Mitchell) over Chop but i get the philosophy of overkilling the pass rush personnel. Our defense really missed Phillips and Chubb when having to rely on JAGs to keep QBs honest.

It seems like Grier is having a good year meanwhile the fact that Grier is having a good year, the Ops first post (note how I am referring to the post and not poster - sneaky huh?) is making him have a bad year.

Back
Top Bottom