Now my question is, will Rivers be there at 20? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now my question is, will Rivers be there at 20?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't mind to say it when I'm wrong. I had my doubts about his delivery but not anymore. I think he'll have a few passes batted down from time to time but then again they all do. Nobody can say how's he gonna do in the NFL, but I'll be happy if we draft him. The thing is after today's game, will he still be there at #20 for us to take him? I know some people had been saying that they'd like to trade down and then take him but is it realistic to think that he'll be there that late? Another question is, if we do get that pick for Ogun and is a higher pick than ours, should we take him with that pick instead of risk losing him?What do you guys think?

Ozzy rules!!

My only worries are GB jumping us or Diego trading down but in front of us.

is SD is trading down, it'll be between miami and them.

i think GB would wait for Losman. they need every pick this year, and this years draft is to good to give up picks IMO.

SD may very well trade down......they could get a better QB and a defensive player or 2 for the #1 spot.

If we get a higher #1 from an O-gun deal...take Rivers w/ it. Forget what folks "think" about where he "should" grade out in the draft. This guy is an impact player and a franchise QB.

My worry is that others are realizing this as well and we wont get him at #20....he will already be long gone.

He will be there at 20. If he is not Danny I will give you 30,000 points on draft day. That is how sure I am.

Rivers stock fell on most teams draft boards this week because of poor performances in practice. The performance in a game that doesn't even allowing blitzing, was meaningless.

I wouldn't say poor. The one thing that may have raised his stock was the fact he does have arm strength. But he can't knock the deep ball that well. Don't talk about today's performance with me, I am talking practice.

At the combine the answers will finally be there.

Stamos....how do you know this? I'm hoping it's true....but how do you really know? I'd think the eyeopening performance at the Senior Bowl where he clearly looked head and shoulders better then the other QB's would have raised his stock......but perhaps you are right about the game not carrying much clout.....(one can hope!)

your talking about rivers doing bad at practices this week and only doing good in this game....Have you watched him any the last 4 years. His stats speak for themself in Games he started for 4 years. Rivers is awesome i saw what he did to my fsu's defense for 4 years. SO hell ill take 4 years of greatness to what one week of practice has to say..

Yes. I mean that would put guys like Josh Heupel and Kliff Kingsbury at the top of the NFL. He was not horrible at the practices. He proved his arm strength.

Just needs to knock the deep ball down.

Originally posted by Dbergan
I'd think the eyeopening performance at the Senior Bowl where he clearly looked head and shoulders better then the other QB's would have raised his stock

To a fan sure. Scouts could almost careless about the performance in the game.

Originally posted by Stamos
Rivers stock fell on most teams draft boards this week

This is bull**** guys. Stamos has a hard-on for Losman, and he's just trying to get it back after he blew it over Rivers. Cry us a river Stamo.

Maybe Im mistaken but dont you want the QB to play better in the game than in practice. Call me crazy but I think I heard that somewhere once.

It called getting in a groove in game situation. Practice means squat I can throw a 40 to 50 yard post on a rope in practice but that doesnt maen I can read a defense and step up in the pocket and make the RIGHT throw. Thats what he does and thats what we need. No more out patterns underthrown by F***ing Fiedler anymore only to end drives or be returned for a touchdown. He makes the right descions and has a strong arm to back it up.

I think your right about how scouts feel about practice vs. game play. But I would still concentrate on picking up Rivers as quick as we can in the draft. If we get an early pick in the draft for the OGUN signing then use that one on Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom