Now Nobody Flip Out, Okay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Nobody Flip Out, Okay?

- Important point: Zach was a 3.2 student at Tech and brought that with him into the NFL. The guy has been able to get himself into position to make tackles quicker than almost anyone in the NFL due to his mind an prep. before games.

Crowder has a lot to prove in my mind. He'll have to have the maturity to stay out of trouble in the future and put in the prep. before any comparisions begin.

If Crowder puts the same amount of time in the film room as Zach, then I agree. Zach is a great student of the game. That is why he is so good. Hopefully Crowder is as committed to using his 'free time' to watch game film as Zach is.

Mr Yu said:
- Important point: Zach was a 3.2 student at Tech and brought that with him into the NFL. The guy has been able to get himself into position to make tackles quicker than almost anyone in the NFL due to his mind an prep. before games.

Crowder has a lot to prove in my mind. He'll have to have the maturity to stay out of trouble in the future and put in the prep. before any comparisions begin.

I was going to suggest the same thing! Zack is great on the field, in part, because of the work he does off the field. I hope Crowder learns that too.

Steve

Zach Thomas never had great measurables..that's why he was a 5th round draft choice. What he does have is great instincts....he's sees things before they happen. It's what made him a great player. What Zach doesn't do well is shed blocks. That's why the previous system was so good for him....when it was at ti's best Zach was protected by Tim Bowens and Darryl Gardner.

It remains to be seen how good Crowder will be....speed and size aren't the whole equation. He needs to stay healthy, do his filmwork and learn from Zach. By the way, tackles are a very overrated stat. You judge a defense by how many points they give up and can they make a stop when they need to.

I like Crowder and think he could be a very good linebacker. I think Zach will be over 100 tackles again and dont see a rookie doing that. A good year from him would be a few forced fumbles, few ints, pass deflections in the teens, 70 tackles. Id like to see him make plays and give sparks to the team. We will have plenty of tacklers.

As our LBs get taller I do see teams attacking Zach even more in the passing game. So far his pass D has held up.

Zach 2004 :

13 games 145 tackles 118 solo

- I'm more worried about Jr's return. With luck , Crowder could get sometime over there. It still kills me when I hear Zach too slow or small , doesn't shed blocks , gets beat by TE , protected by Bowens & Gardener etcc..

When this guy goes into the Hall ( and he will ) will the same guys still talk about the same garbage that doesn't hold up to fact?

Zach 2004 :

13 games 145 tackles 118 solo

Please note that Gardener & Bowens were not on the field.

South Florida said:
I think Channing Crowder would make more tackles than Zach in our system.

He's got similar instincts, much much much better speed, and equal to better strength.

This is not meant to knock Zach Thomas. Its meant to praise Channing Crowder.

The steal of the Draft 2 years in a row baby!

The big IF that seperates him from ZT is "Can he stay healthy ?" That would be the only concern with Crowder...ZT has proven he can stay healthy...

MelbournePhin said:
the scary thing is, is that crowder has the potential and ability to be much much better than zach.:shakeno:

- Let's see if he can get on the field in the NFL first.

South Florida said:
..much much much better speed, and equal to better strength.
!

So did probably 20 linebackers drafted ahead of Z. Thomas the year he came out.

Mr Yu said:
MelbournePhin said:
the scary thing is, is that crowder has the potential and ability to be much much better than zach.:shakeno:

- Let's see if he can get on the field in the NFL first.

thats exactly why I referred to POTENTIAL. :shakeno:

MelbournePhin said:
Mr Yu said:
thats exactly why I referred to POTENTIAL. :shakeno:

- Then " IF "with that untested , undetermined POTENTIAL , he'll become a first ballot HOFamer. I love it already.

Zach is so much more smarter and more instinctive than Crowder. Zach is good because hes probably got the best instincts in the league at the LB position.

Back
Top Bottom