Now that Moore is gone for 2003, I would really like to see Corey Jenkins step in... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Moore is gone for 2003, I would really like to see Corey Jenkins step in...

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I was very unfortunate to learn that Eddy Moore will be gone for the rest of the season. I am pretty upset right now and I hope Eddy Hangs in there because he isn't the only one.

Now we should push Corey Jenkins up and I really like the kid. He is all over the ball and can make some good hits despite that his tackling technique isn't there but its understandable.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I was very unfortunate to learn that Eddy Moore will be gone for the rest of the season. I am pretty upset right now and I hope Eddy Hangs in there because he isn't the only one.

Now we should push Corey Jenkins up and I really like the kid. He is all over the ball and can make some good hits despite that his tackling technique isn't there but its understandable.

This was exactly my first thought when I saw the bad news. Jenkins has looked great by most accounts, and I'd like to see him now compete with Greenwood for that same spot......

Jenkins will push through. I was very happy to hear that after his first nfl game, he said he had so much fun and that is what you want out of your players. He was happy out there to make those nice hits and to show that he can play in the nfl. He has good football speed despite of his below 4.5-4.6 times. I really like this guy and I hope he can make a name for himself.

Jenkins will produce.

The Eddy Moore news is like a kick in the gut.

Hope we see alot of 4-2-5 defense. but i wish the best for mr. jenkins

make em' run against us thats our strength. then we bring sammy up if their really trying to grind it out and run the ball down our throat or on obvious running downs bring him a few steps in to get a head start on the play. it's something we don't really do much of but c'mon we can't let em' sit back and know what were going to do on defense every week.

Eddie Moore is a big loss, the #1 backup LB on the Phins. His tackling technique and placement, angles and everything were lightyears ahead of Corey Jenkins.

Crash Jenkins is.....raw as sushi. He makes plays. Thats good. But making plays is only good for part time. It gives us hope for the future for him...but you have to be able to make the bread and butter plays too. Especially at SAM linebacker. Right now I just don't even think that is POSSIBLE for a guy who is only two college games out from being a college quarterback. He's played two games on defense his whole career. Just so happens as a strong safety in those two games he forced 2 fumbles and made 9 solo tackles, 1 assist. His tackling technique is poor at best. He has to try so hard to blow people up that he misses a lot, and even when he connects it isn't a Sammy Knight or Rodney Harrison hit. I think eventually we can teach the guy how to tackle and one day he could be a pretty good linebacker...but asking him to step up to that his rookie year and compete for the start man...I mean that would be like asking an undrafted rookie QB to compete for the start.

But Crash should easily become a fan favorite. Gotta love the effort he puts in on every play. On numerous occasions during the Titans scrimmage and Bucs scrimmage I saw Crash blowin up people that didn't have the ball, thats why I call him crash. One time in the Bucs game I remember the QB faking a handoff to a RB who began to try and leak out of the backfield for a pass and here comes Crash truckin his azz over cuz he thought the QB really did hand the ball off to him. On that goal line stand in the Titans game too you could see Crash like WAY late in the play just blowin this dude up and makin him eat dirt even though the ball-carrier was already down. He thought you had the ball thats all! He's like a characature of a linebacker. Crash Jenkins is zeroing down on you to blow you up...even though you don't have the ball! He's like Terry Tate office linebacker. Crash breaks into John Madden's booth and blows him up BOOM. Sorry John its not Crash's fault he thought you had the ball! Ron Jaworski badmouths Junior Seau and Crash comes into the booth and blows his azz up! I OWN YOU FOOL!

I hear all of you with the love for Corey, and I have it too. But this is a HUGE blow to our depth. Corey is great athlete and has a hunger for the ball like no other, but his inexperience keeps me from being optimstic about our now LB situation. Don't get me wrong, I think Corey can do anything on the field he wants too but it will take time, alot of time.He is lightyears away from being able to make proper NFL reads. If you could only give him one responsibilty, go to the ball, that would be wonderful, but he has to make proper reads, cover, take on the proper blocker, and not bite on the ball fake, and improve his tackeling technique before he is ready for game situations.

I love his potential and his hunger. He will become a force but his presence on this team does not ease the sick feeling that is caused by Moore being lost for the season.

Corey Jenkins

is not close to being an NFL linebacker at this point...

He is just too raw...he'll make the roster...but Greenwood is your linebacker at this point and for the next two years or so.

Corey Jenkins will make the roster, but I don't think he can push for a starting job. He has never played LB before, it will take him a while before he can start in the NFL playing that position.

Well, atleast he's learning to play LB from Mr. Thomas and Seau..

Hopefully he's a quick learner.

Well all i can do is go from what ive seen so far.. and i think this kid has done a great job at LB. He's made plays and been where he needed to be at the time he needed to be there. I wouldnt make a final decision on the kid until preseason is over.. but i think he has earned the chance.

Corey Jenkins

Let's remember that Moore was a just a rookie backup LB. It is a shame he is lost for the season, and one only can pray that he is not a recurrent injury prone guy (i.e Yatil Green, Brent Smith, John Offerdahl). Corey Jenkins also gets my love just because I can see that he is playing his heart out. Yes he is raw, yes he is learning a new position, but if the team pushes him, if Seau and Zach can take him under his wing, then I only see improvement as he is molded into a solid LB. That being said, there are some cheap FA LB's still around who can provide experience at that position. Let's hope this all somehow works out.

man if we're asking alot from a 5th rounder then we really are in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom