Now that Moore is gone for 2003, I would really like to see Corey Jenkins step in... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Moore is gone for 2003, I would really like to see Corey Jenkins step in...

I like Jenkins and I think with more training he'll be something special. The Moore thing sucks but it's not the end of the world, think how he feel;s for a moment.

Let's remember...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Corey Jenkins will make the roster, but I don't think he can push for a starting job. He has never played LB before, it will take him a while before he can start in the NFL playing that position.

Let's remember that Greenwood does NOT suck or anything. He's just not an "awesome" player. My thinking is... Greenwood STAYS the starter. And Jenkins backs him up.

Little by little, I think that the guy DOES eventually get in there. Too much raw talent not to. Plus, he doesn't have to "unlearn" any "bad" technique - he gets to pick it up from two of the best ever! :D

Parrot let it be the last time you name a player with a dumb doggy name. I would name my pet iguana crash but not a dolphins player. Either how, corey has been a good fit in our defense so far in camp and dave wannstead likes the guy and if dave does, coming from a Pittsburgh background...... then he can contribute for our team and become a good player.

Parrot let it be the last time you name a player with a dumb doggy name. I would name my pet iguana crash but not a dolphins player.

"Crash" just happens to be the nickname that was accepted for one of the Dol-Fans most beloved backup players, Jim Jensen. "Crash" Jensen could play QB, WR, TE, just about whatever the heck you wanted him to.

Think before you post.

People, people, we are going to be fine. That's why we have coaches. It doesn't matter what round you get drafted in. All that matters is when the lights come on can a baller ball..I can honestly say Jenkins is going to be a great player, rookie or not..

Crazy, this isn't about what round Jenkins was drafted in. This is about the fact that with the exception of two games in his entire college career, Jenkins has been a QB up to this point. And those two games, he was a safety. The guy is playing linebacker for the first time in his life. His tackling technique is downright poor we've been through this. The plays you see him make, are outnumbered by the plays you can see him miss if you look closely, which I have. And no, Morlon Greenwood is not similar.

I think Jenkins is mature enough to learn how to play LB as soon as possible.. He is really good even though he has some problems with setting up right for a tackle.. He is 27 and he will learn fast...

Parrot, liek I said, if you say Corey "crash" Jenkings" again you will have a serious problem with me. I am pretty serious and if you want to get it on man to man then I can give you my phone number and we can meet up somewhere. I am not here to talk about JJ.

lol....... calm down parrot im messing with you

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash

JENKINS

:)

I think Crash is a gangly white guy name. lol

Originally posted by Muck
I think Crash is a gangly white guy name. lol

:roflmao:

That's too funny... in H.S. I hung out with a guy we called "Crash" (his last name was Krashnak)...and he was a gangly white guy...

Well the Moore loss was tremendous, he had speed to play every down, could play MLB or the outside, and was a natural. Maybe being young he will recover faster and come in fresh for playoff run off the PUP list.

In meantime perhaps you add another lb when someone makes a cut here soon, perhaps even players from a division team so you add some knowledge of their audibles and hot reads , etc.

That Jenkis is like the Raider Ronald Curry, a guy who is too good to deny chance SOMEWHERE, just not at his original position (qb).

The team that used mostly base sets and didnt change covers could get use from jenkins, but the key vet additions and Moore's versatility were a big part of this year's approach to DOlphins game plan.

:pirate: Moore is a diamond when healthy. Long year from the looks of it is starting now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will probably take more than 6 months for him to fully heal. At least he will be here in Miami next year-hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom