Now that Surtain and Knight are gone who will be our PLAYMAKERS in the secondary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Surtain and Knight are gone who will be our PLAYMAKERS in the secondary?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
Surtain and Knight made all the plays and ints last year...who will step up and make the plays now?

Madison will have to be the leader, Safety position is anyones guess at the moment.

I think the world will know a young guy by the name of Y. Bell when all is said and done. He may not start, but I got a feeling we will be seeing a lot of him and the ball going the other way.

FanMarino said:
Madison will have to be the leader, Safety position is anyones guess at the moment.
But can he play like the Madison of old or will he play like Old Madison?

yeah, Sammy knight made so many plays in his 2 years here :rolleyes:

MDFINFAN said:
I think the world will know a young guy by the name of Y. Bell when all is said and done. He may not start, but I got a feeling we will be seeing a lot of him and the ball going the other way.

Why is that, because he was a sixth rounder who hasn't shown much of anything yet, or because he had to walk on to EASTERN KENTUCKY!!

What is the reason, seriously?? What is this prediction based on?

The best pass defense is a good pass rush.

We don't need to drop back and cover anymore. Sabans gonna have our guys go in and get'em.

Losman7 said:
Why is that, because he was a sixth rounder who hasn't shown much of anything yet, or because he had to walk on to EASTERN KENTUCKY!!

:lol: ahh, someones a little upset over the lack of respect for losman eh?:tongue:

Madison is still solid whenhe has good help around him....

I also think Daniels is going to be a great addition. The thing that surprised me the most about him is that he doesn't look anything like a rookie. I could hardly tell after watching him at camp. He looked better than most of our more experienced DB's out there. Plus, when Poole comes back, he'll be another youngster we can count on for the future....

At S, it's not so cut and dry. Jones is slow in coverage, but he's great in run defending, and tackling. He's not much different than Knight in those regards, and before Knight came to Miami, everyone said he was slow in coverage. He turned out to be a solid player for us in 2004....

I'd like to think our secondary will be in good shape, but there are alot of questionamrks right now. If the DL improves, and get smore pressure up front, the secondary should be fine. You just subtract one strength for the other....

Later...

Losman7 said:

he played well last year when he started. He is a smart athletic safty with great speed.

MDFINFAN said:
Im another one whos going to be looking out for Bell to step up.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
he played well last year when he started. He is a smart athletic safty with great speed.

See, that makes sense. I don't remeber him that well, he didn't do much did he?

ChambersNBoston said:
But can he play like the Madison of old or will he play like Old Madison?
Good point. If Madison plays OLD then we are in trouble at the DB position. Pooles gone for season and we are getting bare in depth.

Back
Top Bottom