Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

Tua’s not going to slide if he recovers.

Ppl keep saying this, but this injury has a longer recovery time, than exists before the draft.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

If you say you are willing to risk it, fine, but it is likely not possible to know for sure.

I doubt Herbert will still be there. The same weaknesses this roster has that prevent Rosen from excelling with also prevent Herbert. I'd say let another team draft him and they may get good value. Not a fithere.
No QB will excell if we don't solve the line issues, so that's not optional, and really is irrelevant to addressing the QB posistion, as a seperate issue.

I still don’t think Miami will have a top 3 pick but I’m all about Chase Young, Creed Humphrey so far in round one. I’m not sure what I’m doing with the other 1st round pick yet but I’m leaning Jordan Love.

I'm guessing Miami will be taking closer looks at Herbert and others. Now if Fromm, Love and others Return to school for 2020, I could see Miami moving assets into 2021 for a possible scenario, where Miami plays better and is in need of a trading partner, in a potential trade up to select a QB. It's looking like there's a chance the expected great QB class of 2020 may be more like the great QB class of 2021.

Last edited:
I would put the chances that Tua doesn't enter the draft at about 30-50 percent right now. He's either gonna come out and know he is gonna get drafted and paid well below his talent would dictate, but at least have the guarantee of some pay day, or he could gamble on himself, hope his hip socket won't develop AVN and be arthritic, and if so get drafted at a level far more appropriate for his talent level.

Doubtful. Bet he has an insurance policy if he doesn’t get drafted in the first that would void if he stayed in school and didn’t return to form. Redshirting isn’t an option for him as who knows if Alabama would wait for him when they could bring in the next 5 star freshmen that would have 3 years with. He’d be an idiot not to come out this year. At worst he’s not making it past the 2nd round. If he stays and plays next year at Alabama and doesn’t perform he could be not drafted all together. You come out when you’re hot and even though he’s hurt, he’s still one of the best prospects to come out in years

I still don’t think Miami will have a top 3 pick but I’m all about Chase Young, Creed Humphrey so far in round one. I’m not sure what I’m doing with the other 1st round pick yet but I’m leaning Jordan Love.

I think Miami is third at the moment, behind the Bengals and Redskins. If the Bengals mess around and beat the Raiders the Dolphins could still be in the hunt.

I'm guessing Miami will be taking closer looks at Herbert and others. Now if Fromm, Love and others Return to school for 2020, I could see Miami moving assets into 2021 for a possible scenario, where Miami plays better and is in need for a trading partner, in a potential trade up to select a QB. It's looking like there's a chance the expected great QB class of 2020 may be more like the great QB class of 2021.
How do you know they weren’t taking closer looks already? For all we know Tua may not have been their target. I do know our scouts have been to multiple college games to get close looks at different players.

No QB will excell if we don't solve the line issues, so that's not optional, and really is irrelevant to addressing the QB posistion, as a seperate issue.

No it's not. You can't draft the answer at QB if the guy's weaknesses will be exposed repeatedly on our team. Yes, all QB's will struggle when the line sucks. But the reason why Fitz is starting on this team and Rosen isn't is because Fitz struggle's less. The team is too afraid that a Rosen offense will be a non-starter on this team to even throw him out there to evaluate.

I'm not gonna act like NFL teams don't tend to draft who they perceive as the most talented without evaluating whether or not that player will have success in their system. The do. The things is, NFL teams can be pretty dumb. They miss on more QB's than they hit on. They draft guys like Jamarcus Russell and EJ Manuel highly.

How do you know they weren’t taking closer looks already? For all we know Tua may not have been their target. I do know our scouts have been to multiple college games to get close looks at different players.
Just a figure of speech on my part. Miami has been scouting players. I know they scouted Herbert a lot over the last 2 seasons.

I think you draft Tua with one of the 1st round picks and then double-up with a 2nd or 3rd round QB. Jalen Hurts or Jordan Love if available, as insurance. Let the chips fall where they may.

Jalen Hurts doesn't have NFL caliber passing skills and the last few weeks should have made that plenty evident.

Doubtful. Bet he has an insurance policy if he doesn’t get drafted in the first that would void if he stayed in school and didn’t return to form. Redshirting isn’t an option for him as who knows if Alabama would wait for him when they could bring in the next 5 star freshmen that would have 3 years with. He’d be an idiot not to come out this year. At worst he’s not making it past the 2nd round. If he stays and plays next year at Alabama and doesn’t perform he could be not drafted all together. You come out when you’re hot and even though he’s hurt, he’s still one of the best prospects to come out in years

That will play in and its something that's hard to factor.

I'm guessing Miami will be taking closer looks at Herbert and others. Now if Fromm, Love and others Return to school for 2020, I could see Miami moving assets into 2021 for a possible scenario, where Miami plays better and is in need of a trading partner, in a potential trade up to select a QB. It's looking like there's a chance the expected great QB class of 2020 may be more like the great QB class of 2021.

I doubt Tua's injury make it less likely for these fringe guys to come out. Not with Sunshine in next year's draft.

Back
Top Bottom