Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

I went to the trouble of doing some research. Obviously, not all situations are equal. He's not an 80 yr old grandma, who's fallen, and cant get up.

The prognosis for the dislocation, and additional fracture is 6 month put full weight, a year for normal activity.

There isn't a lot of data for world class athletes, returning to form.

Check out this article. Explains why the chances for problems with the socket can't be ruled out and will be pretty hard to predict.

Check out this article. Explains why the chances for problems with the socket can't be ruled out and will be pretty hard to predict.

Yep, basically the same thing I read in a Forbes article ealier today.

That's why I keep saying that there is no possibility he will be medically cleared, or even have an idea if/when that will even happen ever, before the draft.

I know it's hard for some to let go, so they grudgingly give up the overall #1 pick, and say things like "take him later in rd1", but reality is, it's a real long shot that he gets drafted in tge first two days, if at all.

The Dolphins, in particular, aren't good enough to have the luxury of burning picks for a guy that won't play for 2 years, may never be what he once was, and possibly may never play again.

I encourage ppl to read the link you provided, as well as others. This is not a broken leg, or acl tear. This is a much more serious, and debilitating injury.

I am concerned once it happens once it is a weakness and can happen again. It did not seem like a huge hit to cause it either. This is such a huge draft for us and taking Tua early now is out of the question. Young or Thomas
That's what I was saying. The guys with Tua colored glasses though, said he had 600 lbs land on him.

I don’t know how you can read that article and say “take Tua with the top pick no matter what”

it says it could take a year for the ball to die from blood flow issues. It made it seem as though you don’t know until it doesn’t die. Then the Bo Jackson angle is pretty scary. They say his hip loosened after 3-4 years, which necessitated a hip replacement and that finished him.

that is far too much uncertainty for a top pick

Lol, these “draft Tua” posters...maybe with a day 3 pick. These post are great entertainment from a fantasy perspective.

After reading the article I have changed my mind in regards to the Dolphins selecting Tua in the first round, even if the medical staff clears him. While I hope Tua has a full recovery and a long NFL career I just don’t think
the Dolphins are in a position to risk a high draft pick on him.

My only concern is that the Patriots will draft him and let him sit and recover behind Brady for a year. Once he is fully recovered he will then be playing the Dolphins twice a year for the next decade plus as a New England Patriot.

After reading the article I have changed my mind in regards to the Dolphins selecting Tua in the first round, even if the medical staff clears him. While I hope Tua has a full recovery and a long NFL career I just don’t think
the Dolphins are in a position to risk a high draft pick on him.

My only concern is that the Patriots will draft him and let him sit and recover behind Brady for a year. Once he is fully recovered he will then be playing the Dolphins twice a year for the next decade plus as a New England Patriot.

Me too. That article did a great job of breaking down how many hurdles he has to clear to play ever again. It’s all about his body responding to things in the proper way and the precise nature of the injury itself...both of which are unknowns at this time and both of which require a ton of luck.

The freak nature of the injury, hearing it usually only happens to people in severe car accidents, threw me a bit too. The body essentially isn’t built to come back from it since it is so rare.

Now I gotta watch more Herbert tape. Hopefully if the prognosis and recovery are stellar come April we can grab Tua with one of the extra picks we collected to double down but he can’t be our lone QB in this draft.

draft Tua at 4...
You mean draft him in the 4th round, right? Because if you take the time to read the article above, you will realize it would be foolish to draft him with any of the Dolphins first round picks.

You mean draft him in the 4th round, right? Because if you take the time to read the article above, you will realize it would be foolish to draft him with any of the Dolphins first round picks.
Doesn’t matter to some of these fans. They will keep pushing to take him with top pick.

I've come to realize that no matter how badly a player is hurt the fans who have a fixation on that player, could care less about the players health; as long as he's selected by The Miami Dolphins at #4. They don't care about the great potential of Failure if Miami selects said player. They don't care as long as that player is a 1st round pick of Miami. They could care less about the medical evidence suggesting the potential of an unlikely complete healthy return of said player. All they care about is pushing the agenda That Tua, is better than other players even if he's playing on One Goddamn Leg!!! They don't give 2 chits about his health. PERIOD!!! They are clinging to hope Tua miraculously becomes the savior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom