Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

Are they really any better, or just younger? I realize Tua is very talented, but are we really going to throw away another season just for a chance he might recover and be able to play? I for one hope not. Maybe the bengals will draft Herbert, the redskins will take young, and Burrow falls to us. That’s seems more realistic IMO

It think you weigh that option and I really like Burrow, if he happens to fall to us, then we got lucky.

With that said, I do draft Tua (again, this isn't a "draft him over another QB, more based on the oppertunity), because he is an elite talent that I would hate to pass on.

what else would you expect them to say? Short of complete him replacement, they are going to do everything they can to get him recovered. That does not change the reality of his type of injury.

my roommate in college dislocated a hip when he was 16 in a car accident. He told me that was the single most pain he ever experienced. They wouldn’t sedate him to relocate it. His dad said that he went feral and tried to physically harm the staff while they did it. Afterwards the doctors told him he would never run again or play sports unless he was a one in a million case. He ended up playing out his HS football career and won a state championship wrestling. He also played lacrosse (albeit slowly) with me in college

We'll know more after the surgery and between now and the draft I'm sure everyone will have a better understanding of his recovery odds than they had 24 hours after the injury.

We won't truely know his situation until after the surgery on Monday, but today the doctors said they expect him to make a full recovery.
Not even close to being the full story.

That was the teams initial statement, but if you look into some unbias medical opinions, the prognosis is not good, and even if it were, the timeline is closer to years than months.

It is now known that there was not only a dislocation, but a fracture. That's what the surgery is for, and involves metal plates being screwed on to realign the bone, as well as removal of any bone fragments.

Even if all that is perfectly successful, there are no gaurantees.

When they say full recovery, it may mean to lead a normal life, not to be a world class athlete, in a brutal contact sport.

As i said in another post, this is not a broken leg, or ACL. It's several degrees more serious.

One article stated this type of damage usually only happens in car accidents.

We'll know more after the surgery and between now and the draft I'm sure everyone will have a better understanding of his recovery odds than they had 24 hours after the injury.
You are still dismissing reality.

In the best case, it is 6 months to walk without crutches, and a year to have normal day to day function.

The draft is in a few months, and we will no nothing by then. Do you think he has some superhuman recuperative powers?

Of course he does. He's cult tua.
I guess I didn't realize how far they would go to completely ignore reality, medical facts, and common sense.

I mean I knew they tended towards an irrational infatuation. Meh, it happens, but now it's like Hitler moving non existent troops, and imaginary armies around his map board, completely oblivious to the Russians that surrounded Berlin.

I guess I didn't realize how far they would go to completely ignore reality, medical facts, and common sense.

I mean I knew they tended towards an irrational infatuation. Meh, it happens, but now it's like Hitler moving non existent troops, and imaginary armies around his map board, completely oblivious to the Russians that surrounded Berlin.
Yes it’s been pretty bad. Still wanting to take him with pick 4 before we really even know anything.

You are still dismissing reality.

In the best case, it is 6 months to walk without crutches, and a year to have normal day to day function.

The draft is in a few months, and we will no nothing by then. Do you think he has some superhuman recuperative powers?

So you're saying doctors won't have any more of an idea his odds of recovery in 6 months from now than they have right now? And you're saying there's no chance he'll play in 2021? I guess there's no need to discuss his situation any further than.

So you're saying doctors won't have any more of an idea his odds of recovery in 6 months from now than they have right now? And you're saying there's no chance he'll play in 2021? I guess there's no need to discuss his situation any further than.
They may know more in six months, but no, he's not playing next season, period, unless faith healers are a real phenomenon.

There is one thing that no one seems to be talking about, and rightfully so. Because it's unknown territory. It's the residual effects of the injury post surgery. To me that is the most important part. Even If surgery is deemed successful, it's the residual effects that will make or break Tua's ability to return to his elite playing capabilities.

I was never on the Tua bandwagon because I don’t know enough about CFB. I want a stud Qb as much as anyone but I can also appreciate the 49ers current model. Tuas injury is horrific- I remember when Dennis Pitta has the dislocated hip injuries and they said he could lose his leg. A dislocated hip is worse than an ankle or a knee

Is that sarcasm? He was talking about minkah Fitzpatrick

edit: so no one thinks I’m crazy. The post I replied to has disappeared.

Last edited:
I was never on the Tua bandwagon because I don’t know enough about CFB. I want a stud Qb as much as anyone but I can also appreciate the 49ers current model. Tuas injury is horrific- I remember when Dennis Pitta has the dislocated hip injuries and they said he could lose his leg. A dislocated hip is worse than an ankle or a knee
If it were "just" a dislocated hip, that's bad enough, but he also has a fracture of the posterior socket, which complicates things considerably.

If it were "just" a dislocated hip, that's bad enough, but he also has a fracture of the posterior socket, which complicates things considerably.

I hate to say it, but with that type of injury he has a higher probability of being Marcus Lattimore than Jaylon Smith.

I truly hope he recovers. But, if I were forced to bet, I would put money on collecting his insurance policy

Back
Top Bottom