Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

I went to the trouble of doing some research. Obviously, not all situations are equal. He's not an 80 yr old grandma, who's fallen, and cant get up.

The prognosis for the dislocation, and additional fracture is 6 month put full weight, a year for normal activity.

There isn't a lot of data for world class athletes, returning to form.
I hope that is the case for Tua.

I really want the team to get a multi-dimensional quarterback. The top 10 in the NFL are almost all in that category minus Brady.

Tua was that kind of player, but without the injury he might not have been available at Miami's pick.

Perhaps the team is best served to load up on BPA and take a stab at a developmental quarterback like Love in the draft.

Herbert is probably the most likely scenario, but I'm just not sure with him.
That's because Shady is overrated. I'd expect this kind of nearsightedness from Miami folk, but from someone near me? So disappointed

Well, if we were to draft Tua with whatever pick, you absolutely draft another QB to try to groom too. Maybe they give it a go with Fitz, Rosen, Tua. Or, I would prefer to bring in a Love or Eason or someone else too if available on day 2. We have a multitude of picks, why not take 2 of them. This rebuild is all dependant on a qb anyways, take a shot

Well, if we were to draft Tua with whatever pick, you absolutely draft another QB to try to groom too. Maybe they give it a go with Fitz, Rosen, Tua. Or, I would prefer to bring in a Love or Eason or someone else too if available on day 2. We have a multitude of picks, why not take 2 of them. This rebuild is all dependant on a qb anyways, take a shot
I definitely think we should double up on QBs.

I think this has to be the strategy. Just look at 2012. #1 and #2 QB are no longer starters in the league and the best of the bunch was taken in Round 3. Got to maximize chances by taking at least 2 in this draft IMO, especially if one of them is Tua given his injury history.

Yep, basically the same thing I read in a Forbes article ealier today.

That's why I keep saying that there is no possibility he will be medically cleared, or even have an idea if/when that will even happen ever, before the draft.

I know it's hard for some to let go, so they grudgingly give up the overall #1 pick, and say things like "take him later in rd1", but reality is, it's a real long shot that he gets drafted in tge first two days, if at all.

The Dolphins, in particular, aren't good enough to have the luxury of burning picks for a guy that won't play for 2 years, may never be what he once was, and possibly may never play again.

I encourage ppl to read the link you provided, as well as others. This is not a broken leg, or acl tear. This is a much more serious, and debilitating injury.
The odds are definitely stacked against him, there is a much higher likelihood that complications will prevent him from ever playing again then they are for healing 100% without any issues. They are recommending he sit out 2020 and there is still no guarantee he'll be able to play after that. I can't see anyone drafting in hopes he will play in 2021, too much can go wrong by then and no one is going to invest that kind of money. The risk is too high. Even after the surgery, there is no guarantee it will heal without further issue. Some of these posters don't get the severity of his injury and think he'll be fine once he has the surgery and heals up. The surgery is the least significant factor in determining whether he'll play again or not. I hope he plays again but it doesn't look too promising, he's got a long road in front of him. That article explains it all.

You never know we might trade down with one or even two, of the 1st round picks. Just to have a extra pick to take him. It’s a gamble that could pay off, but I wouldn’t do it tell the late part of round 1.
Not happening, the odds are not in his favor. There's a greater chance he never plays again vs healing 100%.

Well we been burn w bress. Take chance in 2nd or 3rd round

Read it. Let me know what you think afterward...

Reading this is so disturbing. I just hope the guy can have a functioning active life again. Sounds like a horrible injury.

I don’t think the Dolphins can risk a top 5 pick on him now. I wouldn’t rule out using one of the late 1sts to be honest just because the Dolphins have been so bad at drafting at that draft position anyway. I would take a flyer on him in Day 2 or 3 regardless.

But I absolutely would draft another top QB prospect too, perhaps Love in the late 1st or 2nd round.

Reading this is so disturbing. I just hope the guy can have a functioning active life again. Sounds like a horrible injury.

I don’t think the Dolphins can risk a top 5 pick on him now. I wouldn’t rule out using one of the late 1sts to be honest just because the Dolphins have been so bad at drafting at that draft position anyway. I would take a flyer on him in Day 2 or 3 regardless.

But I absolutely would draft another top QB prospect too, perhaps Love in the late 1st or 2nd round.
It's scary reading this. The expert doesn't seem very optimistic that he'll play. That's what I'm reading. It's more serious than it sounds on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom