Now what ? 2020 QB? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now what ? 2020 QB?

Read it. Let me know what you think afterward...
Breaks my heart honestly, but i’m not counting this kid out. Just going to pray that surgery/recovery goes perfect. Be easier to figure out what he’ll do when that progresses. He got his hip reduced at the stadium so the article is wrong on that part, I feel like he’s looking at worst case scenario and saying that will likely happen. I don’t think that’s the case. He’s got the best medical staff in the country to his demand and that matters.

Last edited:
Read the article I posted just above your post. You will change your thinking...

Nope.

Speculation with a negative slant.

At any point in that article did they reveal that the dislocation was resolved at the site...BEFORE he was helicoptered out, thereby reducing the chance of necrosis tenfold?

No? Because that’s what occurred.

Tua people:

It really astounds me what some will do to suit their personal agendas.

I’m a Dolphins fan. Tua seems a great option toward the Fins success down the road.

Labeling someone “Tua people” to somehow denigrate their opinion as opposed to yours seems stupid, if you value being “right” over the success of the Fins.

Nope.

Speculation with a negative slant.

At any point in that article did they reveal that the dislocation was resolved at the site...BEFORE he was helicoptered out, thereby reducing the chance of necrosis tenfold?

No? Because that’s what occurred.
It may have been resolved onsite but the concern would be if there were any bone fragments left in the socket, they may have to dislocate it again to clean it out or repair it. He did fracture his pelvis, that wasn't fixed on site. The necrosis occurs when there is damage to the blood vessels, that won't be known until they open him up and have a better look at the extent of the damage. He is not speculating on this particular event, he simply is stating the facts as what is generally expected in the majority of these type injuries since he has extensive experience dealing with them. I don't know either way I just posted the story for all the people who think he will be ballroom dancing in 4 months. He may very well come back or he may not, time will tell...

It may have been resolved onsite but the concern would be if there were any bone fragments left in the socket, they may have to dislocate it again to clean it out or repair it. He did fracture his pelvis, that wasn't fixed on site. The necrosis occurs when there is damage to the blood vessels, that won't be known until they open him up and have a better look at the extent of the damage. He is not speculating on this particular event, he simply is stating the facts as what is generally expected in the majority of these type injuries since he has extensive experience dealing with them. I don't know either way I just posted the story for all the people who think he will be ballroom dancing in 4 months. He may very well come back or he may not, time will tell...

Oh, that last bit is certain. We’re not going to know anything for certain for a long time.

But...one of my favorites phases: The juice is worth the squeeze. Tua is absolutely worth the risk with one of the first round picks.

Now...and please listen to me here: There are people who will tell you that the worst case scenario is that the Dolphins spend a first round pick on Tua and he never plays a down and the Dolphins waste that pick.

And that’s a lie.

The worst case scenario is the Dolphins repeating the decision to pass on FA Drew Brees post-injury.

The worst case scenario is to not take your shot.

Because Holy **** would I rather take my shot and miss rather than not take that shot in the first place.

Oh, that last bit is certain. We’re not going to know anything for certain for a long time.

But...one of my favorites phases: The juice is worth the squeeze. Tua is absolutely worth the risk with one of the first round picks.

Now...and please listen to me here: There are people who will tell you that the worst case scenario is that the Dolphins spend a first round pick on Tua and he never plays a down and the Dolphins waste that pick.

And that’s a lie.

The worst case scenario is the Dolphins repeating the decision to pass on FA Drew Brees post-injury.

The worst case scenario is to not take your shot.

Because Holy **** would I rather take my shot and miss rather than not take that shot in the first place.
We have to do something to break the mediocrity. I hope the kid comes back from this regardless of who he plays for, would be a shame if he doesn't...

It really astounds me what some will do to suit their personal agendas.

I’m a Dolphins fan. Tua seems a great option toward the Fins success down the road.

Labeling someone “Tua people” to somehow denigrate their opinion as opposed to yours seems stupid, if you value being “right” over the success of the Fins.
He's not a great option, in my not so humble opinion. My opinion is not so humble, because I'm a poster on the internet...

Yeah, Iabel people as "tua people," because there are fanatical people that think we can't succeed without drafting that midget.

I could be wrong. He could be the second coming of 1/2 of Marino.

You could continue to use word wizardry to insult me, but if you've read my posts, I'm all in on the Dolphins. I've been a devoted fan since before their loss to the Redskins in the Super Bowl. I'm not from Miami, so I have no peer pressure to cling to my team.

Wait. What's my personal agenda again?

Chase Young first pick. Jalen Hurts the 2nd pick and Tyler B with our 3rd first round pick. I was dead set against a running qb but I feel this owner last year wanted Jackson who brings a different dynamic will be pushing hard for Hurts.

you can wait until the third round for Hurts and I don’t think he can play at the NFL level but I like two of your three picks. You think Tyler B is better than Creed Humphrey?

He's not a great option, in my not so humble opinion. My opinion is not so humble, because I'm a poster on the internet...

Yeah, Iabel people as "tua people," because there are fanatical people that think we can't succeed without drafting that midget.

I could be wrong. He could be the second coming of 1/2 of Marino.

You could continue to use word wizardry to insult me, but if you've read my posts, I'm all in on the Dolphins. I've been a devoted fan since before their loss to the Redskins in the Super Bowl. I'm not from Miami, so I have no peer pressure to cling to my team.

Wait. What's my personal agenda again?

I wish I knew.

Once you used “Tua people,” you created a division. That’s on you.

Being 6'0" is now being a midget... Got it... He once asked me how old I was, I'm starting to wonder the same about him with his slander on someone he doesn't even know personally. Ignorance at its finest.

you can wait until the third round for Hurts and I don’t think he can play at the NFL level but I like two of your three picks. You think Tyler B is better than Creed Humphrey?

Hurts certainly doesn't have the natural QB traits of Tua or Burrow but I will give him one thing which it seems Tua doesn't have at least at college level and thats taking a hit & carrying on.

Ok - his size helps immensely but I was impressed with the amount of hits he was taking from a hard hitting Baylor Bears defence on Saturday night & he just kept on going without flinching. No chance Tua would have survived those continuous hits, even though I doubt Saban would draw up many QB draws for Tua.

Anyway, Hurts certainly isn't Luck or Brady QB material but if he does get picked up by an NFL team I for one won't question his durability.

You mean draft him in the 4th round, right? Because if you take the time to read the article above, you will realize it would be foolish to draft him with any of the Dolphins first round picks.

I'm still in mourning...

Hurts certainly doesn't have the natural QB traits of Tua or Burrow but I will give him one thing which it seems Tua doesn't have at least at college level and thats taking a hit & carrying on.

Ok - his size helps immensely but I was impressed with the amount of hits he was taking from a hard hitting Baylor Bears defence on Saturday night & he just kept on going without flinching. No chance Tua would have survived those continuous hits, even though I doubt Saban would draw up many QB draws for Tua.

Anyway, Hurts certainly isn't Luck or Brady QB material but if he does get picked up by an NFL team I for one won't question his durability.

In this case durability isn’t the issue. Those hits add up. I don’t care how strong Hurts is he has to avoid those hits at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom