Now who would you like to see starting at LE??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now who would you like to see starting at LE???

Who would you like to see start at LE??

• Ogunleye

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Burnett

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Bowens

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Williams

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
How big is Ogunleye? I thought he was a light pass rushing type DE. If that is the case, he's probably more suited to supplying depth behind Jason Taylor. Bowens has a little heft, though he's a little short. His forte has also been rushing the passer. Burnett is probably your best bet as an all around LDE, assuming he can come back from a sub par year.

BTW I'm not trying to rag on you over this. I know Buffalo has issues at LDE too. At least Miami has the benefit of some experience in Burnett at the position. In Buffalo we think we might have some guys with some talent, but none of them have ever done anything in the NFL. In that respect you guys are better off.

Actually, we will most likely see many different versions of units, depending on who is hot, and such. I think the nickel and dime line could be: D-Bo. O-Gun, JT, and Burnett/Williams.

This was a year that O-Gun was supposed to show up and try and take some time away from other people, but honestly I don't see him playing ahead of Jay Williams or Rob Burnett pretty much at any time in the season barring injury

i really don't care if Jay Feidler plays LDE as long as who ever does has a break out year. Thats the funny thing about this league, we can all sit here and over analyze all the stats, but you never know when the NFL will give a dog like Lamar Smith a bone, or break another like Sterling Sharpe. For all we know David Bowens could end up leading the NFL in sacks, unlikely but look what Trace did 2 years ago. You just never know.

Well I don't think you can make a case for no analyzation or prediction but I can see what you're saying. There's just a myriad of factors involved here and its impossible to foresee them all. Who knew Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would come so close to leading the NFL in sacks (before Strahan became Superman)?

Interesting that you should mention David Bowens though because of how similar he is to Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor was drafted out of Akron in I believe the 3rd round by Jimmy and Jimmy gave the kid a chance to prove himself right away. Not only did he get a chance but we stuck with him through thick and thin, through all the questions about whether or not the kid could possibly hold up against the run and stuff like that. He got better and now we're benefitting from our patience with him.

David Bowens has had a rough go. He was drafted in the 3rd round but in some ways he blew his chances and in other ways he never HAD a chance. He had off-field issues, he had a bunch of money and was spending it and getting into trouble. He says he's learned from that. He wasn't motivated or dedicated. Its POSSIBLE, that now he is. He's been cut a number of times for being a disappointment. Jason Taylor can do incredible things, things that DEs just can't do. He's extremely fast, extremely agile, and yet really strong for his weight. In that way he's pretty much a unique DE in the league, much like Warren Sapp is a unique DT in the league. But from accounts that I've heard, and confirmed by Ozzy I believe, D.Bo fits JT's mold near perfectly. He's extremely fast, has a motor that doesn't stop running, and can do things that pretty much we dont know any other DE besides Taylor could do. The guy plays on SPECIAL TEAMS as a DE. If that doesn't tell ya enough, then check out his camps with the speed and agility drills he often comes in 2nd only to JT and is head and shoulders above the other guys. Ozzy confirmed this I believe. What D.Bo hasn't done is get battle tested. What he doesn't have is experience. But I honestly believe that what we have in D.Bo is AT LEAST another Lorenzo Brommell, and possibly another JT. I'm a believer.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I don't think you can make a case for no analyzation or prediction but I can see what you're saying. There's just a myriad of factors involved here and its impossible to foresee them all. Who knew Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would come so close to leading the NFL in sacks (before Strahan became Superman)?

Interesting that you should mention David Bowens though because of how similar he is to Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor was drafted out of Akron in I believe the 3rd round by Jimmy and Jimmy gave the kid a chance to prove himself right away. Not only did he get a chance but we stuck with him through thick and thin, through all the questions about whether or not the kid could possibly hold up against the run and stuff like that. He got better and now we're benefitting from our patience with him.

David Bowens has had a rough go. He was drafted in the 3rd round but in some ways he blew his chances and in other ways he never HAD a chance. He had off-field issues, he had a bunch of money and was spending it and getting into trouble. He says he's learned from that. He wasn't motivated or dedicated. Its POSSIBLE, that now he is. He's been cut a number of times for being a disappointment. Jason Taylor can do incredible things, things that DEs just can't do. He's extremely fast, extremely agile, and yet really strong for his weight. In that way he's pretty much a unique DE in the league, much like Warren Sapp is a unique DT in the league. But from accounts that I've heard, and confirmed by Ozzy I believe, D.Bo fits JT's mold near perfectly. He's extremely fast, has a motor that doesn't stop running, and can do things that pretty much we dont know any other DE besides Taylor could do. The guy plays on SPECIAL TEAMS as a DE. If that doesn't tell ya enough, then check out his camps with the speed and agility drills he often comes in 2nd only to JT and is head and shoulders above the other guys. Ozzy confirmed this I believe. What D.Bo hasn't done is get battle tested. What he doesn't have is experience. But I honestly believe that what we have in D.Bo is AT LEAST another Lorenzo Brommell, and possibly another JT. I'm a believer.

Good post, but Bowens was drafted in the 5th round.

http://www.nfl.com/players/133231_bios.htm

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Very Good Post CK

Yep CK I am with you on that. I think that D.Bowens will shine this year. I loved the way he went all out on every play last year. I believe now that he has had a full year in our system and our whole team have completely embraced him just look out. I watch him during mini-camp and he has a non-stop motor. I remember last year in the 2nd NE game, when we onside kick the ball, D.Bowens level that mother****er with a perfect hit. I was just wondering how the hell did that guy hang on to the ball. But honestly I believe his going to have a hell of a year.

I want Burnett and Williams to rotate and keep each other fresh and JT can join the rotation on some plays. This would make our DEs a lot better. :)

Has anyone noticed how JJ was about looking for the diamonds in the rough, but Dave almost tries not to find them. Dave is all about giving his pre picked starters every chance possible to make it, but almost refuses to give anyone else a look. Like last year with Lamar. It wasn't untill like 8 mediocre games that he even would put Minor in for a play or 2. Same thing with JJ Johnson. He was 2nd on our depth chart to start the season, even though Minor out played him in pre season and in training camp. Same goes for Chambers. He out played all of our WRs last year, but never made it out of the 3 wr slot. The same could even be said for D Bowens. He was in on like 10 plays last year, and almost every time he hit the feild he made something happen, but Dave refused to let him get more time over Mixon and Bromell, who in my opinon stunk it up.

Back
Top Bottom