Number two QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number two QB?

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
I like what I saw out of Sage, and Griese just didn't impress me at all. Maybe since Sage has a year under his belt in Norv's system, he would actually be the better number two guy?

I might be completely wrong, but it's worth a thought.

He had our starting players too.

Originally posted by dolfan87
I like what I saw out of Sage, and Griese just didn't impress me at all. Maybe since Sage has a year under his belt in Norv's system, he would actually be the better number two guy?

I might be completely wrong, but it's worth a thought.

admit it, you had the cursor over the submit button before the game was over....I was gonna start this topic! :(

Our starting receivers weren't huge options for griese and I saw everything down the stretch. Simmons came out as the best option for today and chambers deserves to be benched for dropping that pass. It wasn't the prettiest thrown pass but in this league you have to make better catches than that.

Originally posted by MIADolFan
Remember that griese has only been in our system for 1 month or just over....can only be so good

This is true, but he has played football most of his life, and it did not look like it tonight.

The one thing is that preseason mean nothing.

Originally posted by MIADolFan
Remember that griese has only been in our system for 1 month or just over....can only be so good

That's my point. Sage has the experience in Norv's system, and he has shown (third stringers or not) to make the correct reads, and can hit the players downfield.

Griese just doesn't have the time in the system, and wouldn't that hurt us more than Sage's rawness?

This same thing happened last year, guys.

Remember last years preseason when Ray Lucas played soooooooo well in the preseason, and Fiedler was just mediocre? ...and when the coaches left Fiedler as the starter and fans started to boo him while he played? Remember what happened when Lucas did have his opportunity to start?

All I'm saying is, have faith in our coaches. If they think Griese is our #2 guy, then he's our #2 guy.

Griese is our number two for a reason. Wait until he learns the system, then he will do good. Plus Rosennfels heated up against the 3rd Stringers.

Coming home from the game one of the topics on WQAM was Brian Griese.

According to the Big O, who says he's been at every single practice, Griese has become the master of the checkoff meaning he won't pull the trigger and throw the ball downfield to the primary receivers. Instead he's looking way too early at the secondary receivers so he can dump the ball off. He's very indecisive and he's getting sacked way too much. From what I saw he has a valid point.

Rosenfels on the other hand has the offense down, he knows what receiver to get the ball to and he makes quick decisions. He was under a lot of pressure all night and almost had two balls picked off but when he did have time he put the ball on target.

Griese has a long way to go before I feel comfortable with him in the game.

Brian Griese=Rob Johnson

Not being inflammatory, just from the comments in this thread and also the replays I saw on ESPN. Maybe once he gets more familar with youir offense things will change, but we Bills fans said much of the same.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Brian Griese=Rob Johnson

no offense taken....I almost made this EXACT post DURING the game last night....decided to wait a few more plays before jumping to that conclusion and eventually forgot about it but, that describes what I saw last night to a "T".

Now we have a back-up QB controversy. lol

But based on last night performance it may be valid. But certainly a decision can not be made yet.

Incredible. I can't believe what I'm reading on this board right now. The guy is new in the sysytem, just started playing with the first team after Jay hurt his back and didn't play a bad game and already people want to dump him. Maybe he was looking off the primary receiver cuz the guy was covered. This was the Bucs they were playing....not exactly the worst secondary in the league. He didn't throw a pick, he didn't fumble and he completed 6 0f 8 (with a some drops). Were all his passes pretty? No. Was taking the sacks good? No. But it's preseason people. Time to work out the kinks. Give the guy a break already. Let him get comfrtable in the system before passing judgement. Gonk and a few of the other guys seem to be the only ones with any sense. If we went by the thinking on this thread, Sage would be the starter because he played better than I ever saw Fiedler play in the preseason. Silly isn't it?!

GO FINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom