Number two QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Number two QB?

I remember people saying who should start Huard or Fiedler, no it s/b Mike Quinn he kicked butt in PS...of course, it was ag. the 3rd stringers and guys that will not make the NFL

Originally posted by dolfan87
I like what I saw out of Sage, and Griese just didn't impress me at all. Maybe since Sage has a year under his belt in Norv's system, he would actually be the better number two guy?

I might be completely wrong, but it's worth a thought.

I keep trying to say to myself this is training camp, this is training camp....

Dolfan87, Greise is the #2, its all about the monies.....

I once started a thread posting a question whether you guys would prefer Sage who knows the system over talent (SOB) in case Feidler went down early in the season. Most of you picked Griese. We'll it's his first preseason game. He'll get better. But like I said in a tightly contested race in the AFCE where one game made a difference, Wanny better get Griese on the same page with the team.

With that being said, if Griese doesn't ge it by the time season start, that should imply that Jay is one smart qb who got Norv's system down when regular season started. If you recall however, Jay didn't really light up in last years preseason games either. Give Griese some time.

Originally posted by dolfan87
I like what I saw out of Sage, and Griese just didn't impress me at all. Maybe since Sage has a year under his belt in Norv's system, he would actually be the better number two guy?

I might be completely wrong, but it's worth a thought.

Are you crazy?
did you not see what happened last year with PUKAS?
Brian has experience, nothing against Sage but he did play the latter half of the game the prevent half!
Go Dolphins!

OK folks...all the people freaking on me need to chill.

To me it was OBVIOUS that Griese was struggling. Getting sacked a few times, not knowing where to go with the ball, ect ect.

Yes this is the first pre-season game, and yes Brian has the rest of this month to get the system down. ALL I am saying is, if I were Wanny, I would want to see both Brian and Sage play with the first string players, and I would want to make an educated decision.

This has nothing to do with Ray Lucas, it has everything to do with Sage possibly being an excellent QB for us some day.

Honestly, I have never been in love with Brian Griese. To me he is a less mobile, less hearted Jay Fiedler. Now the guy could prove me wrong, and if the time comes where he is under center, I hope he does. However Sage has a spark, that I just don't see in Brian, and that's why I want to see him a bit more.

I think Sage deserves a shot to compete for the #2 job. He knows the offense. And therefore he's more decisive and direct. He has the better arm and better mobility. And according to Big O, Sage has been the better QB throughout camp.

Griese is going to get better as he learns the offense. But I'm not sure that Griese should get a free pass at #2 right now. If they compete, I think Sage takes he job right now. And if Griese gets better in subsequent weeks, then elevate him back to the #2 whenever he warrants it.

Sage, when he got into a rhythm, didn't do bad at all, IMO. He did bring the team very close to winning this one. One point, that's it. And besides that we coulda' tied the game up, but didn't. Sage knowing the system made it obvious that Griese needs to put more work in, to be a successful #2 QB in the Fins franchise.

Griese was handed the job, and just like everything else in the NFL his name alone is why he gets to keep it. Doesn't matter if he is being outplayed in camp, or pre-season, just matters that his name is Brian Griese, and Sage is a nobody.

I guess I am a bit tired of the players getting a free pass. I would love to see training camp open up, with everyone having a fair shot at the 1st string. But certain players have to play, and that's just the way it is.

Like I said, Brian may save our season, I am merely going off of what I have read in the TC reports, what I have seen live at the scrimmage, and last night.

I want the most prepared, best players playing...just like the rest of you, but I also want a fair shake for the guys who deserve it.

I think Griese is trying too hard give him time, Dave is not Mike!

Why can't I put a picture at the bottom of my posts? I've downloaded the picture it was succsessful why is the picture not there? please help...anyone!

As I said when first posted here about Brian.. what you see is what you get. That IS Brian. He played perfectly.. for him. That is how he has played the last 4 years, that is probably the way he will always play.

Here is what I said a couple months ago:

- Brian is about as mobile as a rock in a stupor. He gets sacked, and pressured by even one guy. He can't escape, he tends to go down in a heap when pressured.

- He is excellent at short passes.. but that is typically all he does. He always seems to throw to the first open guy, usually under 10 yards. He does't throw long balls but rarely, and when he does, they are usually overthrown.

- He is no leader, not by a long shot. H is introverted, and he most definately puts to much pressure on himself. He chokes because of it.

And from his first game, this is exactly what he did for you guys. He has always had an awesome rating. But that doesn't equate into wins. At least, it rarely did in Denver. :D

He will always post some solid, ok stats. But his complete lack of playmaking ability (no rollouts, etc), his inability to handle pressure, and his insistance of always throwing short little passes will never earn him a SB, imo. You are best keeping him in the backup position!! He is no NFL starter! You will regret it, if he does.

Jake Plummer on the other hand, who has had just as much time in Denver as Brian has in Miami with an offense that is one of the more if not the most complex in the NFL, came off looking great in his first game. He has already brought excitement back, rolling out, making plays.. scored a touchdown on a nice long drive he put together.. he is doing the things Griese never did. Such as hanging on the sidelines, talking to the o-line, going over stuff. Brian never did that, ever. He'll throw down his helmet and sulk, mark my words. :lol:

You'll be fine.. as long as Brian is your backup. Don't be fooled.. he'll never be any different, this IS Brian Griese, and that is how he plays the game.

BroncoFox

Bitter, Bitter, Bitter!
Good luck with Plumber! :lol:
He is an average QB but at least he has a better team and WR's to play with this year!
Go Dolphins!

Sorry, but I think Bronco Fox is telling the truth...

Back
Top Bottom