O.J. McDuffie Says................ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O.J. McDuffie Says................

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
O.J. McDuffie in a recent Dolphin Digest article says:

He wants to see the Dolphins be very agressive on Offense, he says we've been so conservative for so many years. He says we have alot of weapons and he wants to see us use them. He says we're too predictable and wants too see more bombs.

He says the Dolphins are making a mistake not giving Sage Rosenfels a shot at quarterback, he says it should be a three way battle for quarterback. The receivers tell him that they love the way Sage throws the ball. He doesn't understand why Sage hasn't gotten a chance, he says maybe its politics.

O.J., I couldn't agree more..........................................

BlueFin said:

He wants to see the Dolphins be very agressive on Offense, he says we've been so conservative for so many years. He says we have alot of weapons and he wants to see us use them. He says we're too predictable and wants too see more bombs.

He says the Dolphins are making a mistake not giving Sage Rosenfels a shot at quarterback, he says it should be a three way battle for quarterback. The receivers tell him that they love the way Sage throws the ball. He doesn't understand why Sage hasn't gotten a chance, he says maybe its politics.

O.J., I couldn't agree more..........................................

Maybe we should give him the OC job??? :whip2:

There is no chance of S. Rosenfels beating out Feeley / Fiedler. He's simply not good enough. The guy looks like a career 3rd stringer to me...

PHINZ RULE!!! :p4e:

I haven't seen enough of Sage to get a good read on him. I never get the chance to see him in any preseason games out here.

I think its hard for ANY of us to get a good read on Sage. We really haven't seen him enough in GAME situations to make judgement. The one game he did get in (which I was there for) he led us to a score. Until we see him on the field I don't think we can pass judgement. He should get a chance to start as much as everyone else. He has the tools, and we don't exactly have a Marino on the roster.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Maybe we should give him the OC job??? :whip2:

There is no chance of S. Rosenfels beating out Feeley / Fiedler. He's simply not good enough. The guy looks like a career 3rd stringer to me...

PHINZ RULE!!! :p4e:
How can you tell Sage looks like a 3rd stringer ? :hmmm: Hes never has a chance to show what he can do.Hes been here long enough to learn the playbook :rtfm: and he should get some playing time during the exibition season.Dave is not exactly the best judge of QB talent:nate: .However Trestman should be.

Would love the see OJ back in a phins uniform. One of the best phins ever! You need a first down give it to OJ. The guy was money!

give Sage a chance? Any reason why he isn't given a chance? Is it because he's had many chances. He isn't another Tom Brady. The chance of him being a starter are slim, and no matter how much we like to think not, Wanny is a little more smarter than we are.

CrunchTime said:
How can you tell Sage looks like a 3rd stringer ? :hmmm: Hes never has a chance to show what he can do.Hes been here long enough to learn the playbook :rtfm: and he should get some playing time during the exibition season.Dave is not exactly the best judge of QB talent:nate: .However Trestman should be.

Last I checked, Wale was a stud in preseason. We give him the job...Sage hasn't exactly been a stud in preseason, and I gurantee Sage has been given a chance in practice and isn't living up to this hype.

blingbling2334 said:
Last I checked, Wale was a stud in preseason. We give him the job...Sage hasn't exactly been a stud in preseason, and I gurantee Sage has been given a chance in practice and isn't living up to this hype.
Ray Lucas was also a stud in preseason

Edit: whoops didnt understand the first time...well anyone that thinks he should start because of preseason REMEMBER LUCAS

The point I'm trying to make is that Wanny isn't keeping Sage from playing. Sage is keeping Sage from playing. If he wants a second string job, prove it.

I agree with blingbling. If the guy was that good, it would be in DW's best interest to give him a chance. Obviously he's not.

BlueFin said:

I couldn't agree more

What is with people and giving Sage a chance? Hello, the guy has been getting an audition for the past 3 years, it's no one's fault but his if he hasn't taken advantage of it. You act like we all know something special about Sage and how he'd be so good if he got a chance, don't you guys think the coaching staff know a little bit more than us? You think they don't want the best guy on the field? They're not having some conspriracy with keeping Jay the starter, he's just been the best guy we've had for the job like it or not. The coaches obviously know something we don't and have analyzed Sage far better than we ever can so it's not my place to question their judgement...

IF Sage was good enough to start by now, then he would have. Just because he led us on a nice garbage time touchdown in Tennessee does not mean he can be an effective starter. Maybe he needs more development and seasoning, I dont' know, but what I do know is that he's not good enough to start according to the coaches, and I'll take their word over O.J. who has never even played with the guy or caught a pass from him...it's much different in a game as we all know, Sage can look good all he wants with no pressure but the few times this offseason he's been in there with an actual defense he's played horrible. He just doesn't have the heart, passion, and intangibles to be a quality starter IMO from what I know and have seen of him.

Gosh I use to miss OJ a lot for our team, but now that we have two solid WRs...I am happy with our WR core again.. :)

BlueFin said:

Can I get an AMEN

Back
Top Bottom