O-Line piece tomorrow... salivate... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line piece tomorrow... salivate...

Thanks for the heads up, Jason Cole. Good segment on SC tonight. ;)

feelthepain said:
Thanks for the news , but everything you just quoted was in the coaches interviews over on NFL.com here's the link: http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3916
I would rather watch it then read it.

Thats pretty dumb, obviously hes giving us a heads up on an article, which (like all articles) will take quotes from different sources, hopefully including some we havent heard... Theres no reason to assume the article is going to be strictly Houck quotes from the interviews.

One thing that I think is actually very telling tho is him mentioning McKinney more than once, especially as a possible captain... Everyone here had essentially named McKinney the worst OL from last year and now it seems hes being praised by the new coach. Now he might have said McKinney's name as a possible captain because he had just mentioned his name as the center he had referenced, but still, obviously we know nothing here...

Amin

Amin said:
Thats pretty dumb, obviously hes giving us a heads up on an article, which (like all articles) will take quotes from different sources, hopefully including some we havent heard... Theres no reason to assume the article is going to be strictly Houck quotes from the interviews.

One thing that I think is actually very telling tho is him mentioning McKinney more than once, especially as a possible captain... Everyone here had essentially named McKinney the worst OL from last year and now it seems hes being praised by the new coach. Now he might have said McKinney's name as a possible captain because he had just mentioned his name as the center he had referenced, but still, obviously we know nothing here...

Amin

ROFL @ the quote in your sig

Amin said:

Amin

How was it dumb??? I'm sure not every fin fan has seen the interviews and if you don't have realplayer you won't see it either. I'm sure what the original poster is refering to will be the quotes of the interviews from NFL.com.

feelthepain said:
How was it dumb??? I'm sure not every fin fan has seen the interviews and if you don't have realplayer you won't see it either. I'm sure what the original poster is refering to will be the quotes of the interviews from NFL.com.

I dont know what youre getting at, you obviously heard the quotes since youre telling PressCoverage that his quote from the article isnt so special since it can be found in the interviews... if anything you should be telling yourself to cut him some slack since not everyone has realplayer, and the article might actually be new to some people...

I'm not sure you know what youre arguing here, all I was saying to you was not to be an *** to the guy just cuz he quoted something that can be found somewhere else.

Hes trying to hook us up with info before it comes out to the public.

Amin

Amin said:
I dont know what youre getting at, you obviously heard the quotes since youre telling PressCoverage that his quote from the article isnt so special since it can be found in the interviews... if anything you should be telling yourself to cut him some slack since not everyone has realplayer, and the article might actually be new to some people...

I'm not sure you know what youre arguing here, all I was saying to you was not to be an *** to the guy just cuz he quoted something that can be found somewhere else.

Hes trying to hook us up with info before it comes out to the public.

Amin

I said thanks to him, how was I being an *** to him??? Whats the matter you ragin!! BTW, Realplayer is free!!!!!!!!! There is even a download link at the bottom of the page at the link I posted above!!!

.....forget Sun-Sentinel boys and girls-this was a nice gift from Dolphin media relations to turn the wolves loose on 4 key assistant coaches-just watched over 1/2 hour of interviews which were by far the best insight into whats going on I've heard since Nick took over

my impressions:
Scott Linehan toed the party line and sounded a lot like Coach Saban-when asked about Ricky and Ronnie in the same backfield, said he only "focuses on the guys that are here" etc-was very complimentary of Chambers and McMichael while hesitating comparing Chris to Randy Moss (smart guy)

Hudson Houck is a dynamic guy and I found myself having hope for the season listening to him speak....seemed most impressed with "Rex"-said he was a strong leader who was equally good at guard or center-also impressed with Jeno and Stockar-said Wade Smith is too small for tackle or guard and quick enough to play center (silly Wannstedt-shoulda asked Houck-Tony Wise will be exposed this season as these guys improve weekly)

Wil Muschamp and Richard Smith seemed like the 2-headed coordinator-Smith is getting a "crash course" in Saban's defense from Muschamp-they answered questions equally and took turns-a little weird-sort of made me feel like last year with the hot potato offensive coordinator position, except I know St Nick won't allow any crap amongst the staff-comments included compliments on Channing Crowder's intensity and work ethic (and he played Sam Mike and Will (Wil?) linebacker), many comments by Smith about still being in the teaching phase, and I found it interesting that Muschamp and Nick were coaching the secondary along with Mel Phillips-

Shaping up to be an entertaining and fun-to-watch, if not playoff bound year-I am pumped about hearing the real deal a little after OTA's are done....

Thanks for the heads up dude, I cant wait to read it. On a somewhat digressive yet not completely off topic, everybody is drinking Hateraid on McKinney, he has all the physical tools, he just has not had the coaching. Give he dude a shot under Houck and see how he does. For the record, there are players I do not like; it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the fact I never talk bad about players

Hummer23 said:
Can you tell us where the story will come from?

All you have to do is listen to his press conference on the official site and you will hear him say it. He also said that Wade will be playing center but Seth has really has stepped up. He said that Rex could play guard or center and that Wade is atheletic enough to play Tackle but he just doesn't have the size. It was a good interview really worth the time listening to.

Back
Top Bottom