O-Line piece tomorrow... salivate... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line piece tomorrow... salivate...

well, that's one , yes.... the one i heard about was a column... (Skolnick)

"I think he's probably the elite coach in the league," new offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. That's the word around the league about the man who has been an NFL offensive line coach for the past 22 seasons, guiding 11 linemen to 43 Pro Bowls, as those linemen and others have helped halfbacks to six rushing titles.

PressCoverage said:
well, that's one , yes.... the one i heard about was a column... (Skolnick)

"I think he's probably the elite coach in the league," new offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. That's the word around the league about the man who has been an NFL offensive line coach for the past 22 seasons, guiding 11 linemen to 43 Pro Bowls, as those linemen and others have helped halfbacks to six rushing titles.
ok, here is the one you were talking about:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...n17,0,3518610.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

:)

Vernon Carey sounds like he knows a lot about golf, at least Tiger Woods' career. His summary and analogy were smack on.

Otherwise I wish there had been some decent technical stuff, asking Houck to summarize the strengths and weaknesses of each player. And also regarding position changes: what prompted them, any potential future moves, and what he looks for position by position.

Too much of that column read like a flowery press release. Except for the tidbit that Houck quickly dismissed Wade Smith as too small for tackle or guard. So we surrendered a future #2 for a smallish backup center, at the best case scenario.

Awsi Dooger said:
Vernon Carey sounds like he knows a lot about golf, at least Tiger Woods' career. His summary and analogy were smack on.

Otherwise I wish there had been some decent technical stuff, asking Houck to summarize the strengths and weaknesses of each player. And also regarding position changes: what prompted them, any potential future moves, and what he looks for position by position.

Too much of that column read like a flowery press release. Except for the tidbit that Houck quickly dismissed Wade Smith as too small for tackle or guard. So we surrendered a future #2 for a smallish backup center, at the best case scenario.

Can't make that assumption. I'm sure a good coach knows a thing or two about motivation. Calling Smith out, saying he was too small, may just be the chip on his shoulder he needs to turn into an above average guard. He'll either be pissed or on a mission to prove Houck wrong. I'll guess the latter. On a side note, I hope Carey earns the LT spot. Would be nice to see that 1st round turn into a legitimate piece of our puzzle.

I've read all the articles this morning and the biggest "news" in them is how much the players last year hated Wise. Perhaps more correctly its not that they hated Wise they had no respect for a guy who was not working hard and knew, as did everyone else, that he was a lock in his job because he was buddies with Wannstadt.

I, as were many of you, spent last season shocked and dismayed by how bad our line was and I thought all along that the coach had to be largely at fault. I mean what were the odds of seven or eight free agents and first day picks ALL being busts at the same time???? Spielman had his faults but ALL of them? Now we are being told we were right!

Back
Top Bottom