OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

I don’t think anyone is trying to protect EZ. The fact is that going into the 2023 season it appeared that he was working his way into the WR rotation until he when on IR early in the season.

At this point after signing OBJ, resigning Berrios, Cracraft and drafting 2 rookie WR’s, EZ is likely to have a very difficult time making the final 53.

He needs to come into camp fully healthy and prove he deserves a roster spot. If he doesn’t, no one is going to protect him and he will either end up looking for another team or on the Dolphins or another team’s PS.
I agree, barring other injuries in camp, I don't think EZ will make the 53.

There will be a lot of fuss around him, the deal is a good one he’s an accomplished receiver but I just don’t know how good he is at Guard or Tackle.
Given our current receivers and draft picks did we really need him? In Mike and Chris we trust.

Came down to price. Ravens paid 15 million last year, we got him for 3.

Going into the season expecting a rookie to take that 3rd spot is a little crazy. Miami’s system is not an easy one to learn. Not only is it complicated but routes need to be ran at perfection. Obj has been an elite route runner his entire career.

Did you watch the games where T.Hill and Waddle were locked up(Doubled) and the 3rd option that you thought weren’t that bad couldn’t beat 1 on 1 coverage with the entire field at their disposal?

Well the rest of us did.
Not sure why you feel the need to argue. But I'm just telling you what I seen. It's there to be seen. If you want to see it, watch the game or the film again. It's there.

In all seriousness we needed a vet who can still make plays. Plus he’s likely matured a lot / not such a knucklehead anymore

Back
Top Bottom