OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

While I'm not a fan of OBJ and his antics, he immediately becomes the best receiver on the Fins not named Hill or Waddle. McD obviously had the hots for him...
I don’t know how this will work out because he is older and hasn’t really played at a pro bowl level in a number of years. Yet as far as his “antics” are concerned, he really hasn’t been a problem since his early years with the Giants and Browns.

During his time with the Rams and Ravens, he appeared to be on his best behavior. I think coming to Miami as the #3 WR, he realizes that he is no longer the top WR on the roster and that his time as an NFL player is coming to an end within the next few years.

I think if he can stay healthy, he will be a great addition to the offense and I just don’t see him being an issue off the field as he was in his younger years in the league.

I
Animated GIF
I do that all the time😄

I'm not against signing OBJ, but I also wouldn't agree that we need him anymore. For me it's about opportunity cost. I see him as a plus signing. I think he fits well and would improve the room. However, I also like Malik quite a bit. I wouldn't want a vet signing to block his opportunities if he's as ready as I hope he is. Obviously that's an unknown right now. This system is not an easy one for WRs to pick up. Malik seems to be very smart and also have a high football IQ so I'm hopeful.

If the money could go to a different signing or even a trade that would have to be weighed as well. I currently consider Diggs (S) a higher priority add. I don't see the FA Gs as much of an upgrade but if somebody was cut or became available in a trade that might be above adding a vet WR too.
Hey solid post… but I’m okay with letting the rookies from day 3 getting more limited reps and learning more in a year where we have potential Super Bowl aspirations.

So he prob got 5-6mil GTD with option to get more if he earns it.

Excellent deal for Miami, excellent fit.

And a lot of saw this signing and at this cost coming… I am too busy today to read this thread but it’s probably full of a lot of hilariously bad takes about “he’s only put up 1100 yards in 4 years” and “I don’t like his me first attitude” or “he got $15mil and 500yards last year so that means he is a bad fit for us”.

This is a sneaky big signing. Odell is still really, really good. Lamar Jackson just isn’t a normal QB. There is a reason McDaniel wanted him so badly.

I don’t think people fully appreciate how good this makes our offense. With Tua and the OL, our five “playmakers” for every down are going to be some combination of Tyreek, Waddle, Odell, Achane, Mostert, Jaylen Wright, and Jonnu Smith. How the hell do you stop that? The worst of the bunch is 210 and runs a 4.38.
I agree. You can still see the separation and the hands. Great pickup.

Back
Top Bottom