OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

Is that important for some reason?
I think so. 50/50 balls, boxing out defenders on certain routes, bigger / physical tackle breaking abilities like AJ Brown type. I thought Playpool would be that guy but oh well. I like the speed of our offense. I’m concerned that the fast break stuff can really come undone if you have to go on the road in cold December / January. Right now on paper we feel a little “light” in the brutality department. I get that the game has changed but it is still won based on who is more physical at the end of the day. Everyone we drafted is short and fast too. As that lady from the Wendy’s commercial once said, “where’s the corn-feds at?” Or something like it.

IMO, there is zero reason Ezukanma deserves a roster spot. Why is he being protected? He was a mid draft pick, not like he was a 1st round selection. Better to keep as many young, HEALTHY players. I don’t get the fascination with this player.
The fascination is that he is the only one of the group that offers something different. He’s bigger and more physical than everyone else. So, if the light goes on for him, he is worth keeping. To your point though, he has to make a large jump this preseason.

This is a sneaky big signing. Odell is still really, really good. Lamar Jackson just isn’t a normal QB. There is a reason McDaniel wanted him so badly.

I don’t think people fully appreciate how good this makes our offense. With Tua and the OL, our five “playmakers” for every down are going to be some combination of Tyreek, Waddle, Odell, Achane, Mostert, Jaylen Wright, and Jonnu Smith. How the hell do you stop that? The worst of the bunch is 210 and runs a 4.38.
This is now the most loaded offense we ever had. Beckham is still an upper level starting wr.

I think so. 50/50 balls, boxing out defenders on certain routes, bigger / physical tackle breaking abilities like AJ Brown type. I thought Playpool would be that guy but oh well. I like the speed of our offense. I’m concerned that the fast break stuff can really come undone if you have to go on the road in cold December / January. Right now on paper we feel a little “light” in the brutality department. I get that the game has changed but it is still won based on who is more physical at the end of the day. Everyone we drafted is short and fast too. As that lady from the Wendy’s commercial once said, “where’s the corn-feds at?” Or something like it.

I don't think that's as much of a problem as people make it out to be.

Lofton and Reed didn't care about the snow and played just fine while beating us in the playoffs yeah a thousand years ago but it happened...here, Hill came over from KC and I don't think he cared about the cold snow while winning up there.

As did Thomas and Davis ...which in my mind Mostert, Wright and Achane if healthy can be as effective.

When it comes to the weather like snow... I'm more concerned with the oline, the dline, and my secondaries health because having mash units out there on those positions will wreck you in normal weather and especially in snow.

Last edited:
Except statistically that's not true. Big receivers aren't any better at contested catches than smaller ones. Beckham was among the top 20 in contested catch percentage in 2023 with a 54.7 contested catch rate. Malik was at 65% in college last year. You know who I didn't see above OBJ on that list? AJ Brown. It's this myth that big WR are better at contested catches that just keeps getting repeated by people who don't look at the stats.

Except statistically that's not true. Big receivers aren't any better at contested catches than smaller ones. Beckham was among the top 20 in contested catch percentage in 2023 with a 54.7 contested catch rate. Malik was at 65% in college last year. You know who I didn't see above OBJ on that list? AJ Brown. It's this myth that big WR are better at contested catches that just keeps getting repeated by people who don't look at the stats.
I don't believe this for a minute... not a second.

These 'stats' are laughable.

There is more to a 'contested catch' than can be captured by a statistic. Large receivers drive CBs off and catch balls that your 'statistic' would not measure, because whichever pointy headed, tin-foil hat wearing metric king who was trying to quantify this wouldn't see two sets of hands within 6 inches of one another.

Reducing a large, fast receivers to JUST players who fought for a poorly thrown ball? C'mon now. A talented ACURATE QB throws a ball to the side that favors the big man. Stats nerds won't call this a 'contested catch'.

The key to the whole season for the offense (beside injuries), is Hill's getting on board with Tua going to the best read. If he's willing to do that, sky's the limit for the offense.

Back
Top Bottom